What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well they are nt..do you hav any official claim frm PAF or any govt wher they said that jf-17 and mirages re same

liek your official said.compaing it with mig 21 bison

this is a insult to lca.

do u have any link who proof ur word. but if u compare the jf-17 and hal tejas it seem that tejas is much better than jf-17.

Performance: HAL TEJAS 4.5 generation aircraft
Maximum speed: Mach 2+ (2,376+ km/h at high altitude) at 15,000 m
Range: 3000 km (1,840 mi (without refueling))
Service ceiling: 16,500 m (54,000 ft (engine re-igniter safely capable))
Wing loading: 221.4 kg/m² (45.35 lb/ft²)
Thrust/weight: 1.02
Internal fuel capacity: 3000 liters
External fuel capacity: 5×800 liter tanks or 3×1,200 liter tanks, totaling 4,000/3,600 liters

Performance JF-17 4th generation Aircraft
Maximum speed: Mach 1.8 (1,191 knots, 2,205 kph)
Combat radius: 1,352 km (840 mi)
Ferry range: 3,000 km(2,175 mi)
Service ceiling: 16,700 m (54,790 ft)
Thrust/weight: 0.99
Internal Fuel Capacity: 2300 kg (5,130 lb)
external fuel Up to 3 drop tanks (1× under-fuselage 800 litres, 2× under-wing 800/1100 litres each) for extended range/loitering time

HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^ please add radar also in the comparison

well dude i dnt want to banned again

but for your knowledge mk2 version of LCA gonna outperform our MKIs

what is the basic difference between LCA MK1 and MK2

engine with 10Kn more thrust and AEAS.

Ask the test pilots who flew Tejas......simple.

Here everyone is confusing with the acceleration with top speed.

The acceleration with GE 404 engine is well known and falling short of India Airforce expectation. This was well known for years thats why they are going for different engine. Remember competition between GE 414 and Eurojet 200.

It is nothing like that sky as fallen yesterday. This acceleration issue was there since beginning.

Now compare the acceleartion of Gripen with GE 404 with that of Tejas.

If GE 404 acceleration is so good and claimed by some member here that it provides supercruise then why everyone has shifted to GE 414.

do u have any link who proof ur word. but if u compare the jf-17 and hal tejas it seem that tejas is much better than jf-17.

Performance: HAL TEJAS 4.5 generation aircraft
Maximum speed: Mach 2+ (2,376+ km/h at high altitude) at 15,000 m
Range: 3000 km (1,840 mi (without refueling))
Service ceiling: 16,500 m (54,000 ft (engine re-igniter safely capable))
Wing loading: 221.4 kg/m² (45.35 lb/ft²)
Thrust/weight: 1.02
Internal fuel capacity: 3000 liters
External fuel capacity: 5×800 liter tanks or 3×1,200 liter tanks, totaling 4,000/3,600 liters

Performance JF-17 4th generation Aircraft
Maximum speed: Mach 1.8 (1,191 knots, 2,205 kph)
Combat radius: 1,352 km (840 mi)
Ferry range: 3,000 km(2,175 mi)
Service ceiling: 16,700 m (54,790 ft)
Thrust/weight: 0.99
Internal Fuel Capacity: 2300 kg (5,130 lb)
external fuel Up to 3 drop tanks (1× under-fuselage 800 litres, 2× under-wing 800/1100 litres each) for extended range/loitering time

HAL Tejas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First of all frm wher did you get that the current Lca Mk1 is 4.5th generation.and it has 2. mach speed when in the recent test your own official claim that it speed didnt even reached the 1.8mach.
Jf-17 with current airframe which is heavy compare to LCA compsite made airframe has 1.8mach speed imagine jf-17 with 100KN engine and greater use of compsite material how much speed would jf-17 hav,,it will be above 2.0 mach for sure.
and about radar it is nt yet confirmed that the current jf-17 use klj-7 or klj-10
KLJ-10 is comparable or even better then the israel 20/32 while KLJ-7 is little inferior

by the time your LCA drop into full scale production we will hav the Jf-17 block II

Tejas boosts test programme

This is to discuss the performance shortfall of LCA.

What do Air Marshal mean by does not fly as fast. 1.8 Mach:undecided:

Whats problem with acceleration?

Is it engine, but the same engine is in Gripen supercruising:what:

Is the airframe that much draggier that acceleration and flying fast is inhibited??

IF these two are correct, then what is a fighter?? You can as well lugg the missile and gun on a trainer or a transport aircraft.:what:

Seriously WTF is wrong with LCA??

LCA falls short of everything.

The Air Marshal wants LCA to fly Mach 3

The GE 404 engine is the most advanced jet engine ever developed. It is way ahead in generation compared to GE 414 and Eurojet 2000.
Why LCA is not fast enough with this ultra modern engine is that

The LCA design is obsolute WW I a la Wright Brothers'
The LCA body is made up of cast iron. So it is the heaviest fighter.
Forget the drag from airframe, LCA has to be towed by Boeing 737 with a rope so as gain speed to atleat glide.

All those photos and videos of LCA flying sometimes with weapons are just mockups and photoshopped.

LCA is not a fighter it is just a glider. Thats why we have decide to hang our missiles and guns on Airbus A 380 Supejumbo. See our missiles and guns are too heavy.

So what is wrong with LCA? Notthing is right with LCA.

LCA is just a glider towed by Boeing 737.

Thats it.

well they are nt..do you hav any official claim frm PAF or any govt wher they said that jf-17 and mirages re same

liek your official said.compaing it with mig 21 bison

this is a insult to lca.
Can you just tell me which old A/c replace by Jf-17 you will get your Answer why IAF or indian media compare LCA with Mig-21 (any variant)

. . . . . . . . . . . . , .

Last edited:
@vasiley,

There is a site called youtube which has enough videos to crush ur photoshop phobia.

Some time back even arjun was a 'junk' before it beat the T90.

Let IOC occour and a comparative trials take place.. Before that we can continue trolling n wasting bandwidth as we have done with arjun, agni ....

PS : do change ur country flag.. I known indian flag is awesome but.. Having ur own flag is truely a respect to ur country.

@ Xinix ,

Please read my earlier post also it will clear doubts as to who I am.

If you don't understand sarcasm then thats your problem.

And my flag and my country belongs to me. Its none of your business to tell me.

If the enemy thinks our tank Arjun is Junk, LCA is slow and Agni is failure then its better to let them think so. Thats why I posted a sarcastic argument.

If the other guy is hell bent on proving LCA is slow then don't try to correct him after you have proved him otherwise.

Instead say that LCA is slower that will satisfy him to keep him shut and thus we can save our precious bandwidth.

First of all frm wher did you get that the current Lca Mk1 is 4.5th generation.and it has 2. mach speed when in the recent test your own official claim that it speed didnt even reached the 1.8mach.
Jf-17 with current airframe which is heavy compare to LCA compsite made airframe has 1.8mach speed imagine jf-17 with 100KN engine and greater use of compsite material how much speed would jf-17 hav,,it will be above 2.0 mach for sure.
and about radar it is nt yet confirmed that the current jf-17 use klj-7 or klj-10
KLJ-10 is comparable or even better then the israel 20/32 while KLJ-7 is little inferior

by the time your LCA drop into full scale production we will hav the Jf-17 block II

first all data taken from famous website wikipedia.com, it's not my personal opinion. lca is still under development bcoz indian airforce prefer quality not quantity that's why drdo trying to make it best. jf-17 is good but average aircraft that's why chinese airforce rejected it and they have already lot of mig-21 type aircraft they don't want any more.

I agree with this point with you i think Mk-1 has Top speed around 1.6 or 1.8 M

Come on guy talk real not imagine if I imagine in LCA then we got ge414 epe engine which has around 115-120Kn. DRDO AESA or if it not complete in time then may be from MRCA chosen fighter AESA may be fitted in the LCA also.

you are not sure which radar currently use in JF-17 but LCA has MMR (hybrid) radar with the el-2032 processor (I dnt know what exact detail Plz some senior indian member give this detail).

Plz provide me some source or detail about this radar.

^^^ please add radar also in the comparison

sorry i have no lot of information about radar of both aircraft. but i listen that tejas radar is two time better then jf-17 radar. please any one here to provide some additional and correct(not biased) information about radar.

i got some information about lca radar:

The EL/M-2032 radar used in LSP-3 has a detection and tracking range of up to 150 km in air-to-air mode, the air-to-ground mode generates high resolution radar imagery of locations at up to 150 km, and air-to-sea mode can detect and classify naval targets at ranges of up to 300 km.

but not found any information about jf-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom