What's new

Gwadar a 'free port': Prime Minister for development along the lines of Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore

about 7000 km from Shnghai to Gawadar which is farthest, But Shanghai is not the only Industrial city in China.

If you draw a straight line,

but I think the route, either road or rail will be circuitous - so one can add another 1000 1500 km to it give or take.

and, sea route is about the same I guess.

I think you will need to add another 4000 kms to it at least...not a 1000.

Gwadar is more for Western China development not so much Eastern China, it will create many jobs in two places that need it most Western China and Baluchistan.

Bhaiya ji it's not that easy to transport millions of tons by road or rail.
And to the last point when things go down to blocking sea lanes for China's supply one can bomb the gawader too, it's not very far.

Most of the chinese business hubs are in the east,

Well,Bombing gwadar will mean getting Pakistan into the war aswell.

beside this China also plan to establish a naval base in gwadar,So a addition of SAM would be also not difficult for China in gwadar

beside this China also plan to establish a naval base in gwadar,So a addition of SAM would be also not difficult for China in gwadar

Let us not feed into the hysteria, China has stated Gwadar is for business purposes and Pakistan should not give any country bases anyway.

What is China-Pakistan trade anyway?
Here it is:
All-weather friends: Pak-China trade increased to $12 billion, says Weidong
All-weather friends: Pak-China trade increased to $12 billion, says Weidong – The Express Tribune

And what we heard 6 years ago?
Here it is:
forum.jpg

See the difference/distance between lips and hips...lol

Bhaiya ji one who would go to war with china wont mind adding Pakistan in enemy list anyway. But let's not.go.off topic here.

With this reasoning, India is a superpower and you have the narrow mind...

I never discussed india in my posts; as it is not relevant

once again you prove yourself narrow minded by posting something that i didnt comment onto and you also exhibited lack of democratic essence to respect ones opinion (which i didnt give at all before you posted);
but now after reading your narrow minded and inferiority complex suffering post im sure that india can never be a super power and is absolutely not a super power at the moment.

so cut the crap and stick to the topic :)

At the moment how much Gwadar is being used? Just for domectic needs and Afghanistan? Anyway this news from another forum.

AAE-1 Cable System Comes into Force
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Marine link

AAE1CableSystem-25996.jpg
The contract for the majority of segments of the AAE-1 system has come into force.

AAE-1 will link Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe with low latency, high capacity transmission. Each trunk fiber-pair in AAE-1 segments supplied by TE SubCom has a cross-sectional capacity of minimum 80 x 100Gbps and each branch is implemented with optical add/drop multiplexing (OADM) nodes containing TE SubCom’s industry leading OADM wavelength re-use technology.
((so a minimum speed of 8000 gigabits compared to the our biggest cable we got now on 3840 gigabits.))

“With its unique, low-latency short route and high capacity, AAE-1 will link all major South East Asian countries to Africa and Europe via the Middle East, offering customers unmatched capacity thus stimulating exponential ICT-based business growth,” said Mr. Troy Yunfeng LI,

This will be the first submarine communications cable that is going to be connected to Pakistan throug Gwadar. Other cables are connected throug Karachi, this will be benificial, as this cable can be a safeline if something happens to the cables in Karachi like in 2013. when to cables broke down and the generell speed in pakistan got worsen by up to 60 percent

Not only this cable system have more then double the speed but also will be connected through Gwadar instead of Karachi. Expect speeds increase all over Pakistan once this project is completed in 2016.

Last edited:
Gwadar is more for Western China development not so much Eastern China, it will create many jobs in two places that need it most Western China and Baluchistan.

indeed; it will help create more zones for industrialists aiming to invest in china and of coarse Pakistan (as it will be the closest); more industries more money and last but not least a better economy that would support both China's and Pakistan's future :)

but I hope that these industries are developed keeping environment in mind as one should not support pollution on the cost of money; people should also breathe healthy to sniff success :D :smitten:

At the moment how much Gwadar is being used? Just for domectic needs and Afghanistan? Anyway this news from another forum.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Marine link

AAE1CableSystem-25996.jpg
The contract for the majority of segments of the AAE-1 system has come into force.

AAE-1 will link Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe with low latency, high capacity transmission. Each trunk fiber-pair in AAE-1 segments supplied by TE SubCom has a cross-sectional capacity of minimum 80 x 100Gbps and each branch is implemented with optical add/drop multiplexing (OADM) nodes containing TE SubCom’s industry leading OADM wavelength re-use technology.
((so a minimum speed of 8000 gigabits compared to the our biggest cable we got now on 3840 gigabits.))

“With its unique, low-latency short route and high capacity, AAE-1 will link all major South East Asian countries to Africa and Europe via the Middle East, offering customers unmatched capacity thus stimulating exponential ICT-based business growth,” said Mr. Troy Yunfeng LI,

This will be the first submarine communications cable that is going to be connected to Pakistan throug Gwadar. Other cables are connected throug Karachi, this will be benificial, as this cable can be a safeline if something happens to the cables in Karachi like in 2013. when to cables broke down and the generell speed in pakistan got worsen by up to 60 percent

Not only this cable system have more then double the speed but also will be connected through Gwadar instead of Karachi. Expect speeds increase all over Pakistan once this project is completed in 2016.

I don't think it is really in use currently because while the port itself is just about finish the surrounding architecture is still not in place.

Back
Top Bottom