What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...on expected lines. Do you know the full form of DRDO? Research and development....yes this is done if you have previos industrial capability. You just can not imitate the LM, Boeing, that bus is long missed, you need strong state intervention to catch the bus then the final product, if succesful, private firms can step in and take over.

Just imagine any private company developing ARJUN for 30 years with their own money and their users are not satisfied with end product....!!!

I agree, that its late. But its not too late. Companies like Tata, Reliance, Infosys etc have the capability to enter the defence market. They might not be able to produce a complete system (like a tank or aircraft) on their own, but they can produce subsystems. This will provide healthy competition to DRDO and take pressure off DRDO, since they wont hav to do everything on their own.

Once private frims enter the defence sector, DRDO will naturally improve due to competition, even if DRDO is not privatised. Once DRDO improves a bit, private companies will be willing to take over DRDO

I agree, that its late. But its not too late. Companies like Tata, Reliance, Infosys etc have the capability to enter the defence market. They might not be able to produce a complete system (like a tank or aircraft) on their own, but they can produce subsystems. This will provide healthy competition to DRDO and take pressure off DRDO, since they wont hav to do everything on their own.
Tata, Reliance and Infosys... the leading lights of private enterprise capable of R&D? Could you point me a single engineering innovation from any of the three companies.
  • Tata marketing brand at its best
  • Reliance ... at best a good manager and the worst example of political and buracraccy criminal nexus
  • Infosys... a glorified labourer supplier and sweat shop.
Once private frims enter the defence sector, DRDO will naturally improve due to competition, even if DRDO is not privatised. Once DRDO improves a bit, private companies will be willing to take over DRDO

What can I comment on this..... shows your mental makeup.

Tata, Reliance and Infosys... the leading lights of private enterprise capable of R&D? Could you point me a single engineering innovation from any of the three companies.
  • Reliance ... at best a good manager and the worst example of political and buracraccy criminal nexus

They might not be engineering innovators, but these are companies who have rose, not only in India but in the global market, thanks to their efficiency. They are capable of restructuring DRDO (if they take over DRDO). If they start their own defence companies, they are capable hiring top of the line scientists and paying them well.

And whats that supposed to mean? I dont find anything wrong with the statement. You are talking as if private companies will never take over DRDO

I asked for reporters, who have reported on defence matters honestly according to you people. I know every one listed above is considered idiot/lifafa what not by you people, coz they ask probing question and bring the worshipping diety of DRDO down.

But where is the list of knwledgeable, honest reporters.

Probing question? yeah right like what? Why Prithvi is not a PGM or why Torsion bar on Arjun is leaking?

Probing question? yeah right like what? Why Prithvi is not a PGM or why Torsion bar on Arjun is leaking?

Beating behind bushes? So no one defence reporter measure up, what a pity! All the indian reporters are bafoons and idiots....hun:yahoo:

I asked for reporters, who have reported on defence matters honestly according to you people. I know every one listed above is considered idiot/lifafa what not by you people, coz they ask probing question and bring the worshipping diety of DRDO down.

But where is the list of knwledgeable, honest reporters.

we have great guys like

1) Siva Govindasamy
2 ) T.R. Ramachandran
3 ) vikramjit sing chopra
4) Jyotirmoy chaudhuri
5 ) Pushpindar singh

i bet you have never heard them ,we have some good reporters and some mirch masala bollywood type of writers who have only one aim of sensationalizing a issue ,people like me follow this writers and people like you like reading what this lifafa writers have to write , thats the difference :hitwall::hitwall:

why not ???

Tata have been building trucks and heavy vehicles all their life ,they even supply Armour ed Trucks to Indian army then if given a Task why cannot built some armored vehicles and bullet proof vehicles for the Armed forces ??

Infosys are one of leading software giant in world and future war will be fought with high tech weaponry they can sure write programs and softwares for aircrafts and secure communications

Larsen & Turbo (PVT company) have already helped in construction of Naval Ships and Missiles launcher and already have shown interest in ship building and subs for indian navy in future

Reliance does seemed to have shown any interest in defence unless they want to provide secure communications systems to the armed forces

TATA Motors To Step Into Armoured Vehicles Production

Poised to storm the passenger car segment with its Rs 1-lakh people's car, Tata Motors is readying for more muscular offerings. The company has started a programme for the production of armoured vehicles for Indian and global military markets.

Based on its existing truck and utility vehicle platforms, Tata Motors aims to produce armoured vehicles for troops and personnel transportation. As in any defence production, Tata Motors, too, is keeping the programme under wraps, including numbers and investments.

But, sources say that, as an existing supplier of trucks for the military, Tata Motors' entry into the armoured vehicle segment was a logical move to be part of the Indian government's efforts to broadbase defence procurement from the private sector as also tap the burgeoning demand internationally.

A Tata Motor spokesperson said that a commercial programme for armoured vehicles had been initiated, but it was too premature to disclose the specifics.

Though it could not be confirmed, industry sources indicated that Tata Motors could be working with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), since future supplies will, in any case, have to be certified by DRDO before firm orders are executed.

Significantly, the DRDO which, till now, only funded public sector enterprise for R&D for defence production, has relaxed norms by setting aside a corpus to fund the private sector as well.

Tata Motors sources said that while significant in-house research has already been done on the armoured vehicle technology, the company�s existing and future truck platforms would be the framework for entering the defence market.

It is likely that the Novus truck, developed by Tata Motors� Korean acquisition � Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Limited (TDCV) � will be developed as an armoured troop carrier. Tata Motors and TDVC are also jointly collaborating to unveil a �global truck� in 2008, which, too, could be extended for the production of armoured vehicles.

Automobile industry sources said that the Tata Motors initiative to extend its presence in military supplies should be viewed against the backdrop of the Indian government�s recent policy initiatives to increase defence procurement from the private sector.

While the shopping bill of the Indian armed forces in 2007-12 is estimated at $100 billion, the government has even allowed 26% foreign direct investment (FDI) in joint ventures for defence production.

Recently, Union defence minister A K Antony urged the Indian private sector to take advantage of the �30% offset clause�, under which any foreign vendor will have to invest 30% of order value for the co-production or purchase agreement with an Indian defence producer.

Pinaka have taken a lot of contribution from the private sector. Larsen and Toubro (L&T) ltd. claim credit for building the 2-axis DC servo drive for the Pinaka while TATA Advanced Materials Ltd. (TAML) have developed launcher tubes and containers for the rockets and missiles. TATA Power's Strategic Electronics Division (SED) also developed the prototype Pinaka launcher which underwent extensive user field trials.

9f3f2b87e0d85c1f95d58fea5fc219b4.jpg

full size mockup of the WM-18 Naval Rocket Launcher, built by L&T. This weapon system is for use aboard Landing Ship Tank (LST) warships to facilitate beach clearing operations. The whole system comprises of port and starboard launchers capable of firing 18 rockets in single launch or salvo mode. The electro-hydraulically operated launchers are slaved to a Director designation sight and controlled from a remote console. A two axis servo stabilized system compensates for ship roll and pitch motion

Beating behind bushes? So no one defence reporter measure up, what a pity! All the indian reporters are bafoons and idiots....hun:yahoo:

There are better writers,but then I dont think it is even worth pointing you to those writers and their reports. I suggest you better stick with the reports brought out by these bafoons and idiots.

If you start reading good reports,how are you gonna put stupid smiles or make nonsense comments within your posts. If you start posting knowledgeable posts,we will all miss the entertainment which you currently provide.

There are better writers,but then I dont think it is even worth pointing you to those writers and their reports. I suggest you better stick with the reports brought out by these bafoons and idiots.

Seems to the point...Indian reporters..

"Don't sell us trash"

The Indian Air Force says that it is being forced to accept sub-standard equipment that will hamper its fighting capabilities. The Air Force has accused Bharat Electronics Limited - a Defence Ministry owned unit of trying to sell it sub-standard electronic warfare equipment.

The Air Force says equipment proposed by BEL does not meet its requirements but it is being forced to accept it in the name of indigenous development.

BEL is pushing to supply the Air Force two critical systems: a ground based mobile electronic intelligence gathering system and the communication cum electronic counter measures system. These systems are crucial for the Air Force's fighting capabilities.

When BEL did not come up to the mark, the Air Force looked at buying similar equipment from Israel and Spain but that didn’t work out. Now the BEL says it can make the same equipment with foreign help and is trying to force the Air Force to buy these weapon systems.

TIMES NOW has a copy of a hard-hitting letter written by the man in charge of acquisitions in the Air Force, Air Marshall Mak Browne.

Air Marshall NAK Browne has written a strong letter to the BEL chairman, Mr VVR Shastri, accusing him of coming in the way of providing good firepower to the Air Force.

Air Marshal Browne says, “...such badgering is "in fructuous" and they "serve no purpose except to vitiate the environment and retard the procurement process thus delaying the acquisitions which would have provided better operational capability.”

Defence Ministry reacted to these reports, Ministry official, KP Singh said, “There is always a tussle between a producer and a user. If BEL wouldn’t have been producing them we would have always bought the equipment from abroad. These are complicated systems and I am sure BEL is trying to improve their system, give them some time to improve their system:woot:

Well well ...seems all the wrong news is coming at rights time in the face of apologists..:lol: I don't know what excuse these apologist have for the Air Marshal....Lifafa anyone?

Indian indegenous defence industry is not 100% ready yet. what we need to do is do more JVs with israel and russia, get the bases of the technology, and then produce indegenous equipment.

There is a saying " one who learns from own mistake is intelligent, the one who learns from others mistake is Wise"

Take your meaning...

IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY NOW, THE HORRIBLE SHOW CONTINUES

The Hindu : National : Panel finalises partner for co-developing Kaveri engine
BANGALORE: After a two-year exercise, the K.V.L. Rao Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) that was constituted to decide who should join the Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) in co-developing the indigenously Kaveri combat aircraft engine, has finally made up its mind. The co-developed Kaveri engine is expected to power the indigenously designed Light Combat Aircraft Tejas.

But the TEC’s decision could turn superfluous since the end user of the Kaveri engine, the Indian Air Force (IAF), has indicated that the parameters specified by the GTRE in the request for proposal (RFPs) sent out to two global engine houses were not synchronous with Air Staff Requirements (ASRs). The user’s stand is that an engine co-developed with these parameters and engine specifications (especially thrust) is not acceptable since there will be serious shortfalls in performance and operational viability.

The IAF’s stand indicates that it will like the GTRE to go in for a fresh RFP, factor in problems such as the near two-tonne increase in the Tejas’ weight, incorporate specifications that are in tune with ASRs (including choosing the right thrust), invite afresh global engine houses and then choose a partner, who will help develop an indigenous engine. Even while admitting that sending a new RFP would further delay the choosing of a partner, sources said that a “small” delay was preferable to the long term effects of the IAF flying an aircraft with an under powered engine.

The GTRE, a Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) laboratory that since 1987 has been trying in vain to develop a combat engine (Kaveri), threw up their hands in 2005 and put out an RFP calling for help. But with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) which will manufacture the Kaveri expressing a desire to have issues that would come up during the production phase addressed, the RFP had to be re-tendered.

Sources also told The Hindu that the stalemate over the Kaveri stemmed from the fact that the user (IAF) was not a part of the committee that finalised the RFP.

Summary: the LCA aka Last Chance Aircraft also known as Light combat aircraft Alias "Indigenous aircraft" urf 40% composite by weight and 90% by surface area aircraft in other word indigenous FCS aircraft has officially gone overweight by TWO tons. and yeah this calls for a small delay of few years.

Summary: the LCA aka Last Chance Aircraft also known as Light combat aircraft Alias "Indigenous aircraft" urf 40% composite by weight and 90% by surface area aircraft in other word indigenous FCS aircraft has officially gone overweight by TWO tons. and yeah this calls for a small delay of few years.

Yes Mr.Expert . When you add weapons on the aircraft it will increase the overall weight of the aircraft.More than 2 tonnes.
Unless you expect fighter to fly without the weapons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom