What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sandy_3126, @he-man, @Joe Shearer @indiatester @Srinivas @gslv mk3,

This thread supposed to be discussing technical aspect. I also posted something in the heat of the moment regarding HAL. Actually we can open a new thread "For and against PSUs". We can all share some of our experience while working in PSUs and Private Industry. I have worked for three and half years in two PSUs (one central and one state). But let us discuss Tejas only here.

In that thread "hum apna dil ka bhadas nikal sakte hain"!!

I am taking the lead and saying sorry for the third time:(

Although no operational examples exist study has proven that Rafale can operate in STOBAR conditions without additional modifications.

F-35B should also be able to operate in STOBAR config if it is retrofitted with arrestor hook of F-35C

Any news whether iac-2 will be catobar or stobar?

Astra Mk-2 ( sorry if posted earlier ?

xTt9ev3.jpg

mdsUGJU.jpg

@sandy_3126 @Abingdonboy

Naval- LCA Completes first Supersonic Flight | idrw.org
According to Press Release by Aeronautical Development Agency ( ADA ) Developers of Light combat aircraft ( LCA ) they have informed that Naval-LCA NP-1 on 22-March-2014 successfully completed its first supersonic flight and according to sources close to idrw.org NP-1 achieved Mach 1.1 in its first supersonic flight Naval Prototype ( NP-1 ) was grounded for more than a year after its first flight in 27 April 2012 and at that point had carried out only Four flights during initial period of testing .

NP-1 was later grounded to carry out weight reduction measures on undercarriage and also to fix issues with its landing gears
NP-1 resumed test flight only in november last year and according to DRDO and ADA officials all Structural issues and Problems related to NP-1 have been fixed and further testing are under way to check and validate modification and changes which has been carried out on the aircraft .Till 5th of this month , NP-1 has successfully carried out 19 test flights and once first phase of testing on Naval LCA are completed in Bangalore , ADA will move NP-1 aircraft to INS Hansa Naval base in Goa to carry out second phase of testing which will involve takeoff and landing on Shore Based Test Facility (SBTF) which is replica of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant being built at Kochi.

SBTF, which was commissioned recently, is primarily used for flight testing of Naval aircraft that operate from aircraft carriers. This is also makes India among Elite Nation since this third such facility in the world, after the United States and Ukraine. Naval Mig-29k pilots are already getting training for aircraft Carrier launch and landing from this facility and soon NP-1 will join in for more testing of the aircraft .

DRDO also is working on Single-seat LCA MK 1 Naval variant ( NP-2) for carrier operations , which is already under construction and will be ready for first flight by year end . Navy already has placed orders for 8 Limited Series Production (LSP) aircraft based on N-LCA MK-1 configuration which mostly likely will be used for Pilot training before N-LCA MK-2 which will be powered by more powerful General Electric F414-GE-INS6 engine will only be ready by 2018-19 .

No offence, but you should practice what you preach. If this is not personal attack against @he-man then I don't know what is.

Pagol-e ki na bole, Chagol-e ki na Khai

These guys hunt in pack of wolves,i am used to it yaar.:cool:

No offence, but you should practice what you preach. If this is not personal attack against @he-man then I don't know what is.

Pagol-e ki na bole, Chagol-e ki na Khai

Not slander but misconstrued humor for joe, where Me and Joe are the pagol and others are the experts... thus we like chagol are eating personal unsubstantiated drivel, and our remarks are more or less useless.

Any news whether iac-2 will be catobar or stobar?

A way off topic question there's another sticky thread for ACs hope I'm not breaking any rules by replying.

Last I heard IAC-2 is still in design phase and the design is not yet frozen. It will most probably be CATOBAR with steam catapults ( better when used with nuclear propulsion due to the steam produced as a byproduct by it.).

US is ready to offer EMALS ( better when used with diesel electric propulsion ) but the technology is under development would be considerably more expensive and also delay the project further and I'm not sure it'll come with No Strings Attached ( really can't afford to sign inspection rights or restriction on usage of our most advanced capital ship ) that's partly why I would literally pay the Navy to use Rafale from IAC-2 until AMCA is ready and not JSF or Super Hornets.

A way off topic question there's another sticky thread for ACs hope I'm not breaking any rules by replying.

Last I heard IAC-2 is still in design phase and the design is not yet frozen. It will most probably be CATOBAR with steam catapults ( better when used with nuclear propulsion due to the steam produced as a byproduct by it.).

US is ready to offer EMALS ( better when used with diesel electric propulsion ) but the technology is under development would be considerably more expensive and also delay the project further and I'm not sure it'll come with No Strings Attached ( really can't afford to sign inspection rights or restriction on usage of our most advanced capital ship ) that's partly why I would literally pay the Navy to use Rafale from IAC-2 until AMCA is ready and not JSF or Super Hornets.

1. EMALS is already developed and is a part of USS Gerald R Ford

2. Even if steam catapult is selected , still the technology will come from US

Its a problem as we won't get catapults or emals without any strings attached:(
No one else in the world is making CATOBAR tech- EMALS or Steam. If the French who are equally as insistent on maintaining their autonomy as India, can get Steam catapult tech from the US then I don't see why India should be overly reluctant. The fact of the matter is the US is the unchallenged world leader in ACC tech, every other nation is DECADES behind. Even if the IAC-2 was to be STOBAR configured a significant amount of high end tech would be coming from the US from integrated deck management systems to signalling equipment, engines, ship management systems etc etc

The IN can't make a state of the art ACC without bits and pieces from the US- this is a entirely mandatory.

No one else in the world is making CATOBAR tech- EMALS or Steam. If the French who are equally as insistent on maintaining their autonomy as India, can get Steam catapult tech from the US then I don't see why India should be overly reluctant. The fact of the matter is the US is the unchallenged world leader in ACC tech, every other nation is DECADES behind. Even if the IAC-2 was to be STOBAR configured a significant amount of high end tech would be coming from the US from integrated deck management systems to signalling equipment, engines, ship management systems etc etc

The IN can't make a state of the art ACC without bits and pieces from the US- this is a entirely mandatory.

Yup,i would have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom