What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sentence is completely wrong. LCA is well ahead in payload & range or any other feature compare to SepecatJaguar.

SEPECAT Jaguar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lcab.png

You should also check empty weight of both planes.

One is twin engine, so empty weight not worth comparing..
Payload is always relative to thrust..

You are involving "Evolution" with "revolution" = two different things..

One is twin engine, so empty weight not worth comparing..
Payload is always relative to thrust..

You are involving "Evolution" with "revolution" = two different things..
Jaguar engine is not powerful enough so it does not give that enough thrust that's why IAF is plan to replace it. Currently I am on smartphone so @sancho can you elaborate him that Jaguar is obsolete in front of LCA .

Jaguar engine is not powerful enough so it does not give that enough thrust that's why IAF is plan to replace it. Currently I am on smartphone so @sancho can you elaborate him that Jaguar is obsolete in front of LCA .

Now you are changing the parameters...
The central point was "payload"
Now you are switching over to "Obsolete"
Stay on central point = "Payload.

The block 60 F-16E/F, which is being developed for the United Arab Emirates, features extra payload and range, in part due to the new F110-132 engine being developed by General Electric, which produces 145kN of thrust.

Did I say that it is (powerful)??
We are talking about "payload" only..

Who started Jaguar Vs LCA discussion???

Don't you know both are different type of planes? Jaguar is Fighter Bomber (Like Su34) while LCA is Multirole fighter (Like Su30 MKI)...

Jaguar is suppose to carry more bombs, but that don't change its role...

IAF LCA squadron awaits first aircraft after fresh delay - The Economic Times

More than seven months after it was cleared for being flown by IAF pilots, the entry of the first LCA Tejas in its newly-raised squadron in Bangalore is still awaited as the project has been delayed yet again.

IAF has raised its 45 Squadron at Bangalore for allowing its pilots to fly the aircraft and was supposed to induct the first Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) in March this year.

But the schedule has now been shifted to coming September, sources said here.

The delay is also understood to have pushed backed the Final Operational Clearance (FOC) of the aircraft from December this year to March 2015.

Flight manuals, the aircraft manual and other basic documents required by pilots to operate the aircraft are also not yet ready, the sources added.

The LCA programme, cleared in August 1983 at a cost of Rs 560 crore to replace the ageing MiG-21s in IAF's combat fleet, has missed several deadlines.

Asked about the delays, a HAL spokesperson said that as far as the production of LCAs was concerned, "HAL is on the right path and there is no delivery issue at this stage."

He said the HAL LCA Project Group has now been upgraded to a full-fledged division to look after production in a systematic way with more investments.

if I'm not wrong then 6 tejas aircrafts are under production right now and would be delivered in next few months.

The central point was "payload"

Payload is only a paper figure that doesn't tell you about the real carrying capability of a fighter, without including the number of hardpoints or the load limitations.

Typical strike config of Jaguar and LCA MK1 would be:

2 x fuel tanks (at the inner wing stations)
1 x LDP (at the centerline station for the Jags, at the pod station for the LCA)
2 x 1000lb LGBs (at the mid wing station, a 3rd one possible for LCA at the centerline)
2 x IR missiles for self defence (at the overwingstation for the Jags, or the external wingstation for the LCA)

2fck4yia.jpg

kh342vph.jpg

uxlhsluq.jpg

So even if the Jag has more payload on paper, the standard strike config is the same, while the LCA even has space left for more weapons or fuel.

What can we do man,,,when airforce dosen't care about its own people.
As i said earlier,,they are comparing ourselves to the west....................too greedy.

Look at what china did,,they made hundreds of flanker copies and now when they have to money,started making indigenous stuff.
We on the other hand just want greatest and the best without realizing how poor we really are relatively.

Sorry for confusion.
But therse machines are just too damn old to be kept flying.

Same goes for mig-27 and sepecat jaguar,,,they are just fighters on paper only

Hi,
Have you ever saw or heard any news about a Jaguar getting crashed..Jaguars were some of the most reliable ground attack and our only reliable options for maritime strike role for few decades and they did their job pretty well..Besides the IAF thinks it will still be doing its duty for few more years that's why they upgraded its engine and guidance systems to DARIN standards..
Hence let us not just bash the legacy fighter and pay the respect it deserves..Thanks

Once, I heard a story from my flight instructor that a Jaguar while on a usual training sortie was returning to base and one engine developed some compressor malfunction and hence couldn't develop much thrust to support..But the other engine pulled it and the pilot grounded the aircraft safely that day, since the Aircraft was fully loaded it would have been fatal if it had crashed in populated areas.. This was from a very reliable sources trust me..Thanks

Last edited:
...Asked about the delays, a HAL spokesperson said that as far as the production of LCAs was concerned, "HAL is on the right path and there is no delivery issue at this stage."

He said the HAL LCA Project Group has now been upgraded to a full-fledged division to look after production in a systematic way with more investments.

"The new initiative will help enhance the rate of production and reduce production cycle-times by incorporating several advanced defence aerospace technologies," the spokesperson said.

IAF LCA squadron still awaits first aircraft | Brahmand News

Tejas FOC delayed again, Indian defence minister admits

Rahul Bedi, New Delhi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
29 July 2014

The December 2014 deadline for India's long-delayed Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mk I to secure its final operational clearance (FOC) is being extended to March 2015, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley told parliament on 18 July.

p1401820.jpg

FOC for the Tejas Mk I was scheduled for December 2014, but is likely to be pushed back to 2015 at the earliest, officials say. (IHS/James Hardy)

Senior Indian Air Force (IAF) officers told IHS Jane's on 30 July that considering the aircraft's numerous technical shortcomings, FOC could be pushed back even further.

The LCA Mk I received its initial operational clearance (IOC) in December 2013 after securing provisional IOC in January 2011.

Official sources said "several hundred" of the single-engine fighter's test points and other operational parameters needed validation by the Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification in Bangalore.

To read the full article, Client Login
(109 of 479 words)

Tejas FOC delayed again, Indian defence minister admits - IHS Jane's 360

Hi,
These Defence ministry people are like parrots they repeat whatever was told to them by others..The HAL and the Programme director for LCA, knows very well, what to do and what not to do..Infact the modifications and advancements since LCA's first prototype came out were very very impressive to be frank..
When it gets FOC, trust me its gonna be a kick *** one for sure...
Every possible technical hitches were addressed and Thrust developed (Both wet/Dry) are upto expectations and they are planning to add two short range Missiles to the Pay load after the recent trials and the performance satisfactory levels achieved during the High altitude trials..So all I can say is, those who bash LCA let them bash..those who are worried of its delay, get ready for a surprise..
Because LCA had exceeded every level of Bechmarking laid in front and is going to be one of its kind..
But only drawback with LCA MK1 will be that it will be having GE 414 engine but not our Kaveri..Mark2 will definitely be a different story guys...BTW, I shared whatever I saw with my two eyes..I don't have any sources to quote..[/quote]

Tejas FOC delayed again, Indian defence minister admits

Rahul Bedi, New Delhi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
29 July 2014

The December 2014 deadline for India's long-delayed Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mk I to secure its final operational clearance (FOC) is being extended to March 2015, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley told parliament on 18 July.

p1401820.jpg

FOC for the Tejas Mk I was scheduled for December 2014, but is likely to be pushed back to 2015 at the earliest, officials say. (IHS/James Hardy)

Senior Indian Air Force (IAF) officers told IHS Jane's on 30 July that considering the aircraft's numerous technical shortcomings, FOC could be pushed back even further.

The LCA Mk I received its initial operational clearance (IOC) in December 2013 after securing provisional IOC in January 2011.

Official sources said "several hundred" of the single-engine fighter's test points and other operational parameters needed validation by the Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification in Bangalore.

To read the full article
(109 of 479 words)

Hi,
These Defence ministry people are like parrots they repeat whatever was told to them by others..The HAL and the Programme director for LCA, knows very well, what to do and what not to do..Infact the modifications and advancements since LCA's first prototype came out were very very impressive to be frank..
When it gets FOC, trust me its gonna be a kick *** one for sure...
Every possible technical hitches were addressed and Thrust developed (Both wet/Dry) are upto expectations and they are planning to add two short range Missiles to the Pay load after the recent trials and the performance satisfactory levels achieved during the High altitude trials..So all I can say is, those who bash LCA let them bash..those who are worried of its delay, get ready for a surprise..
Because LCA had exceeded every level of Bechmarking laid in front and is going to be one of its kind..
But only drawback with LCA MK1 will be that it will be having GE 414 engine but not our Kaveri..Mark2 will definitely be a different story guys...BTW, I shared whatever I saw with my two eyes..I don't have any sources to quote..
[/quote]
Chasmainbadoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom