What's new

Gujarat plans world’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel

110613-sify+news.jpg

Among other things of attraction, this memorial will have a museum on the life of Sardar Patel and also a research centre. This research centre will promote research on matters such as good governance, agriculture technology and development for the tribal population which were core matters of importance Sardar Patel. There will be the facility of lift for the visitors to go to the top of the constitution and able to enjoy eye catching sight of the Sardar Sarovar Dam.

There is definitely much better ways to spend 300 million dollars. How about building a new state of the art research center along the lines of the US national labs. With that much money you can build one as good as any in the world.

Talking about tourism, I am not really sure if it will attract many foreign tourists.

It will if it is world's tallest.

They could have started a world class university under his name.. I mean it was much better than a statue..

Offtopic.. Sardar Vallabai Patel was one one the unsung heros of India.. I mean how much we know about him from the history lessons in schools?

How can it be the "World tallest". How many nations have his statue in the 1st place?

They could have started a world class university under his name.. I mean it was much better than a statue..

Offtopic.. Sardar Vallabai Patel was one one the unsung heros of India.. I mean how much we know about him from the history lessons in schools?

Have u seen the video...

Have u seen the video...

Yea mate, Its good to see that kind of project.. BUt I guess the best thing is to re structure our History class books and give more space to these kind of unsung heros rather than just Nehru and Gandhi.. Think about a University with high standards and world class equipment mate, it can produce lot of brilliant minds and the name of Sardar Vallabai Patel will be spread through them..

There is already a Sardar Patel university in Gujarat..Besides there are Medical college ,engineering colleges etc through out the country in his name.
Besides the airport of Ahmadabad which is the 7th busiest in India is also in the name of Sardar Patel.
Naming an institution in any leaders name is a simple thing.It happens all over the world.There is nothing new or special in that.Just see the innumerable no of national entities named after the Gandhi family members.
This project is a one of a kind in the entire world and will put us in a completely different league.

Back
Top Bottom