What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rightly said:

Those who do ask such questions are national traitors without a shred of respect. Those who don't are happy allowing both HAL and DRDO to blame the air force, assuming no measure of the blame. This is something that must end

Rightly said:

Those who do ask such questions are national traitors without a shred of respect. Those who don't are happy allowing both HAL and DRDO to blame the air force, assuming no measure of the blame. This is something that must end

Please.... there have been hundreds of reports blaming DRDO for everything that happens in India but I have yet to see DRDO hitting back saying these people are traitors.

You are taking comments for a guy who complained that DRDO was useless becoz they could not make Prithvi, a BM into a PGM! He was expecting to convert a 3-4 tonne missile to be a PGM. He happily reported that during the recent excerise Arjun has a failure of torsion bar! Someone later had to enlighten him that Arjun does not have torsion bar suspension.

He is just giving excuses to rack up an issue to show he is "concerned" about India's defence preparedness. Read his blog report about LCA once again. He is expecting the weapon testing should have been done 3 years ago. i,e just 3 years just after LCA's first flight. Please show me which aircraft has had it's weapon testing carried out within 3 years of it's first flight.And he is expecting India which has not had a full fledged aircraft development for more than 3 decades to do it. Amazing!

I would suggest you to refer articles by good source rather than from reporters who have opinion about every defence development program in India without even knowing the difference b/w a BM & PGM!

If he is a moron, as you are making out, he would not be earning his bread through defence reporting.

Honestly tell me a name of "Indian" journalist that anybody here approve of or his reporting. There is limit to hypocracy and namecalling.

well we have lot of defence journalist who have solid evidence to back up their claim ,

We in Indian defence circle don't give much air to reports from following so called defence journalists

1) Ravi sharma
2) vishal tapar
3) ajay shukla
4) sen gupta
5 ) Shiv Aroor

What is wrong in criticising DRDO ? They are definately not delivering on time and quality wise. No where in the long run has the Govt run Defence Manufacturing and come up with timely products. In the end the French Govt had to give up control of Thales or for that matter UK over BAE systems. The private sector must get involved.

I am happy the Indian journalist have the guts to stand up and ask hard questions.

Regards

well we have lot of defence journalist who have solid evidence to back up their claim ,

We in Indian defence circle don't give much air to reports from following so called defence journalists

1) Ravi sharma
2) vishal tapar
3) ajay shukla
4) sen gupta
5 ) Shiv Aroor

What about our favourite "Rajat Pandit" of TOI?

What is wrong in criticising DRDO ? They are definately not delivering on time and quality wise. No where in the long run has the Govt run Defence Manufacturing and come up with timely products. In the end the French Govt had to give up control of Thales or for that matter UK over BAE systems. The private sector must get involved.

I am happy the Indian journalist have the guts to stand up and ask hard questions.

Regards

There is nothing wrong in criticising DRDO.It should be criticize,given the fact that it is a govt institution and unless kept on toes they will never deliver.
However the term "criticize" is important.
The reports by some of the Indian Defence reporters are nothing but pure ranting without even knowing why/what/how things are done.

How do you expect a reporter to criticise DRDO when he expects DRDO to convert a BM missile into PGM? When I happen ask this reporter on this subject,he replied that it was mentioned by a MOD chap! So all he was doing was writing what he heard.
Any criticism to be taken serious needs that the complains should be backed with knowledge about which things are done as it is done,talk to people on both side of the coin and then point out the issues. A reporter following these steps will I dare say suggest better ways of doing things,which a read expects.

Unfortunately all these reporters do is write with the sole objective of spicing up their report. Nothing else.

There is nothing wrong in criticising DRDO.It should be criticize,given the fact that it is a govt institution and unless kept on toes they will never deliver.
However the term "criticize" is important.
The reports by some of the Indian Defence reporters are nothing but pure ranting without even knowing why/what/how things are done.

How do you expect a reporter to criticise DRDO when he expects DRDO to convert a BM missile into PGM? When I happen ask this reporter on this subject,he replied that it was mentioned by a MOD chap! So all he was doing was writing what he heard.
Any criticism to be taken serious needs that the complains should be backed with knowledge about which things are done as it is done,talk to people on both side of the coin and then point out the issues. A reporter following these steps will I dare say suggest better ways of doing things,which a read expects.

Unfortunately all these reporters do is write with the sole objective of spicing up their report. Nothing else.

I agree but I have also read several articles by senior retired Forces officers which state that DRDO do not have very accurate internal audit systems so they do get away with a lot of inefficiencies.

I agree but I have also read several articles by senior retired Forces officers which state that DRDO do not have very accurate internal audit systems so they do get away with a lot of inefficiencies.

Yes,as I said it is a government institution. It has lot of issues,one of them which you have mentioned.You generally read these details from retired officers as they have had interaction with DRDO and know what is missing and what is needed.
These writers generally give a balanced view of things with the objective of trying to explain to the readers the issue,the cause and possible resolution.

Fortunately issues like these have so much noise that the DRDO is been treated as a spoiled kid by the govt(compared to other organization it has been giving out way better results) and changes has been proposed and put in place.

What DRDO requires is such writers,to make it a better org.

1) Ravi sharma
2) vishal tapar
3) ajay shukla
4) sen gupta
5 ) Shiv Aroor

I asked for reporters, who have reported on defence matters honestly according to you people. I know every one listed above is considered idiot/lifafa what not by you people, coz they ask probing question and bring the worshipping diety of DRDO down.

But where is the list of knwledgeable, honest reporters.

Yes,as I said it is a government institution. It has lot of issues,one of them which you have mentioned.You generally read these details from retired officers as they have had interaction with DRDO and know what is missing and what is needed.
These writers generally give a balanced view of things with the objective of trying to explain to the readers the issue,the cause and possible resolution.

Fortunately issues like these have so much noise that the DRDO is been treated as a spoiled kid by the govt(compared to other organization it has been giving out way better results) and changes has been proposed and put in place.

What DRDO requires is such writers,to make it a better org.

What DRDO requires is privatisation. Privatise DRDO, then allow other private firms to enter the defence sector. This will increase efficiency of Indian indegenous defence efforts

Hope you understand what you are saying!

Privitise DRDO ...ahm!:crazy:

Hope you understand what you are saying!

Privitise DRDO ...ahm!:crazy:

Why? Whats the problem? Private defence firms tend to do much better than state-owned ones. Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Thales Group and Elbit Systems are good examples of quality private defence firms.

As long as the state prevents private frims from selling to enemy nations, there's no harm in privatising the defence sector

Actually su-47.. I think thats what IAF ACM plans to do, or at least concerned with. India of course would do better with lots of private defence sectors competing with each other, currently it may not be able to do so, because it is yet not comprehensive enough. As the state defence industry continues to grow, it will naturally privatize, and that i am sure decision makers will look into, and execute it well.

Why? Whats the problem? Private defence firms tend to do much better than state-owned ones. Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Thales Group and Elbit Systems are good examples of quality private defence firms.

As long as the state prevents private frims from selling to enemy nations, there's no harm in privatising the defence sector

Well...on expected lines. Do you know the full form of DRDO? Research and development....yes this is done if you have previos industrial capability. You just can not imitate the LM, Boeing, that bus is long missed, you need strong state intervention to catch the bus then the final product, if succesful, private firms can step in and take over.

Just imagine any private company developing ARJUN for 30 years with their own money and their users are not satisfied with end product....!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom