What's new

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 THUNDER (FC-1/ Super-7)

th_P7240105.JPG

Type: Single seat Multi-role Day/Night all weather light weight Fighter

History:

The origins of Super-7 programme can be traced back to the early 1980s, when Pakistan was looking for a new fighter to replace the F-6. The PAF initiated project Sabre II, to upgrade the Chengdu F-7M with a Western engine and Avionics. In January 1987, Grumman Aerospace of US was selected as the main contractor and several other western companies competed to provide the engine and avionics. However, by 1989 the project costs had escalated and the project was deemed a high financial risk by the PAF. In addition, the Chinese relations with the West broke down following the Tiananmen Square protest. Therefore the “Sabre II” project was cancelled. However, Chengdu continued it efforts to improve the F-7M airframe by re-designing air intakes on the sides of the fuselage etc. hence the name Super-7.

The PAF opted for a less ambitious option of acquiring the F-7P Skybolt, an upgraded version of the F-7M. The programme was to support the fleet of F-7P Skybolts with over a 100 F-16 Fighting Falcons.

In the meantime the US was frustrated with Pakistan 's refusal to stop its nuclear weapons development programme and in1990, US imposed military and economic sanctions under the Pressler amendments. This prevented the delivery of F-16s to the PAF, which Pakistan had already paid for.

The PAF was still looking for a modern and capable aircraft to replace the F-6. In February 1992 China Aero Technology Import Corporation invited the PAF to invest in the FC-1 programme, in return Pakistan would enjoy exclusive co-production rights. The PAF got Government approval in October1994 and Pakistan joined the FC-1 programme in1995. Pakistan was to select a Western company by the end of 1995 to provide and integrate the avionics for the FC-1. A letter of Intent (LOI) was signed between Pakistan and China in February 1998 covering airframe development, Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation was selected as primary contractor and Mikoyan Aero-Science Production Group of Russia was contracted to provide the Klimov RD-93 turbofan engine.

The design work progressed very slowly over the next 18 months due to the US and Western sanctions against Pakistan following Pakistan 's nuclear tests in May 1998. This also prevented delivery of any avionic systems to the PAF from Western companies.

In June 1999 Pakistan and China signed a joint development and production agreement to co-develop the FC-1 on a 50-50 partnership. As stated above the project was moving extremely slowly, until in 2001 when the PAF made a major decision to separate the development of the platform from the avionic systems. From that moment on the project started to make progress. It is worth remembering that separating the development of airframe from the avionic systems in 2001 was largely due to the visionary approach of the late Air Chief Marshall Mushaf Ali Mir.

Pakistan named the aircraft “Thunder” and gave it the designation “JF-17” (Joint Fighter 17). The JF-17 will replace the current and aging fleet of A-5s, F-7s and Mirages by 2015. With its multi-role all weather ability the JF-17 is suitable for land, sea and air operations.

Related Links:

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra

Last edited:
Its a Tejas thread and we are discussing J-17 a bit too much here. There is a dedicated thread for J-17 request you to take J-17 discussion there.

Ever since the Tejas achievced IOC MARK 2 and the indians posters started talking about unstable FCS full digital quaruplex FBW system on the TEJAS mached with USA general electeric engines and advanced israeli core elta radars amd jammers coupled with indian designed ew suites RWR and avionics.....,mated to russian israeli & future indian BVR missles like derby python and Astra

Our pakistan friends have taken over this thread.

It reached a climax when the indians confirmed a highly advanced LCA with so much western technology is only costing
$26 million each per tejass.

Ever since the JF17 bandwagon is on a roll telling how advanced this chinease technology built fighter is so modern.

But we need another thread for this i want to talk about TEJAS and the things above

lca111.JPG

I wonder where you get this shit from?

JF-17 is as agile as an F-16 ... yes no "unstable" design limitation... and one of the best dog fighter ever,,,

Lmao...ever heard of stuff like quadruplex..................?

Lmao.. 3.5 th gen,obsolete ? another brain fart...

Composite?block I :

View attachment 13682

Ever heard of KG300G>?

KLJ7V2 (A Pak-China development) ... yes better than the old KLJ7 ...... AESA,WS-13,serious upgrades,blocks comin your way:

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5] | Page 176

LCA is an awesome drawing board jet... with a radar range of 40-45 km among other awesome features.. :lol:

BTW this LCA thread.

A) Composite showing on JF-17 make a even school kid laugh.

B) show KG300G launching video or it only mock up display model like your previous missile tests. ? we know how PAK mility lies about their capability.

C) lol, 40-45 Km rage against which target?

D) Serious upgrade is also on the way in LCA also.....

BTW this LCA thread.

A) Composite showing on JF-17 make a even school kid laugh.

Lmao cool... It has no composite...:lol:
But whats with supa powa made LCA... Why does it weigh so much?
B) show KG300G launching video or it only mock up display model like your previous missile tests. ? we know how PAK mility lies about their capability.

:rofl: :rofl: here comes the expert who doesn't even know the difference between a pod and a missile.. :lol:

And Pak military lies about its capability? lmao.. kid they dnt even reveal stuff publically.. the examples.. are in hundreds... even the Pak-Chin new KLJV2 Radar.. MAR series,H-4,AR-100,AK-I,SD-10s... all confirmed years later in accidental pics,videos...etc etc :lol:

C) lol, 40-45 Km rage against which target?

Hahah... looks like you didn't read the news recently? :lol:

D) Serious upgrade is also on the way in LCA also.....

Oh cool.. induct it first.. :D

Pakistanis need to calm down we believe you about you DSI and other super manouvering JF17.

Now please can we go back to Tejas talk

Auz combat range means nothing if your build structure and flight control is dated and inferior.

Jf17 cut corners to keep cost down and get delivery quicker. You got a third generation and half fighter...at low cost.

For s air force like paf with bvery little money its good option.

Tejas is far superior. As we have all confirmed in most aspects..in technology terms

:lol:

Again, you are a child that doesn't have basic understanding of what he is uttering.

Kindly stop spamming...

JF-17 Thunder has inferior flight controls? how? :welcome:

JF-17 is a supremely successful project..more so than tejas..by long miles! Everyone, including senior professional members from india, know this.

Keep you rants to yourself and come back when you have actually an operational tejas squadron..(By then, PAF will have block 2 in its hands...)

IOC-2 is likely to last till 2015, still way too far to see induction in IAF and you are comparing it with an in service aircraft which is scramble ready. It would make more sense to compare the two when both are in service. I am being generous here.

IOC-2 is likely to last till 2015, still way too far to see induction in IAF and you are comparing it with an in service aircraft which is scramble ready. It would make more sense to compare the two when both are in service. I am being generous here.
IOC-2 is quite enough , IOC-2 means it can engage A2A and A2G targets , only BVR integration and more flying envelop remains to be tested . CAN JF-17 fore BVR missiles? any video of JF-17 Firing BVR missiles?

It take more sense to compare when someone can prove by showing in video / pic of doing same thing and not talking on paper and based on assumptions.

:lol:

Again, you are a child that doesn't have basic understanding of what he is uttering.

Kindly stop spamming...

JF-17 Thunder has inferior flight controls? how? :welcome:

JF-17 is a supremely successful project..more so than tejas..by long miles! Everyone, including senior professional members from india, know this.

Keep you rants to yourself and come back when you have actually an operational tejas squadron..(By then, PAF will have block 2 in its hands...)

goto JF-17 thread you will get the answer and stop trolling.....

Lmao cool... It has no composite...:lol:
But whats with supa powa made LCA... Why does it weigh so much?

Thats why its max takeoff weight and loaded weight much higher then JF-17, one can't explain same plane with same wight but have differed loaded weight and max take weight , so much huge........

:rofl: :rofl: here comes the expert who doesn't even know the difference between a pod and a missile.. :lol:
[/quote]
My mistake i thinking of CM-400AKG

And Pak military lies about its capability? lmao.. kid they dnt even reveal stuff publically.. the examples.. are in hundreds... even the Pak-Chin new KLJV2 Radar.. MAR series,H-4,AR-100,AK-I,SD-10s... all confirmed years later in accidental pics,videos...etc etc :lol:
yea but , JF-17 don't have any video of firing any missiles , ....

Hahah... looks like you didn't read the news recently? :lol:
he was referring to missile india is developing BVR which has range for 50-60 KM.

EL/M-2032 Radar has 100+ km range , check the Isreali company website.....

Oh cool.. induct it first.. :D

production started........ we have diff sets of standards ....

Thats why its max takeoff weight and loaded weight much higher then JF-17, one can't explain same plane with same wight but have differed loaded weight and max take weight , so much huge........

he was referring to missile india is developing BVR which has range for 50-60 KM.

production started........ we have diff sets of standards ....[/quote]

@DESERT FIGHTER

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is sad to see these kids hopelessly try. Their own project is a failure..its in garbage can...tejas aren't read even yet! while they just cling at straws when it comes JF-17 Thunder has now CLEARLY come out as a superior platform and even senior indian members have accepted this quite well and have told us to wait for Tejas mkII to see the 'real' comeptition..but these kids...

I feel pity on them.....

Epic fail...

lmao.
\

Yeah check the JF info thread first... ur making yourself look like a fool.

Lmao... :

Today we are getting a radar range of 45-50 km and we need to improve the same to 80-plus km

Tejas Needs to Cross 6 Milestones in 15 Months -The New Indian Express

production started........ we have diff sets of standards

Yeah and to reach them you need another 40 year to produce.

@DESERT FIGHTER

It is sad to see these kids hopelessly try. Their own project is a failure..its in garbage can...tejas aren't read even yet! while they just cling at straws when it comes JF-17 Thunder has now CLEARLY come out as a superior platform and even senior indian members have accepted this quite well and have told us to wait for Tejas mkII to see the 'real' comeptition..but these kids...

I feel pity on them.....

I feel pity , when asked about some serious question about JF-17 PAK people trying to hide behind it.

A) when inducted in PAF , JF-17 can't even fly in night. Indian proved by Indian seniors members in PDF and when proof that JF-17 can't fly in night , it got banned. lol

B) LCA -in FOC will have BVR missile firing capability, internal fuel probe etc while can't say about JF-17 when inducted they can't fire BVR and don't have internal fuel probe. for meeting Indian LCA FOC standard they have to make Bloc-2 and while LCA MK -2 is way ahead .

PAF members tried to proof hard that JF-17 is superior , and floated many theories, like countries interested in JF-17 etc etc and from last in 6-7 yrs only able to produce 50 planes...... what a laugh.....of a successful plane.

@DESERT FIGHTER

I feel pity on them.....[/quote]
well currently both LCA and JF-17s are very much comparable regarding their 'current' specifications. Currently Both lack medium range BVR missiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom