What's new

Gulf oil producers benefit from falling Iran sales

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Gulf oil producers benefit from falling Iran sales

Gulf oil producers are benefiting from the sharp fall in crude exports from Iran through increased export revenues, according to analysis by the US government’s Energy Information Administration.
Excluding sanctions-hit Iran, members of the Opec cartel of oil producers earned $982bn in net oil export revenues last year, according to EIA estimates, the most since EIA data began in 1975.

The United Arab Emirates and Kuwait’s export revenues hit or were equal to post-2004 highs in real terms last year. Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter, and the de facto leader of Opec, earned an estimated $312bn, a nominal record, and just short of its peak in real terms in 2008.
The only other large Opec producer to see a post-2004 peak in real terms oil export earnings was Iraq, where output and exports have been recovering rapidly after the US-led invasion of the country.
The data point to stark differences in the fortunes of Opec members, as US production surges, reducing demand for some Opec crudes from the world’s largest oil consumer, and Iranian exports continue to decline.

50c7e80a-f3c2-11e2-942f-00144feabdc0.img

Gulf producers have had strong demand for their medium and sour crude oils, thanks to the absence of similar Iranian oil from international markets. But other Opec members such as Nigeria and Angola, which produce light and sweet crude oil similar to US shale oil, have seen exports to the US slump. Oil export revenues for both Nigeria and Angola fell last year in real terms, according to the EIA.
In its annual report released this month, Opec said the prices fetched by crudes from its various members on international markets had diverged last year.
While the price of Arab Light, a Saudi crude, climbed 2.2 per cent in 2012 and Kuwait Export rose 3.1 per cent, Nigeria’s Bonny Light fell 0.4 per cent and Angola’s Girassol rose just 0.6 per cent.

On top of lower prices, Opec’s African producers have been hit by security fears including oil theft in Nigeria and industrial unrest in Libya, which have disrupted production. In its medium-term oil market report published this year, the International Energy Agency said it did not expect Opec’s four African members to increase production over the next five years.
While the EIA has stopped estimating revenues for Iran, where the impact of US-led sanctions has made it increasingly difficult to track payments, the sharp fall in exports has also sharply reduced earnings for that country.

The EIA forecast Opec export revenues, excluding Iran, to decline sharply in 2013 and 2014, to $788bn and then $744bn. The EIA has forecast demand for Opec crude oil will shrink significantly in coming years, as production from non-Opec sources including Canada and US shale in particular continues to grow rapidly.

Gulf oil producers benefit from falling Iran sales - FT.com

GCC is making money on behalf of killing and destroying Iran... is that something to be proud of.. last time I told you that GCC supports sanctions on Iran, and you kept saying Saudi "Arabia" does a lot of humanitarian assistance... EPIC FAIL!

We are not the one who is making WMD nor we control Iran's foreigner policies. Iran failed to comply with the IAEA regarding its Nuclear program and for that reason Iranian oil is sanctioned. what does that means, A slight disturbance in the oil market something Saudi Arabia will not allow. Go tell the mullas to obey the international law and the sanctions will be lifted.

Like Iraq in the 90s eh, nice.

Funny, because Iraq has also increase oil production.:laughcry:

GCC is making money on behalf of killing and destroying Iran... is that something to be proud of.. last time I told you that GCC supports sanctions on Iran, and you kept saying Saudi "Arabia" does a lot of humanitarian assistance... EPIC FAIL!

They can't go away with their terrorism in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Let them keep paying till they get down this regime. Even some Iranian took pride over their "power" to destabilize Arab and Muslim countries, so they chose this path for themselves, let them crumble and let us flourish.

Like Iraq in the 90s eh, nice.

Yep, drying up terrorism resources can't be but a nice thing.

Then what are you doing, you support terrorism aswell just another side.

That's wrong my dear, I'm supporting people right to free their country from an occupation force. Syrians are not terrorists. Al-Nusra and Qaeda existence in Syria will never change the nature of Syrian uprising cause in calling for freedom. It's like Israel invading an Arab country in the name of fighting radicals who exist everywhere.
@Doritos11

You know, when Iraq was under sanctions and was invaded, I was wondering what Iraqis had done to deserve this, but finaly I got the answer by dealing with some of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We benefit today, but we for sure remember the 90s.

Exactly, we WANT you to remember the 90s, remember it really really well.

This is what happens when you cross KSA, you think invading another country won't go unpunished??

You know, when Iraq was under sanctions and was invaded, I was wondering what Iraqis had done to deserve this, but finaly I got the answer by dealing with some of you.

They did not bow down to US interests, you have an issue with that ?

They did not bow down to US interests, you have an issue with that ?

Those are not whom I'm talking about, but rather those who came over American tanks to power, and threw flowers at American troops, and people who live in the safest areas for American and British forces during the occupation. Death to Israel and America dumb slogans will not work with us, not anymore.

Those are not whom I'm talking about, but rather those who came over American tanks to power, and threw flowers at American troops, and people who live in the safest areas for American and British forces during the occupation. Death to Israel and America dumb slogans will not work with us, not anymore.

Then why do you write this "You know, when Iraq was under sanctions and was invaded, I was wondering what Iraqis had done to deserve this " ?

Since you despise the current regime I guess they did not deserve an invasion :undecided: ?
You should say the majoos deserved Saddams treatment instead, correct it.

Then why do you write this "You know, when Iraq was under sanctions and was invaded, I was wondering what Iraqis had done to deserve this " ?

Since you despise the current regime I guess they did not deserve an invasion :undecided: ?
You should say the majoos deserved Saddams treatment instead, correct it.

No exactly, although I admit that I lost faith in those whom you call "Majoos". Mubarak was right, they have no loyalty to their countries.

No exactly, although I admit that I lost faith in those whom you call "Majoos". Mubarak was right, they have no loyalty to their countries.

What is the point anyway, it happened, 1991 and 2003 happened.

Its impossible to think that fighting the current army or turning it in Syria style civil war would turn out in Sunnis taking power again, maybe if you all use your state armies. Otherwise you will have to either accept this or support islamic state of iraq side, your choice.

Exactly, we WANT you to remember the 90s, remember it really really well.

This is what happens when you cross KSA, you think invading another country won't go unpunished??

All hail to Moss the man ruling with an iron fest.

No seriously, every thing comes at a price, and we will never let go.

And who assigned you to be a lawyer of the mullahs, you aren't more Persian than the Persians themselves. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom