What's new

Gujarat plans world’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel

This is one of his works, which is not that well known. But without this, we would have been far worse if Nehru had his way..

OT : If it indeed is a tourist project, then its okay.. Else Sardar patel would have never liked to have something like this made for him. Great persons dont need statues. They deserve our respect.

I'm ok with honoring sardar with an even bigger statue if possible, but I think it might have been more appropriate if done later. That's the sort of stuff rich countries do I guess. We aren't there right now.

It is not a mere statue .It is a major tourism project also.It has so many things associated with it and will be major source of revenue generation.All the investment can be recovered in a few years and it will remains as the pride of our country for centuries to come.

Holy f**k!!! That's huge!!! Does it have to be that huge?? Why not a statue of Bharat Mata or something?

$300 Million....:undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy f**k!!! That's huge!!! Does it have to be that huge?? Why not a statue of Bharat Mata or something?

$300 Million....:undecided:
300 million is not entirely taxpayers money,only a fraction of it is .It is done in Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
Besides that many rich people are also donating for the project from across the nation.
For example :Two days back the diamond merchants association of Mumbai gave Modi his equivalent weight in silver which he in turn donated to this project.

Gujarat is not just honouring a man but intend to make the area where the statue is located into a tourist delight with boating,day cruises, beach resort and many more with a view of making the concept profitable and self paying bringing millions of rupees of income enriching the state coffers.US 300 million is small compared to the many incomes it will bring. Mr. Modi has an enterprising mindset to move the state of Gujarat forward.

Gujarat is not just honouring a man but intend to make the area where the statue is located into a tourist delight with boating,day cruises, beach resort and many more with a view of making the concept profitable and self paying bringing millions of rupees of income enriching the state coffers.US 300 million is small compared to the many incomes it will bring. Mr. Modi has an enterprising mindset to move the state of Gujarat forward.
Rightly said..He is trying to make a unique brand for Gujarat and even for India

Seriously some times foresight of Modis team surprises me immensely. Creating the Tallest monument symbolizing Unity?

All factional pressures would be won over instantaneously. The tallest or biggest anything in the world brings in itself a very strong nationalist patriotic vibe ; and to top it off its VB PAtel.Future generations are gona be impacted tremendously for sure.

BTW do Pakistani's know that Sardar Wallabh Bhai Patel a.k.a Iron Man of India was a Dalit??? Indians are soo hypocritic... meh :D

No, he wasn't! He was Patel! Patel/Patil = Farmers (majority of Indians)! Patil is mainly used in Maharashtra! Patel is the most common surname among Gujaratis!

He was a great leader indeed but not low caste as many people on here are falsely glorifying him!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Sardar Patel dead-set against the RSS?

If that was the case, you gotta love the irony, here.

It is not a mere statue .It is a major tourism project also.It has so many things associated with it and will be major source of revenue generation.All the investment can be recovered in a few years and it will remains as the pride of our country for centuries to come.

Exactly people think its just a statue lol modi will generate revenue more then on can imagine from this statue ... He is better then others all others including PDF members ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly people think its just a statue lol modi will generate revenue more then on can imagine from this statue ... He is better then others all others including PDF members ;)
Ya I'm sure once this is complete this will be one of the major tourist hotspots of the country....

Back
Top Bottom