What's new

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see...

Designed by Russian's
Engines by Lockheed
Engine-parts from Canada.

yea great job designing an indigenous helicopter.. Can't even do that yourselves LOL.

Don't care, read what I wrote carefully. All F-16's have quadruplex FBW systems (you said they don't). And secondly I said it's a 30 year old capability which almost every fighter jet now a days has (including the Tejas apparently), so don't try and pass it off like it's some god-sent achievement that the Chinese have built. So again let me know when you guys can develop something like the F-15 ACTIVE had (called IFCS).

Does that mean the Indians can claim the Su-30MKI as their own even through the Russians designed and developed it but it's being manufactured in India?

WZ-10 and WZ-19 are Chinese developed. Where you heard anything about Russian? :p: WZ-10 is powered by Chinese developed WZ-9 turboshafts, not Canadian engines.

WZ-10 and WZ-19 are Chinese developed. Where you heard anything about Russian? :p: WZ-10 is powered by Chinese developed WZ-9 turboshafts, not Canadian engines.

It's all over the internet. If I could post links I would, but unfortunately I don't have the valid authorization to do so.

Just google the following headline (some excerpts copied and pasted as well):

"Kamov Reveals Involvement in China’s Z-10 Attack Helicopter"

"Mikheyev, who is also president of the Helicopter Industry Association of Russia, stated that in 1995 China asked Kamov to secretly undertake the basic design of an attack helicopter, which was known internally as Project 941."

"Western companies were involved in the development, with Eurocopter France committing in May 1997 to assist with the rotor system and AgustaWestland securing a contract in March 1999 to help with the transmission. Some reports suggested that at least prototype transmissions were supplied from Italy."

"The Z-10 has also been powered by the Russian Klimov VK2500 and Ukrainian Motor Sich TV3-117. The latter appears to be installed in current-production aircraft, and Motor Sich is reportedly assisting in the development of the indigenous WZ9 turboshaft that is ultimately intended to power the Z-10."

"The Z-10 was designed with a universal engine bay and the first five prototypes were powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-76C turboshafts."

Last edited:
It's all over the internet. If I could post links I would, but unfortunately I don't have the valid authorization to do so.

Just google the following headline:

"Kamov Reveals Involvement in China’s Z-10 Attack Helicopter"

hoax :yahoo: Kamov only makes counter rotating rotor helicopters, not single rotor helicopters like WZ-10.

hoax :yahoo: Kamov only makes counter rotating rotor helicopters, not single rotor helicopters like WZ-10.

Didn't know that the Kamov KA-60 was a counter rotating rotor helicopter. They must have put the wrong picture on their website. :lol:

Now I know why everyone calls you a 4-year old.

Still a hoax. Kamov was not contracted to develop WZ-10 in any way, shape or form.

Still a hoax. Kamov was not contracted to develop WZ-10 in any way, shape or form.

There are actual slides from KAMOV that show the early designs produced by Mikheyev, but you keep believing what you want. Can't really change a 4-year old's mind anyways, and frankly I don't care anymore. Point is, nothing the Chinese have created is of their own design. Everything is a copy and a cheap one at that.

There are actual slides from KAMOV that show the early designs produced by Mikheyev, but you keep believing what you want. Can't really change a 4-year old's mind anyways, and frankly I don't care anymore. Point is, nothing the Chinese have created is of their own design. Everything is a copy and a cheap one at that.

The Kamov guy was kidding. There are some who claim JF-17 developed from F-20 Tigershark sold to China in the 1980s. :p:

Last edited:
I agree with you there, it wasn't built from a F-20, but rather a reverse engineered F-16.

You are wrong. JF-17 traces its development from F-20 Tigershark sold to China in the 1980s. :p:

grumman_super_7_sabre_II_3_big.jpg

chengdu_grumman_super_7_1.jpg

Last edited:
um nop JF-17 does in fact trace its development to F-20 sold to China in the 1980s :p:

grumman_super_7_sabre_II_3_big.jpg

Thank you now please go tell your Pakistani friends that. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of this one.

Thank you now please go tell your Pakistani friends that. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of this one.

J-20 traces its development to F-35 sold to China by Bush. Your point being? :p:

Hey, remember to thank China for bringing down the Warsaw Pact and the USSR. :smitten:

We're still waiting for you guys to thank us for saving you guys from the Japanese..

Also, F-35 was sold to China which led to J-20 which is a big more advanced F-35.
J-20 traces its development to F-35 sold to China by Bush. Your point being? :p:

You mean stolen?

Top Official Admits F-35 Stealth Fighter Secrets Stolen « Breaking Defense - Defense industry news, analysis and commentary

We're still waiting for you guys to thank us for saving you guys from the Japanese..

Chinese and Japanese are 1 people. Why would Chinese thank Americans for saving? o_O

Why would China need to steal when Israel transfers it for free? :p: Israel will never allow America to be the top dog.

Report: Israel Passes U.S. Military Technology to China | Defense Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom