What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its is the weight vs dry thrust that matters.

First it must achieve these aimed thrust levels, which wasn't clear. Then the mentioned overweight, or that the French can get roughly the same thrust, out of an engine that has also a smaller diameter, which shows that there is still a technical gap. And before we have an engine that we can fit into any fighter for ground and flight tests, we have nothing anyway, which makes comparing it to other engines at this stage moot.

Is Tejas flying?

If you meant if it got IAF clearance, then yes, IOC 2 since last december, induction of first fighters planned for this year, FOC for next year.

@Sergi and @sandy_3126 , Actually I came to know about the number from another DF (idf to be precise). And my friend works in Koraput. No, he does not know about full strength of HAL. But what he said is this.

Recently due to some policy the ITI technicians gets to "work" overtime and take pay. Here work means no work. Some bachelor ITIs (foreman, Technicians etc.) even take there tooth brush along to the factory and stay there overnight and claim payment doing nothing. Engineers cannot do that.

The promotions are judged by the HR Dept from Bangalore. Even if you are worthy and your boss flavors you, he can do nothing. But in the event of any breakdown you will be called who know how to fix, not the person who got promoted.

There are seniors (I would not mind calling them quota) who knows nothing, but will argue for ego sake. For example one said there is no starter in 400 volt category, only 220 volt. Another said they have worked with more that 1 Power factor. Many would be seen pacing around from one block to another with some file with them as if they are working.

And about Indigenistaion of Sukhoi, the less said is better!!. The cost of Sukhoi imported is far less than what is the cost here, because of the above factor. As many as 20% of the work force just loiter around, busy planning how to get extra payment from OT, Canteen and other things.

I read from idf that Dassault has got only 11000 work force out of which 3400 are dedicated for Rafale. I don't know the truth, bu if that is true then....

@Sergi and @sandy_3126 , Actually I came to know about the number from another DF (idf to be precise). And my friend works in Koraput. No, he does not know about full strength of HAL. But what he said is this.

I read from idf that Dassault has got only 11000 work force out of which 3400 are dedicated for Rafale. I don't know the truth, bu if that is true then....

Well, in an organisation the divide usually is 10-80-10...
10% of workforce in most of the organisation are slackers/complainers/oozing negative energy
80% of the Workforce is hardworking people who do their quota of assigned work, earn a honest living and go home
10% of the Workforce are the change agents, innovators, busybees whose goal is progress, betterment, and improvement.

Now in an organisation if the management doesn't engage and empower this 10% of change agents, then the 80% of workforce starts emulating the rest of the 10% slackers....

On the other hand if the 10% of the change agents or the rockstars of the workforce are highly engaged by the management, then the rest of 80% of the workforce is engaged, productive and organisational directive is positive.

one of the major flaws in HAL and some other DPSU's is timescale promotion, or promotion based o seniority. Once that changes and management is more agile these marginal issues are easy to handle.

But as a suggestion, next time when you comment about an organisation, about which you hear from a friend who works in Engine Division, get all the facts, and do not grossly generalize. There a thousands of engineers and managers in HAL who have dedicated their lives in the service of the nation. maligning their efforts is due to half baked information is not just an insult to their endeavors but also a dis-service to your patriotic fellow countrymen.

10% of workforce in most of the organisation are slackers/complainers/oozing negative energy
80% of the Workforce is hardworking people who do their quota of assigned work, earn a honest living and go home
10% of the Workforce are the change agents, innovators, busybees whose goal is progress, betterment, and improvement.

Now in an organisation if the management doesn't engage and empower this 10% of change agents, then the 80% of workforce starts emulating the rest of the 10% slackers....

On the other hand if the 10% of the change agents or the rockstars of the workforce are highly engaged by the management, then the rest of 80% of the workforce is engaged, productive and organisational directive is positive.

one of the major flaws in HAL and some other DPSU's is timescale promotion, or promotion based o seniority. Once that changes and management is more agile these marginal issues are easy to handle.

But as a suggestion, next time when you comment about an organisation, about which you hear from a friend who works in Engine Division, get all the facts, and do not grossly generalize. There a thousands of engineers and managers in HAL who have dedicated their lives in the service of the nation. maligning their efforts is due to half baked information is not just an insult to their endeavors but also a dis-service to your patriotic fellow countrymen.

Dude its just a typical psu,don't expect wonders from it.plus it gets 50 pc of the workforce from quotas only so what do u expect?

We don't even have the best people working at psu's

Dude its just a typical psu,don't expect wonders from it.plus it gets 50 pc of the workforce from quotas only so what do u expect?

Well "Dude",
You are a know it all, but I unfortunately dont know about all the psu's and don't know what a typical psu is....

Comparing different organisations, their field of work, their challenges and their problems might be a piece of cake for you but is not that easy with my minimal intellect. So I do not know what to expect....

Its alright, but when you hear such injustice etc, it makes your blood boil...I am a patriotic nationalist thinking person. I could not stand to these type of things and therefore I left my Govt. job and started my own. I know a lot of men who were frustrated by the way of work, promotion, rewards that they left the job. I know there are many hard working people out there and because of them these organization survives. Many wants to leave, but they are scared what to do next?

Its a "Hands Up" Situation!!

Its alright, but when you hear such injustice etc, it makes your blood boil...I am a patriotic nationalist thinking person. I could not stand to these type of things and therefore I left my Govt. job and started my own. I know a lot of men who were frustrated by the way of work, promotion, rewards that they left the job. I know there are many hard working people out there and because of them these organization survives. Many wants to leave, but they are scared what to do next?

Its a "Hands Up" Situation!!

I raised these issues here last year but no one gives a hoot.
U will see the usual suspects coming here and justifying what hal or drdo is doing.

HAL just like AIR INDIA is a cash cow for people attached with it

"The usual suspects" divide rather neatly into two categories: those who 'automatically' run down PSUs, and don't want to spend any time or energy considering balancing factors, and those who jump to their defence. These are organisations which run more or less like others, and it is their ownership that is the main, although not the only, distinguishing factor.

Remarks like

HAL just like AIR INDIA is a cash cow for people attached with it

don't add much to our knowledge about these places.

'Joe Shearer'
(former CEO in a joint venture with HAL, where he saw the dark underbelly of HAL, as well as the inspiring commitment and dedication of a significant minority)

Last edited:
"The usual suspects" divide rather neatly into two categories: those who 'automatically' run down PSUs, and don't want to spend any time or energy considering balancing factors, and those who jump to their defence. These are organisations which run more or less like others, and it is their ownership that is the main, although not the only, distinguishing factor.

Remarks like

don't add much to our knowledge about these places.

'Joe Shearer'
(former CEO in a joint venture with HAL, where he saw the dark underbelly of HAL, as well as the inspri

The problem with u guys is u think we don't know how hal or drdo works which sadly is not the case.

I do have first hand info on how things are done there.

And for ur info I have contributed my fair share on this forum regarding equipment of su-30,35,mig-29k,rafale etc so yeah I do know what I am saying.

The problem lies in people who think hal/drdo can improve.without privatisation nothing is gonna change.its the same situation with govt hospital,try visiting one to diff it from private one.

And lastly we are losing our talented ppl from hal/drdo due to payscale related issues,that needs fixing too.

But yeah t /w is the actual factor as rafale with total of 150 kn of wet thrust can carry same stuff as su-35 with 300 kn(8 tonnes)....due to lower weight.plus it can supercruise too

I'm pretty sure the engines of Su-35 are designed to supercruise.

I'm pretty sure the engines of Su-35 are designed to supercruise.

They don't give exact figures.no
So its suspect at best.
Other thing is poor engine life of only 4000 hours.

But yeah the articles do mention it can supercruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom