What's new

"Had Abhinandan Varthaman Been Flying Rafale...": Ex-Air Chief

@SIPRA

Abhi kept his word!

He has thus far acted with honour.... for this fortitude he is hence forth neither be called Gangu nor insulted in any manner.

He has earned his Soldiership... much more than this BS GanguSing!

Abhi is welcome to visit Pakistan anytime... even without a fighter jet... Paks will treat him with honour!

Fully agree.

Who was piloting the SU-30 that was shot down?

More importantly, did the PAF pilot who Gafoor spoke about ( taken to hospital , died later, etc ) get an honest Islamic burial ?

Would be shameful if he was not treated well ....

More importantly, did the PAF pilot who Gafoor spoke about ( taken to hospital , died later, etc ) get an honest Islamic burial ?

Would be shameful if he was not treated well ....

What about the six people on the heli? They came pre-cremated so what goes into the Ganges?

Just like wearing a tuxedo can’t buy you class similarly flying a Rafael can’t buy you skillset, competence, bravery& intellect....It has to do with a certain mindset and psyche which comes embedded with the privileged ones.
The rest get their kicks from creating terminologies and fake bravado showered on them by a slavish media.

In reply to the title—

Had our Decision-Makers not held back the locks and targets in February, !!!!!

Rafales have a far better kill ratios against F-16s at all exercises.

I know every minute detail

Anothe epic fail.
Their is not post called AOC WAC. There is only AOC-in-C not AOC.

Nonethless Air Marshal Hari Kumar birthdate is 25/2/1959 which means he was bound to retire on 28th Feb 2019 as all 3 star officers must retire on the last day of the month in which they turned 60.

The IAF was humiliated by the PAF in 02 last year - true story :crazy_pilot:

Just like wearing a tuxedo can’t buy you class similarly flying a Rafael can’t buy you skillset, competence, bravery& intellect....It has to do with a certain mindset and psyche which comes embedded with the privileged ones.
The rest get their kicks from creating terminologies and fake bravado showered on them by a slavish media.
Yar i believe that IAF pilots get anxious and scared quickly when engaging combat,

In simple words, Adrenaline Pressure.

This interferes with their objectives as their priorities are their lives unlike us who mostly are selfless !!!

Even if PAF trains IAF, IAF will remain down

What about the six people on the heli? They came pre-cremated so what goes into the Ganges?

Of course they were cremated. It's in every new channel, see it on youtube.

At least you and I agree that the PAF lost a pilot in Command Hospital like the IAF lost 6 airmen in the Mi Helicopter.

Thanks.

Of course they were cremated. It's in every new channel, see it on youtube.

At least you and I agree that the PAF lost a pilot in Command Hospital like the IAF lost 6 airmen in the Mi Helicopter.

Thanks.

You think Ghafoor was talking about a PAF pilot going to hospital? :sarcastic:
What did the IAF do to send the PAF pilot to the hospital, do tell.

@SIPRA

Abhi kept his word!

He has thus far acted with honour.... for this fortitude he is hence forth neither be called Gangu nor insulted in any manner.

He has earned his Soldiership... much more than this BS GanguSing!

Abhi is welcome to visit Pakistan anytime... even without a fighter jet... Paks will treat him with honour!
I agree with you also, Abhi has acted professionally, I am sure he must have been pressurized to appear in some sort of interview where he has to detail a fictional account of shooting F-16 with his laser eyes, but he has refrained from all of the temptations. His effort to fight for his country is as honorable as of any other soldier and his code of conduct is spotless up to now.

"Had Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman been flying a Rafale instead of a MiG 21, the outcome would have been different," BS Dhanoa said.

All IndiaPress Trust of India Updated: January 05, 2020 12:47 IST
Mumbai:

Referring to the row over the purchase of Rafale fighter jets, former Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa on Saturday said that such controversies slow down defence acquisitions, affecting the armed forces' capabilities.

"Had Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman been flying a Rafale instead of a MiG 21 during the India-Pakistan stand-off post the Balakot strike, the outcome would have been different," he said.

Speaking at an event at IIT- Bombay, former Air Chief Marshal Dhanoa said that the Supreme Court gave a "fine judgment" on the Rafale issue (giving a clean chit to the Narendra Modi government).

"I have always personally maintained that if you politicise the defence acquisition system, the whole system goes behind," he said.

"All other files also start moving at a slow pace because people start becoming very, very conscious," he said. The Bofors deal too got mired in controversy despite the guns "being good", he noted.

At the same time, people have the right to ask questions about prices of the aircraft as tax payers'' money is at stake, the former air chief said.

"The fact is, because of creating a controversy out of it, the slowing down of defence modernisation later affects you," said BS Dhanoa, who retired in September last year.

"Like the prime minister made a statement. People are saying it is a political (statement) but the fact is that the statement he made is correct."

"If we had Rafale, the question would have been totally different," he said.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/ex-...en-flying-rafale-2158900?pfrom=home-topscroll

Endless guilt ....How many times we have to hear the same excuse again??
PAF would have shot down a Rafale instead of Mig21.

every time this man opens his mouth lose the credibility to the bottom of the ditch he's fallen himself into.

when he said: Abhi downed an F-16 and now Had Abhi been flying rafale ...

i am amazed at this nation and their rhetoric, more amazed at their military, how badly effected by the Modi politics. with Modi phobia i wish they start doing pooja to him and we are fine here across the border.

Let me repeat what I said in another thread:

He is right.
On Feb 27, 2 Su-30s & 2 M2000s were outnumbered 6:1 by 4th gen jets (12 F 16 & 12 JF17) whereas they can take on odds of upto 2:1 against 4th gen jets (6-8:1 against 3rd gen).
But despite being outnumbered so badly, Su-30 & M2K still managed to exfiltrate safely with zero losses.

On the other hand, Rafales with Meteors can easily take on odds of 8:1 against 4th gen jets (12:1 against 3rd gen).

Time for your medication kid.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom