What's new

Gujarat soon to have 7,000mw surplus power: Narendra Modi

One factor we should not forget while comparing the growth in Gujrat with other states that for last 7 years Congress is in Delhi.. I for one have realised how tough it has become for BJP ruling states to do something these days.

not to sound picky..can u put up the original undp report not from some biased (one look at the other entries in the site) blog....

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Anyway I'm not sure if it's official or speculation, however according Central Electric Authority report following states will be power surplus after 2012.

A CEA report dated April 2010 ('Power Scenario at a Glance') says that Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Delhi, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram are the eight states likely to have surplus power at the end of the XI Five Year Plan.

Power surplus: These States will be able to plug and play - Moneylife Personal Finance site and magazine

if you notice except delhi and wb all the other have extensive potential for (hydro) power generation, little industry (which cosume much power) and small population....and we all know how five year plans pan out in reality...

One factor we should not forget while comparing the growth in Gujrat with other states that for last 7 years Congress is in Delhi.. I for one have realised how tough it has become for BJP ruling states to do something these days.

this is a very very important point....given india's fractious center-state relations especially when they are ruled by rival parties....

If it is Modi's words, I have no doubt about it. He's the only one who can perform such a feat. :tup:

I think we need to import him here in Sikkim. :D

not to sound picky..can u put up the original undp report not from some biased (one look at the other entries in the site) blog....
Here is a report by Institute of Applied Manpower Research India Human Development Report 2011 & UNDP Report

tvLkLKsM64o3ASf28UOSc7D3.png

During a recent function in Rajasthan modi pointed to the fact that Gujarat has excess power more than the total power deficit of Rajasthan.

The Rajasthan CM (from the congress) tried to save face by saying Modi should try to rule rajasthan and see if he can improve the situation.:) :)

Anyway I have done a bit research, it seems Modi did carry out reform in the power sector of Gujrat. However a third of this generated power comes from private players and a third comes from gas based power plants, it's easier to access natural gas in Gujrat, her being on the west coast. But this makes per unit cost pretty high and there's no takers for the surplus power.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

if you notice except delhi and wb all the other have extensive potential for (hydro) power generation, little industry (which cosume much power) and small population....and we all know how five year plans pan out in reality...

Dude it may come from a blog but it quotes UNDP results, you need to just search in google with keyword Gujrat+HDI+UNDP to get the sources like Hindu etc.

And above all when you have an whole Anti Modi Brigade in Congress top brass using every dirty trick to make him weak....Example Governor of Gujrat...

So were Punjab, WB, Bihar, UP. All of them recorded much higher growth rate than Gujrat. Remember it's much harder for WB, Bihar, UP to achieve this as they had severe image problem to start with.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

While I don't subscribe to any political party, but I don't understand why people go gaga over an average performing Chief Minister who's been accused by High Court of inaction during riot.

While I don't subscribe to any political party, but I don't understand why people go gaga over an average performing Chief Minister who's been accused by High Court of inaction during riot.

modi is average...? so who is the better performing minister in india..? mamata di..? :lol:

inaction during riots doesnt mean wilfull inaction....given the state of police in india it was to his credit riots were stopped completely in 3 days..

[/COLOR]While I don't subscribe to any political party, but I don't understand why people go gaga over an average performing Chief Minister who's been accused by High Court of inaction during riot.

Because Modi has probably bought all the major media houses, businessmen in the country, people in Gujarat, people on Twitter, people on FB, heck, even the Chinese so that they are going gaga over his performance.

...or

There's something we're not looking at.

modi is average...? so who is the better performing minister in india..? mamata di..? :lol:

inaction during riots doesnt mean wilfull inaction....given the state of police in india it was to his credit riots were stopped completely in 3 days..

If we go by the data available to us, chief minister of Bihar, Punjab, Kerala, Delhi, UP, TN and WB did better than him. Mamata came to power 6 months ago, Budhha was CM for last decade.

Because Modi has probably bought all the major media houses, businessmen in the country, people in Gujarat, people on Twitter, people on FB, heck, even the Chinese so that they are going gaga over his performance.

...or

There's something we're not looking at.

Corporates and Media houses(which are again run by corporates) are different deal altogether. People in fb and twitter generally sway by the trend, they will share and comment morphed pic of Gandhi dancing with lady if it's the present trend; I'd take the chinese through a cynical prism.

Back
Top Bottom