What's new

HAppY Dussera Everyone....

yep i also heard that raman knew all the vedas and was the biggest devotee of shiva all the time.

Interesting! :tup:

Raavan was in fact the most intelligent, the most knowledgeable, the bravest and the most revered until he committed acts which spelled his doom.

This is how the famous Sanskrit proverb, "Vinaash Kaale Vipreet Buddhi", came into being.

no offense, but what is Dussera?

I am not very knowledgeable about this but in it's essence, it is supposed to commemorate a victory of good/ righteousness against evil, or rather the fall of evil.

Members do correct me in case of error.

Back in High School, Navratri was held in these big maidaans and everyone would be there - chicks all dressed up. It became more a hook up place and Hindus were barely a majority at these occasions.

Raavan was in fact the most intelligent, the most knowledgeable, the bravest and the most revered until he committed acts which spelled his doom.

Even as per the mythology, that is not true. He was very intelligent, very knowledgeable, very brave...

most revered, by no account that I have read.

He had lost to Baali in a duel.

Regards,
Anoop.

Happy Vijaya Dashemi to all of you. :)

What...?!!?!?!

Dude you have any South Indians living nearby you..? I thought all along this was the South Indian name for Dussehra rarely used outside.:undecided:

Anyways..Thanks a lot.!!!!

Even as per the mythology, that is not true. He was very intelligent, very knowledgeable, very brave...

most revered, by no account that I have read.

He had lost to Baali in a duel.

Regards,
Anoop.

That was Sugreev.

Raavan was one of the most ardent devotee of Lord Shiva and was extremely knowledgeable in all the 64 ancient arts and was a benevolent ruler loved by his subjects.

That was Sugreev.

Raavan was one of the most ardent devotee of Lord Shiva and was extremely knowledgeable in all the 64 ancient arts and was a benevolent ruler loved by his subjects.

:) Please do check out. Sugreev had lost to Baali when they both had a fall out.

Raavan had lost to Baali in a duel. As I said you can check it out.

Regards,
Anoop.

Back
Top Bottom