What's new

Gujarat does a double! Why can't India under the 'visionary' NaMo.

Gujarat's (or Maharashtra's) economy is not bigger than Pakistan's. Please stop spreading lies, or force me to quote you the exact figures that show you are lying.
Let's see

For Maharashtra...

Contribution to India's GDP= 13.2%
Source: WorldBank

Also,
India's GDP= $1.53 Trillion

Pakistan's GDP=$174billion

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore, 13.2% of 1.53 = $202billion

So, Maharashtra's nominal GDP>Pakistan's

btw Population of Maharastra is just 112million people compared to Pakistan's 170million

So, Maharashtra's per capita GDP>>Pakistan's

Let's see
For Maharashtra...

Contribution to India's GDP= 13.2%

Source: WorldBank

India's GDP= $1.53 Trillion
Pakistan's GDP=$174billion

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13.2% of 1.53=$202billion

Thus Maharashtra's nominal GDP>Pakistan's

btw Population of Maharastra is just 112million people compared to Pakistan's 170million

Thus Maharashtra's per capita GDP>>Pakistan's

You clearly do not know the difference between GDP (PPP) & GDP (nominal).

Pakistan GDP (PPP) is $470 billion, Maharashtra's GDP (PPP) is 190 billion, Pakistan's GDP (nominal) is $170 billion, Maharashtra's GDP (nominal) is $73 billion. Learn the difference between GDP (PPP) & GDP (nominal) and then get back to me.

You clearly do not know the difference between GDP (PPP) & GDP (nominal).

Pakistan GDP (PPP) is $470 billion, Maharashtra's GDP (PPP) is 190 billion, Pakistan's GDP (nominal) is $170 billion, Maharashtra's GDP (nominal) is $73 billion. Learn the difference between GDP (PPP) & GDP (nominal) and then get back to me.

LOL do bother to read before replying . I'm fully aware about PPP and nominal. Maharastra's nominal GDP is $200billion

Let me explain it to you......s l o w l y

Percentage of Maharastra's contribution to India's GDP - 13.2 %

India's Nominal GDP= $1.53trillion
India' GDP in PPP terms = $4trillion

Therefore Mahrastra's Nominal GDP = 13.2% of 1.53trillion= $200billion
Also Mahrastra's GDP in PPP terms= 13.2% of 4trillion= $532billion

;)

LOL do bother to read before replying . I'm fully aware about PPP and nominal. Maharastra's nominal GDP is $200billion

;)

Wait for another 5 years, we can have atleast 6 more states that have higher GDP than Pakistan. Already state of Andhra Pradesh has more budget than that of entire Bangladesh and will cross Pakistan in next 4-5 years.

The guy(Rahul) found a article on "serbian genocide in kosovo" and thought why don't we apply that to our political career, one thing is for sure Congress has become a family party rather than a party of protecting her domestic and international interest. Indra Gandhi was the last of the bold PM's india ever had from the Congress(Manmohan is an agent of the American)

Agree with u completely, but dont know about the american agent part. mms is a gem of a person but a weak leader. he dose not strenth to go after big corporate houses, big adultaration mafias, and i dont need to say more. everyone knows it very well.

;)

Wow, cool stat. thanks for explaining.

i wd be very happy if Modi becomes prime minister of India. but given the level of infighting in BJP and his comparitively lower status in party, i think it will take some time.

It is not just about a single guy, rather a team, a party, a group of people who share a common progressive vision. At present BJP as a party does not posses such qualities. I am really looking forward to the next elections to see how things shape up. The current governance at the center is severely lacking in this long term wholesome national vision whereas some of the regional governance have shown us that things can be much more effective at the local level. I would prefer more progressive political parties to prove themselves at the local level before they can join hands at the center.

;)

yes dude i totally agree with your calculation
this is india's GDP(PPP) in 2010 == 4,060,392 mil. USD
Maharashtra's share in GDP currently is 12% though...
so maharashtra's current GDP == 487247 mill USD (487 bl USD)

Maharashtra's pace of industrial growth is slowing down due to electricity shortage but it will be on fast track again :)

Percentage of Maharastra's contribution of India's GDP - 13.2 %

;)

First of all, you're right. The figures I gave you for Post # 152 is for Bombay, not Maharashtra, my mistake I didn't read your post properly.

Secondly, what difference does it make if Maharashtra even does have a higher GDP than Pakistan? Maharashtra has a population of 122 million Indians, which is comparable to (more than half of) Pakistan's population of 175 million. And even Karachi has most of Pakistan's GDP as compared to the rest of the cities. Hence, your point is really moot. There are a lot of states in India that are in real dire shape, such as UP, Bihar; that have really high populations & very little economic development. Bihar's (103 million) & UP's populations (200 million) are comparable to Pakistan's populations (175 million) as well, but they are far more backward than Pakistan.

Pakistan's population: 175 million
Pakistan's GDP (nominal): $180 billion

UP's population: 200 million
UP's GDP (nominal): $109.77 billion

Going by your comparison of Maharashtra with Pakistan, let me compare Karachi with Maharashtra:

Maharashtra's population: 122 million
Maharashtra's GDP (nominal): 190 billion
Maharashtra's GDP (nominal) per capita: 190,000/122 = $1563

Karachi's population: 20 million
Karachi's GDP (nominal): $36 billion
Karachi's GDP (nominal) per capita: 36,000/20 = $1800

Also, Maharashtra is the top 3 states (after Bihar & UP) in terms of the highest poverty rates in India, far greater than the Pakistani national average, or even the national average of India (which is higher than Pakistan of course).

To those who believe Gujurat is what is for Narendra modi, they are either accomplished in the crime perpetrated by Modi and CO or don't know Gujurat and the trading spirit of Gujuratis.

Even if they know and still want to spread propaganda to create a little better image of Modi they are going to fail.

Don't dismiss the entrepreneurial people of Gujurat who have kept the Gujurati flag flying even before MOdi.

To those who believe Gujurat is what is for Narendra modi, they are either accomplished in the crime perpetrated by Modi and CO or don't know Gujurat and the trading spirit of Gujuratis.

Even if they know and still want to spread propaganda to create a little better image of Modi they are going to fail.

Don't dismiss the entrepreneurial people of Gujurat who have kept the Gujurati flag flying even before MOdi.

Has it been proved that modi has been guilty, else why cant you shove your mouth in your or at least be agnostic about this issue till courts decide.

PS: North Koreans and south koreans are of same race and have same IQ's. Still north korea is still reeling under poverty. I hope you understand the importance of NAMO in the growth of Gujarat.

I hate this guy he is too communal congress has it's share of fault but bjp & gang are a chronic syndrome of communal instability they are no different from taleban type this party should be banned ASAP they are a threat to the very secular fabric of the indian society & its multiculturalism & therefore are a threat to india's national security this is the 21st century the era of an unipolar world of globalization that we the west have made it very clear for both
pakistan & India

the rules are simple

Novus ordo seclorum

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/US_Great_Seal_Reverse.svg

Back
Top Bottom