What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

That FB page is quite dithyrambic to my known liking
and that amount of pics is close to spamming but . . .
the basic idea is right
Perhaps it's tone is just what is needed to break through to the hard headed critics who are busy comparing the LCA to the Gripen NG/Rafale/F-22/Starship Enterprise and then berating the ADA/MoD for continuing with the effort when it comes up short!

View attachment 325234

@Abingdonboy @Ankit Kumar 002 @anant_s @MilSpec @SpArK @Taygibay @zebra7 @all others

SAAB Game over in Parliament -- Official Confirmation

I don't know how many people have read the fine print here. They plan to induct 8 LCAs a year only. That's disappointing. So we will have two squadrons over the next 5 years.

Where are the people who were talking about a second LCA line?

Dont think there is much substance in another Single engine fighter.

That's something else and this is something else. Saab is still in the race for the single engine competition. Along with the F-16 and LSA.

Perhaps it's tone is just what is needed to break through to the hard headed critics who are busy comparing the LCA to the Gripen NG/Rafale/F-22/Starship Enterprise and then berating the ADA/MoD for continuing with the effort when it comes up short!

Such people don't even deserve a reply.

I don't know how many people have read the fine print here. They plan to induct 8 LCAs a year only. That's disappointing. So we will have two squadrons over the next 5 years.

Where are the people who were talking about a second LCA line?

13575719_1113111028731847_4237047409317622534_o.jpg

Official Production & Induction Plan

That's with 16/year from 2017 onwards. Parrikar said they will get 20 jets only by 2018 end. And 20 more jets from 2019 onwards. So in the 2019-20 period, we will only have about 30 jets, not 50+.

Go by what Parrikar said, not what the graph says.

Truth be told, the current production plan is really tragic. Alot of resources needs to be mobilized for this production plan to actually work out. Just to point out a variation from the picture, the 20th aircraft is now set to join in 2019 and not 2018 as previously planned. And Mk-1A is planned for 2020, but highly unlikely. Maybe we really need foreign help in production line streamlining, from the pics I have seen of the current production line, it is unlikely to churn out 16 jets a year even with expanded infrastructure. I urge everyone to research a bit on advanced production line and compare it with what HAL is trying to work out. It is really not designed for fast production.
376082_182805861813870_1492759011_n.jpg
384518_182806115147178_429971459_n.jpg

P.S: I am not blaming HAL, I am just saying we need to get our basics right and adopt international production standards. If the production line is streamlined, do we really need another foreign single engine fighter? Yes, there may be better light aircraft in market, but why do u need a highly advanced light fighter in urgency? We call it light because we don't need them on the front-line yes? They are going to be the workhorses during peace time operations which is honestly pretty much the future. Smaller countries with a tight economy needs such advanced light aircraft to serve as their front-line jets while keeping costs down, but is it same for India with an envisioned fleet of over 300 heavy aircraft? If assembling foreign jets was the way to go, maybe our decision to producing Migs instead of Indigenous would have made us an aviation hub. But did it? I'm personally against any other single jet entering the Indian market, even if we end up with 2 types of twin-jets. Nd not because of cutting costs, but it is high-time we really stopped this short visioned initiatives and really had a vision for the long term future.

F-35-JSF-factory-2.jpg
20160424090742302.jpg
inside1_1448782245.jpg
60460f000146.jpg
22.jpg

Good day to all!

Last edited:
guys,,,can anyone confirm,,,,according to my source:
-tejas might not achieve foc even in march'17
-no real work done on mk1a as of yet,,,realistic dates arnd 2025 n beyond
-mk2 already rejected
-LSA is a forum fantasy

-mk2 already rejected
-LSA is a forum fantasy

Answer from my knowledge:

- march'17 is doubtful, but 2017 calendar year is achievable.
- Mk1A is being designed, however promised first flight on 2018 and delivery by 2020 seems to be a bit tight.
- Mk2 will fly as a naval variant first and if no foreign light fighter is chosen, IAF will place orders accordingly.
- LSA - Don't wish to comment on it unless it becomes official.

Good Day!

-mk2 already rejected
-LSA is a forum fantasy
IFR and Canon integration will be done before that. Anything else left in FOC ? If not then FOC will be done by the first quarter.

The only work on MK1A done as of now is that if it happens , it will be known as MK1A. There are a few airframe refinements coming to slightly get it better at low levels... and they say by the end of this fiscal that should be finalised.

Mk2, see if we see a GE414 deal before this December , MK2 for Navy sure and at a later stage for IAF.

LSA ?

Well I don't really know what to say , the closest thing I ever heard was a private sector entity going to the MoD with an offer to build a Light Next Generation Aircraft by 2019 in India , of course with collaboration with a foreign company... ( you can pretty much guess it here ) , but its not there as of now.

FOC trails have been underway for months now, March 2017 but can be disrupted if unforseen technical issues arise. All we can do is wait and see.

MK.1A has been worked on quite heavily in the past 18 months, 2019 is a more realistic date for first flight with it entering service in 2021.

-mk2 already rejected
Not exactly, the IN are 100% commited to the Mk.2, the IAF haven't made up their mind either way, they want to see the MK.1/A's performance before making the call.

Back
Top Bottom