What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Employee perhaps? Or just based on a pair of good binoculars and a strategic location near the HAL airport?

And for your information, nobody talked about how much you had posted, presumably that being your idea of a contribution. The comment was about stereotyped views and prejudices.

So your visits to government hospitals have been downers, therefore public sector will have to be privatised?

Tell me, since you are an expert on the subject, which private sector enterprise spends even a fraction of the public sector on design and development, forget about research and development?

U must be joking right!
Otherwise even trying to defend hal/drdo on any grounds is a joke of highest order

U must be joking right!
Otherwise even trying to defend hal/drdo on any grounds is a joke of highest order
@he-man, you seem to have too high standards that no one can meet. Most folks here agree that PSU's are not the most optimal machines. But coming to think of it, which unit is?
If we list down all the industries in India and actually look at what was an original creation, we will be hard pressed to find one.
While self-critique is important, self-loathing is not.

HAL/DRDO etc are only a reflection of how good we are as a nation. Just about average and not great.

@he-man, you seem to have too high standards that no one can meet. Most folks here agree that PSU's are not the most optimal machines. But coming to think of it, which unit is?
If we list down all the industries in India and actually look at what was an original creation, we will be hard pressed to find one.
While self-critique is important, self-loathing is not.

HAL/DRDO etc are only a reflection of how good we are as a nation. Just about average and not great.

Thats where u are wrong mate.
We have such good talent that we can achieve 10 times more,but due to faulty planning we are so far behind.
No changes have been made in seats allocation in medical and engineering colleges for decades now.
Then psu structure has remained literally same for 65 years with no accountability whatsover.

The guys are good but management sucks and thats the issue here.if we don't change we are gonna loose a lot of more time eventually,u may curse me,call me pakistani but whatever,i am not here to smooth talk.

We have such good talent that we can achieve 10 times more,but due to faulty planning we are so far behind.
No changes have been made in seats allocation in medical and engineering colleges for decades now.
Then psu structure has remained literally same for 65 years with no accountability whatsover.

The guys are good but management sucks and thats the issue here.if we don't change we are gonna loose a lot of more time eventually,u may curse me,call me pakistani but whatever,i am not here to smooth talk.

I'll sound clichéd but, if there is talent, it will come out.
There are enough universities and institutes in India that have employed good people who have time to kill. Do you see exceptional papers coming out?
Has our pharma industry come out with a decent molecule yet? And it is not for the lack of encouragement.
What exceptional ideas have come out of our IT industry? Surely there is enough talent and funding.

Like you said, we don't have good management. But you are missing the point that management has to be exceptional and it will come from the crop of the good guys.

We are all in this together. Hence constructive/positive criticism is far better (that is not smooth talk) rather than negative criticism.

We have digressed enough from HAL Tejas here. I'll stop trying to correct you further :P(for now).

Go work for reliance or tata and transform them into aerospace entities, or go and reform PSU's with your uber management skills.

Although off topic, I would indeed like to know you credentials? what is your educational and professional background? You seem to know how all PSU work, how many have you worked for? You also have tall claims on design, tell us about your design proficiency, how many design projects have you led or have been a part of?

Really? Employee perhaps? Or just based on a pair of good binoculars and a strategic location near the HAL airport?

And for your information, nobody talked about how much you had posted, presumably that being your idea of a contribution. The comment was about stereotyped views and prejudices.

So your visits to government hospitals have been downers, therefore public sector will have to be privatised?

Tell me, since you are an expert on the subject, which private sector enterprise spends even a fraction of the public sector on design and development, forget about research and development?

Pagol-e ki na bole, Chagol-e ki na Khai

I'll sound clichéd but, if there is talent, it will come out.
There are enough universities and institutes in India that have employed good people who have time to kill. Do you see exceptional papers coming out?
Has our pharma industry come out with a decent molecule yet? And it is not for the lack of encouragement.
What exceptional ideas have come out of our IT industry? Surely there is enough talent and funding.

Like you said, we don't have good management. But you are missing the point that management has to be exceptional and it will come from the crop of the good guys.

We are all in this together. Hence constructive/positive criticism is far better (that is not smooth talk) rather than negative criticism.

We have digressed enough from HAL Tejas here. I'll stop trying to correct you further :P(for now).

Its cool man,but due to derth of spacf here I cannot make my point.
Small points

1)we don't have truckloads of talent due to skewed ratio in colleges.

For medical alone 80000 mbbs doctors give exam for 5000 seats!and then govt says we have poor health indicators and no doctors.

For engineering graduation at least 12 lakh students give aieee every year vying for approx 50000 good seats,out of which only upto rank 15000-20000 can get into nit's which are best after iit's.

On the top of this 50 pc of these are quota students and should (under ideal conditions )never be there.

2)payscale matters.

After doing md medicine I will get like 1 lakh per month(studying at least for 8 1/2 years and if u drop u invariably spend around 10 years).

So I will start earning after I am 26 or so.

In engineering too due to shitty salaries of hal/drdo they will never get the top talent

A clerk in govt office earns about 40000 per month doing nothing!

Any ideas on the fuel efficiency, service life, cost of the Kaveri vs the RD 33-MK?No doubt the Kaveri on the IN's MIG-29Ks would be an awesome achievement but the general rule of inducting new pieces of kit is that it is better than what it is replacing.I would hate to see the Kaveri be inducted purely as a PR exercise and be inferior in certain matrixes wrt to the RD-33 this would not only hurt the IN but also the Kaveri project as a whole.

Of course it can't be inducted only because it's Indian, but doesn't need to be better and more capable automatically too. We often aim way too high and want to develop a world class engine or radar right away and when that fails the excuse is always the same, it was the first try. But when we would look at things a bit more rational and take on realistic goals, like developing Kaveri to the required dry thrust level and as close to the 90kN of the RD 33MK as possible, it would be an achievement as well. Our techs currently don't neet to be better than what they replace, but as good as they are! Further improvement comes with time and shouldn't be forced. That's why I do believe that we can mature Kaveri K9 on our own and might even get 85 to 90kN AB thrust, which still is not enough to power LCA MK2, nor AMCA, but would be enough for the Mig. The main advantage then would be, full freedom of modifications, upgrades, or maintenance, or no later cost increases!

@sancho Can We develop a fighter for botj CATOBAR and STOBAR operations ? Is there any current examples? What will be the differences?

The difference for both is only the way the fighters would take off, the landing system is the same. However, to take off via catapult the airfram and especially the front gear must be much more strengthened, while a fighter that takes off via ski-jump gets only basic navalisation for the arrested landing.
On the other side, taking off via ski-jump requires a good TWR and enough power to get the aircraft in the air. So you need to develop a fighter aimed on catobar carriers, but with good flight performance, to take off from STOBAR carriers too.

Last edited:
Go work for reliance or tata and transform them into aerospace entities, or go and reform PSU's with your uber management skills.

Although off topic, I would indeed like to know you credentials? what is your educational and professional background? You seem to know how all PSU work, how many have you worked for? You also have tall claims on design, tell us about your design proficiency, how many design projects have you led or have been a part of?

Pagol-e ki na bole, Chagol-e ki na Khai

LOL!

Thanks; that lightened things up.

I'm sick of Bharat Rakshak drop-outs who come out here seeking attention that they can't get there, and marching to a single drum-beat: the useless PSUs. These PSUs are useless, but they need their own solutions, not these plastic-bottomed heroics by jerks who haven't done a day's work in their own lives.

If we were to go by their intonations, we would be stuck with the equivalent of the Ambassador; that's what happened last time the private sector was given protection, encouragement and a free hand. DC 3 Dakota Mk XVII, anyone?

LOL!

Thanks; that lightened things up.

I'm sick of Bharat Rakshak drop-outs who come out here seeking attention that they can't get there, and marching to a single drum-beat: the useless PSUs. These PSUs are useless, but they need their own solutions, not these plastic-bottomed heroics by jerks who haven't done a day's work in their own lives.

If we were to go by their intonations, we would be stuck with the equivalent of the Ambassador; that's what happened last time the private sector was given protection, encouragement and a free hand. DC 3 Dakota Mk XVII, anyone?

Seeing ur stupid and pathetic views u should probably vote for aap or cpim with hardcore leftist thinking.

Nothing more to say really,some ppl just don't get it.the older they are the more stubborn they get.

Go and check the accounts of Bel,bhel,nhpc and then come here and spread ur stupidity.

Majority of servers and modems used by mtnl,bsnl etc are chinese,forget about anything meaningful.

As for ordnance factory board,hal,drdo they survive on tot jobs.

Tejas is at least 50 pc imported with almost all critical subsystems being imported.we couldn't even make a simple pulse doppler radar.

Dhruv is 90 pc imported acc to 2011 cag report,read that and come here.

People like u have ruined the nation with ur thinking and vision

Seeing ur stupid and pathetic views u should probably vote for aap or cpim with hardcore leftist thinking.

Nothing more to say really,some ppl just don't get it.the older they are the more stubborn they get.

Go and check the accounts of Bel,bhel,nhpc and then come here and spread ur stupidity.

Majority of servers and modems used by mtnl,bsnl etc are chinese,forget about anything meaningful.

As for ordnance factory board,hal,drdo they survive on tot jobs.

Tejas is at least 50 pc imported with almost all critical subsystems being imported.we couldn't even make a simple pulse doppler radar.

Dhruv is 90 pc imported acc to 2011 cag report,read that and come here.

People like u have ruined the nation with ur thinking and vision

Refrain from Slander and personal attacks...

@sandy_3126, @he-man, @Joe Shearer @indiatester @Srinivas @gslv mk3,

This thread supposed to be discussing technical aspect. I also posted something in the heat of the moment regarding HAL. Actually we can open a new thread "For and against PSUs". We can all share some of our experience while working in PSUs and Private Industry. I have worked for three and half years in two PSUs (one central and one state). But let us discuss Tejas only here.

In that thread "hum apna dil ka bhadas nikal sakte hain"!!

Can We develop a fighter for botj CATOBAR and STOBAR operations ? Is there any current examples? What will be the differences?

Although no operational examples exist study has proven that Rafale can operate in STOBAR conditions without additional modifications.

F-35B should also be able to operate in STOBAR config if it is retrofitted with arrestor hook of F-35C

If I remember correctly even the Sea Gripen was aimed to operate in both STOBAR and CATOBAR configs although am not sure about the status of the program

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom