What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has AESA and IRST been confirmed for Blk-II?

Has AESA and IRST been confirmed for Blk-II?

More or less, but MK2 here can mean the first 40 with new engine but puls doppler MMR, while the later 40 with new engine and AESA. Could be similar to what the Chinese do now with J10B and C, basically one upgrade, while the latter adds some more capabilities, by replacing the stop gaps.

More or less, but MK2 here can mean the first 40 with new engine but puls doppler MMR, while the later 40 with new engine and AESA. Could be similar to what the Chinese do now with J10B and C, basically one upgrade, while the latter adds some more capabilities, by replacing the stop gaps.

And Is India going solo for AESA development for MK2 or would partner with Israel?

And Is India going solo for AESA development for MK2 or would partner with Israel?

So far yes, there were reports about a competition for a partner, but nothing happend on that. Israel can only offer limited help, since their AESA radar includes US techs, which can't be shared with India so far.

So far yes, there were reports about a competition for a partner, but nothing happend on that. Israel can only offer limited help, since their AESA radar includes US techs, which can't be shared with India so far.

What happened to miniaturizing AESA tech from AWACS? I read somewhere DRDO were intent to follow this path?

What happened to miniaturizing AESA tech from AWACS? I read somewhere DRDO were intent to follow this path?

That's what they are doing, but it needs to be seen how that will work out and how mature the radar would be.

Isn't an old story? since f 16 and f 18 is out from mmrca, 2052 aesa is available for us now imo.

That's what they are doing, but it needs to be seen how that will work out and how mature the radar would be.
Can't they use Rafale's AESA considering we will be using it large numbers? So there will be commonality, or is it impossible due to dimensions of Tejas?

Your all prediction were proven to be correct,Next time try to write something positive. :D

I started a thread regarding south koreans making an aesa prototype for their fighter programme last year.

We discussed indian aesa(airborne x-band)in that thread and as @Dillinger has already pointed out the trm of indigenous aesa will be produced outside as we have no production facilities,if at all we use aesa designed by us.

We need to be realistic here man,we could not develop a simple pulse doppler mmr on our own and got 2032 instead.

I started a thread regarding south koreans making an aesa prototype for their fighter programme last year.

We discussed indian aesa(airborne x-band)in that thread and as @Dillinger has already pointed out the trm of indigenous aesa will be produced outside as we have no production facilities,if at all we use aesa designed by us.

We need to be realistic here man,we could not develop a simple pulse doppler mmr on our own and got 2032 instead.
Give links of that thread.I would want to know more about AESA radar.And yeah we need to be more realistic.

Give links of that thread.I would want to know more about AESA radar.And yeah we need to be more realistic.
South korean solid state s band aesa for kf-x project

It was something like this,check in my list of topics,am using mobile app currently so its diff to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom