What's new

HAL Hands Over Tejas Jets To IAF

Here the concern is delays and time factor. There is a limit to testing anything. If it doesn't , there is something horribly wrong somewhere.
TRV profiles for a IAF Air Staff Hq/ DGQCA and HAL are quite different from what exists (or don't) in PAF and affiliated development agencies in pakistan, thus your difficulty in comprehending flight testing for evaluations and certifications for LCA is understandable.

TRV profiles for a IAF Air Staff Hq/ DGQCA and HAL are quite different from what exists (or don't) in PAF and affiliated development agencies in pakistan, thus your difficulty in comprehending flight testing for evaluations and certifications for LCA is understandable.

Sir ; What is TRV

Here the concern is delays and time factor. There is a limit to testing anything. If it doesn't , there is something horribly wrong somewhere.

Then I m afraid u r in bad hands.
--
true..
time is imp so limit for teseting..
but when you have freedom of time then you can.. yes it costed life of pilots in process ..
LCA was handled unprofessionaly bth by defence and govt.. but still it failures also tell us what we dont know which is imp for next level ..
--
as many said before
LCA will not be our bread and butter like you for jf .. as f16 not all are b60 and few are in Zarb ...looking all that
JF is your need ... LCA is option for us ..

@Dazzler

Regarding ARJUN Tanks there is a LOT of OBFUSCATION of facts

You will NEVER really know how many ARJUN Tanks we have

For example do you really believe that India has 3300 Tanks and 1.3 Million Soldiers
or that we dont have Artilerry guns

we DO NOT believe in disclosing our real strength

You are not interested in facts, so keep continuing your worthless banter....
The flight testing envelope is in a limited mode where flight parameters are not operated at full after burner, as far as the design of the airframe is concerned, your knowledge is zilch... so better keep to your strengths and keep yelling out your insecurities....

hehe... derby is obsolete... that tells quite a bit about you

So much Obsolete that IsAF wanted EL/2032 + Derby in their F-16 Sufas(deliveries began in 2004!!) instead of AN/APG-68 V(5) and Armraam. lol

So much Obsolete that IsAF wanted EL/2032 + Derby in their F-16 Sufas(deliveries began in 2004!!) instead of AN/APG-68 V(5) and Armraam. lol

Derby yes, elta nope, yanks don't love them that much. By the way, soufas have V9 NOT V5. And amraam is above anything in service in the world mate.

And who told you it never exceeded 22 Deg -- It already achieved 26 Deg and could achieve 28 Deg in future,so Atleast do some justice with your Title

IBNLive :Saurav Jha's Blog :The Radiance of Tejas: A bright prospect for 'Make in India'

Lol. It achieved it few times but not constantly. Suraj Jha is funny. 26 deg not yet certified

@Dazzler

Regarding ARJUN Tanks there is a LOT of OBFUSCATION of facts

You will NEVER really know how many ARJUN Tanks we have

For example do you really believe that India has 3300 Tanks and 1.3 Million Soldiers
or that we dont have Artilerry guns

we DO NOT believe in disclosing our real strength

Should I laugh? Never mind

Derby yes, elta nope, yanks don't love them that much. By the way, soufas have V9 NOT V5. And amraam is above anything in service in the world mate.

Lol. It achieved it few times but not constantly. Suraj Jha is funny. 26 deg not yet certified

1st you said the best it achieved is 22 Deg ,now you saying that only few time it reached 26 ,Buddy you are confused and unbecoming of TT

And who will certify that a Random pakistani :lol: ,You are free to certify your Green MK II or whatever

Last edited:

No dont laugh ; it is NO laughing matter

Contact ISI ; they know India's real strength ( NOT what is officially disclosed)

ISI guys make so many efforts to know India's secrets and strengths
and you are laughing at them 8-)

No dont laugh ; it is NO laughing matter

Contact ISI ; they know India's real strength ( NOT what is officially disclosed)

ISI guys make so many efforts to know India's secrets and strengths
and you are laughing at them 8-)

Leave it mate, its quite sad

Ohh, without stepping a foot, you know everything about India? BTW, its Saurav Jha not Suraj, again technical issues, you dont know his name, and big mouth talking about Indian defense.

Please now cut your crap, you already practiced enough with your joker's performance.

Last edited:

Here you go..!! reported in Janes weekly.

" JANE'S DEFENCE WEEKLY - FEBRUARY 18, 2004

Radar concerns cast shadow over F-16I buy
ALON BEN-DAVID JDW Correspondent
Tel Aviv

The Israel Air Force (IAF) is "highly dissatisfied" with the Northrop Grumman AN/APG-68(V)9 radar installed in its new F-16I multirole fighters, according to senior Israeli defence sources.

With the first of 102 Lockheed Martin F-16Is scheduled to arrive in Israel on 19 February, a growing number of defence officials are now criticising the procurement.

JDW has learned that following a series of test flights at Lockheed Martin's facility in Fort Worth, Texas, IAF pilots assessed the synthetic-aperture radar (SAR) mode of the AN/APG-68(V)9 to be "below IAF operational standards".

Israel's former minister of defence, Moshe Arens, who negotiated the F-16I deal, told JDW he is not surprised to learn about the radar's performance problems. "Our intention was to install Israeli-made radar in the F-16Is, but the US government made the whole sale conditional on the purchase of US-made radar. I argued that [Israel Aircraft Industries' subsidiary] Elta's radar had a proven better performance and lesser cost than the US radars, but the Americans were unrelenting," Arens said.

The Israel Defence Force (IDF) spokesperson's office declined to comment on the matter, and a spokesperson for Lockheed Martin said that "the issue is between the Israeli and the US governments".

Senior IAF officers have recently met with both Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman executives and presented them with what they described as "performance problems of the radar". IAF sources said that "once the aircraft arrive in Israel, further tests will be conducted in co-ordination with the manufacturer".

However, according to a Northrop Grumman spokesman, the company hosted a SAR "summit" for all key principals in January 2004, at the US government's request, to evaluate the radar's performance. At the end of that session, the parties agreed that the radar had met all its performance specifications, that the development phase was completed and that the IAF should now evaluate the radar in its own environment.

IAF sources said that in 1999 the service's preferred option was for Lockheed Martin's F-16I over Boeing's F-15I - partly because an offer to purchase two batches of 50 aircraft had significantly lowered the price per unit. However, the $4.4 billion F-16I deal, Israel's largest-ever single procurement, is now under increasing scrutiny by both former and current defence officials.

"I don't think we should have decided in 1999 on fighters we will still be receiving in 2008," said Brig Gen Eival Giladi, who until last December was head of strategic planning for the IDF. "I am not worried about their technology, but I'm not sure that what we will need in 2008 are fighters. We should have opted for the smaller [F-15] deal. Even though we would have lost the considerable discount, we would have gained much more freedom to decide later on the structure of our air force."

Arens, who supported the F-16I deal at the time, said: "In perspective, it could be that we were a little hasty. Considering the strategic changes in the region, I am not sure we should have made that deal."

While IAF Commander Maj Gen Dan Halutz (now IDF Deputy Chief of Staff elect) maintained that the F16I procurement "was the right decision then and still is today", other senior officers are questioning the decision, which committed a large part of US Foreign Military Financing (FMF) to Israel for almost a decade.

The IDF's budget was drastically reduced in the last two years, making the FMF the only available funds for new procurements.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon recently added NIS1 billion ($224.2 million) to the 2004 defence budget, totalling NIS33.4 billion, and pledged an additional NIS1.6 billion in 2005.

Ohh, without stepping a foot, you know everything about India? BTW, its Saurav Jha not Suraj, again technical issues, you dont know his name, and big mouth talking about Indian defense.

Please not cut your crap, you already practiced enough with your joker's performance.

Now that's laughable, shows anguish

Here you go..!! reported in Janes weekly.

" JANE'S DEFENCE WEEKLY - FEBRUARY 18, 2004

Radar concerns cast shadow over F-16I buy
ALON BEN-DAVID JDW Correspondent
Tel Aviv

The Israel Air Force (IAF) is "highly dissatisfied" with the Northrop Grumman AN/APG-68(V)9 radar installed in its new F-16I multirole fighters, according to senior Israeli defence sources.

With the first of 102 Lockheed Martin F-16Is scheduled to arrive in Israel on 19 February, a growing number of defence officials are now criticising the procurement.

JDW has learned that following a series of test flights at Lockheed Martin's facility in Fort Worth, Texas, IAF pilots assessed the synthetic-aperture radar (SAR) mode of the AN/APG-68(V)9 to be "below IAF operational standards".

Israel's former minister of defence, Moshe Arens, who negotiated the F-16I deal, told JDW he is not surprised to learn about the radar's performance problems. "Our intention was to install Israeli-made radar in the F-16Is, but the US government made the whole sale conditional on the purchase of US-made radar. I argued that [Israel Aircraft Industries' subsidiary] Elta's radar had a proven better performance and lesser cost than the US radars, but the Americans were unrelenting," Arens said.

The Israel Defence Force (IDF) spokesperson's office declined to comment on the matter, and a spokesperson for Lockheed Martin said that "the issue is between the Israeli and the US governments".

Senior IAF officers have recently met with both Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman executives and presented them with what they described as "performance problems of the radar". IAF sources said that "once the aircraft arrive in Israel, further tests will be conducted in co-ordination with the manufacturer".

However, according to a Northrop Grumman spokesman, the company hosted a SAR "summit" for all key principals in January 2004, at the US government's request, to evaluate the radar's performance. At the end of that session, the parties agreed that the radar had met all its performance specifications, that the development phase was completed and that the IAF should now evaluate the radar in its own environment.

IAF sources said that in 1999 the service's preferred option was for Lockheed Martin's F-16I over Boeing's F-15I - partly because an offer to purchase two batches of 50 aircraft had significantly lowered the price per unit. However, the $4.4 billion F-16I deal, Israel's largest-ever single procurement, is now under increasing scrutiny by both former and current defence officials.

"I don't think we should have decided in 1999 on fighters we will still be receiving in 2008," said Brig Gen Eival Giladi, who until last December was head of strategic planning for the IDF. "I am not worried about their technology, but I'm not sure that what we will need in 2008 are fighters. We should have opted for the smaller [F-15] deal. Even though we would have lost the considerable discount, we would have gained much more freedom to decide later on the structure of our air force."

Arens, who supported the F-16I deal at the time, said: "In perspective, it could be that we were a little hasty. Considering the strategic changes in the region, I am not sure we should have made that deal."

While IAF Commander Maj Gen Dan Halutz (now IDF Deputy Chief of Staff elect) maintained that the F16I procurement "was the right decision then and still is today", other senior officers are questioning the decision, which committed a large part of US Foreign Military Financing (FMF) to Israel for almost a decade.

The IDF's budget was drastically reduced in the last two years, making the FMF the only available funds for new procurements.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon recently added NIS1 billion ($224.2 million) to the 2004 defence budget, totalling NIS33.4 billion, and pledged an additional NIS1.6 billion in 2005.
Read my post again and check the radar version.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom