What's new

Happy Republic Day!

Kashmiris observe Indian Republic Day as black day
Srinagar, January 26 (KMS): Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control and across the world marked India’s Republic Day, today, as Black Day to convey to the international community that India’s continued denial of Kashmiris’ right to self-determination belied its claim of being a democratic republic.

he day was marked by complete strike in occupied Kashmir, call for which was given by the All Parties Hurriyet Conference, the veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, the JKLF Chairman, Muhammad Yasin Malik, and the High Court Bar Association. All shops, business establishments, schools, colleges and government offices remained closed while traffic was off the road.Gun-totting Indian troops and police personnel manned every nook and corner of all major cities and towns to ensure that people do not hold protest demonstrations. The occupation authorities had deployed troops and police personnel in strength around the Bakhshi Stadium, the main venue of official function, and other vital installations across the Valley. Mobile phone and Internet services were suspended.

Happy Republic Day!

Kashmiris observe Indian Republic Day as black day
Srinagar, January 26 (KMS): Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control and across the world marked India’s Republic Day, today, as Black Day to convey to the international community that India’s continued denial of Kashmiris’ right to self-determination belied its claim of being a democratic republic.

he day was marked by complete strike in occupied Kashmir, call for which was given by the All Parties Hurriyet Conference, the veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, the JKLF Chairman, Muhammad Yasin Malik, and the High Court Bar Association. All shops, business establishments, schools, colleges and government offices remained closed while traffic was off the road.Gun-totting Indian troops and police personnel manned every nook and corner of all major cities and towns to ensure that people do not hold protest demonstrations. The occupation authorities had deployed troops and police personnel in strength around the Bakhshi Stadium, the main venue of official function, and other vital installations across the Valley. Mobile phone and Internet services were suspended.

Kashmir isn't only Gilani and Malik. Wake up! My youngest cousin in another part of J&K was so happy to have led the march past of the NCC contingent of our district ;)

Bakshi Stadium, Srinagar still would've had RD Parade today with full pomp and show... But if such propaganda helps you sleep at night, suit yourself

Kashmir isn't only Gilani and Malik. Wake up! My youngest cousin in another part of J&K was so happy to have led the march past of the NCC contingent of our district ;)

Bakshi Stadium, Srinagar still would've had RD Parade today with full pomp and show... But if such propaganda helps you sleep at night, suit yourself
you should wake up man in kashmir there was total black day today

you should wake up man in kashmir there was total black day today

May be you are just talking press and sensationalism (and thousands of quotes) and i am talking 'real people', as I have friends and family there (both in forces and civilians). And i did get enough of Happy RD smses today to tell you that this is still the place I call home and it is in INDIA. I come from the place mate.

But, like I said, whatever gives you peace at your sleep... :)

and amid the clampdown that happens every RD and 15th August, here is some hope that it is getting normal...

Kashmiris facing fewer disruptions before Republic Day - khabarsouthasia.com

I have seen days where bomb blasts marked the ID & RD, but no more sir... if some still chose to bury their head in sand and believe that there is some war going on there, i am sure they will still continue to do the same.. so, Peace!

Back
Top Bottom