What's new

Gwadar a 'free port': Prime Minister for development along the lines of Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore

1. Hongkong, Singapore or Dubai "free port" modal will be followed doesn't mean we will be building Burj Khalifa.
2. Shipments for Central Asia via land route will be far cheaper than sea route.
3. Shipments for Middle East via Land route up to Gawadar than via Gawadar port will decrease cost & time.
4. China's oil shipments from middle east are of strategic importance.
5. If saying that Gawadar is useless give you guys peace of mind than you can assume so, who is stopping you.
Chacha jan free port model is good only when u can get lot of transit trade with so many places. I hv my doubts of business being economic over things being transpoerted by useing land or rail route to a very long distance( gawader to all the way to China's eastern part) ,4th one is the main reason of china being so intrested in gawader everyone knows it. For the 5th i never say it's useless i only said it's not like hongkong or Singapore modle. Aap to bekar me hi emotional ho gaye.

dont worry @LoveIcon I got this :tup:

why the wierdo face and LOL

@veekysingh you may refer to the images attached :)

LOG23TRANSPORTComparisonmatrixfortransportmodes_large.jpg

happy to rip that smile and giggle off ur face :P

Last edited:
Chacha jan free port model is good only when u can get lot of transit trade with so many places. I hv my doubts of business being economic over things being transpoerted by useing land or rail route to a very long distance( gawader to all the way to China's eastern part) ,4th one is the main reason of china being so intrested in gawader everyone knows it. For the 5th i never say it's useless i only said it's not like hongkong or Singapore modle. Aap to bekar me hi emotional ho gaye.

Do you know Dubai is shallow port where you have to load cargoes in small ships to reach port? While Gawadar is deep port where big ships can dock directly at port, which will reduce the expenditure. But yes, to convince countries to use Gawadar for their bulk shipments will require hell of diplomatic efforts.

Land routes are cheapest mode, this is what i have heard till now that's why there is Pak-China corridor project unless you prove it wrong with some credible studies.

4th is not simple thing, it's very important.

Check your facts, Land transit is cheaper and faster than sea.
Chacha jaan to ship a container from gujrat (close to Pakistan) to shanghai cost just 600usd, do u really think a truck carrying 20 ton can drive all the way too shanghai ( would be at least 4000 km in just 30000 indian rupees ? I don't think so.

Do you know Dubai is shallow port where you have to load cargoes in small ships to reach port? While Gawadar is deep port where big ships can dock directly at port, which will reduce the expenditure. But yes, to convince countries to use Gawadar for their bulk shipments will require hell of diplomatic efforts.

Land routes are cheapest mode, this is what i have heard till now that's why there is Pak-China corridor project unless you prove it wrong with some credible studies.

4th is not simple thing, it's very important.
Chacha jaan u really need to Google thing's. Road transportation is only good for small distance and low volume of goods. For long route (more then 1500km) it's worst way for transportation of goods ( economic wise, time wise, and size wise)

Chacha jaan to ship a container from gujrat (close to Pakistan) to shanghai cost just 600usd, do u really think a truck carrying 20 ton can drive all the way too shanghai ( would be at least 4000 km in just 30000 indian rupees ? I don't think so.

If you have rail link with shanghai than you can do this and save time as well.

EDIT: I am talking about land route not roads

Last edited:
Again, it's for west and central china where it will reduce both sea and inland travel distances/time/cost.

If you have rail link with shanghai than you can do this and save time as well.
Yes that would be better then road transportation, running trains through himalayas would be one of the biggest challenges man kind ever faced. ( u already know how difficult that area is, it's nothing like tibet thr r gonna be lot of snow, and fog and avalanche and landslides).

Listening the same shik since 5 years. Nothing happening:

gwadar.jpg

Yes that would be better then road transportation, running trains through himalayas would be one of the biggest challenges man kind ever faced. ( u already know how difficult that area is, it's nothing like tibet thr r gonna be lot of snow, and fog and avalanche and landslides).

So was KKH and that was back in 50s/60s. If mankind had stopped for every reason given not to proceed to achieve things deemed "impossible", we would still be living in caves.

Back
Top Bottom