What's new

Gripen for Bangladesh?

Appreciate the efforts.

I think the real problem lies with Bangladesh government. The stupid tender was tailor made for the Migs or Sukhois.

I think the big problem over the tender was that it was obvious that BD would go for only Russian aircraft to fulfil the tender. This of course gave all the power to the Russians and they are playing hardball now with BD, with reports that they are trying to flog the Mig-35 that while adequate for Myanmar would be useless against India.

This is not the 1990s where BD does not have any money. I know this is with hindsight but BD should have floated an international tender for a decent amount of planes(18-24) and then we would have had the Russians, UK and France at the least all competing for BAF's needs. Even if BD wanted to go with Russia all along, the Russians would have made an offer to BD for SU-30SME as they would know that BD has other options.

If BD can afford to take a 12 billion US dollar loan from Russia for Roopur nuclear power plant, or spend 4 billion US dollars out of it's own pocket for Padma then it can afford 3-4 billion US dollars for upgrading the BAF that is urgently required.

Last edited:
If you can spent more dollar for infrastructure to attract more investment why not?

Just keep consuming more of what matters per capita and grow your industries better while these BeeDees rely on their BBS paper shenaningans lol.

One of them spent a whole few months crying to me that BD needs a PPP upgrade (based only on price level) and then he went all silent when I show him exactly why its so low (consumption basket).

Just remember that BD is the only country in the world that can slaughter 75% of a cattle herd each year and sustain the population...its truly a magical country above everyone else :D

Then they think nominal USD matters anything (in cross border comparison) in a low consumption country that has free guaranteed quota access on its one single industry to high capital countries. They have poor understanding of why its a bad extrapolation inherently, and why the UN HDI (that some idiot was quoting side by side with nominal per capita GDP) does not use it and has never used it.

They want to desperately imagine 1500 USD nominal per capita (based on coefficient of single digit % extrapolated to 100%) means something when they produce 0 cars, can only buy 20,000 cars a year anyway, next to 0 steel, negligible concrete and cement, puny electricity per capita, terrible rating on liveability index...the list of actual consumption on the ground continues and continues. Let them be, they trump up number from their own current political incarnation (3 million) however dissonant it is from the facts, its nothing new....its just to feel better (as shameless anyone else in world would have about such a number).

So just win on the ground and keep doing that, while they flee to the "numbers" yet again. Its all they can do. I mean if you actually use the real life expectancy, literacy etc of BD on at least the same standards used for their PPP per capita, their HDI will probably be the same as worst parts of Africa, guaranteed.

Ref: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/repository-for-bd-statistics-bbs-quality-credibility.525379/

@dy1022

Posting like an idiot will not make you any intelligent either. The comparison was against Myanmar and it was done.

PPP that you are talking about is just a measure for the poor people. However as you are quoting PPP recent estimate by PWC indicated Bangladesh will be 28th largest economy by 2030 with almost 1.4 trillion usd economy and by 2050 Bangladesh will be 22nd largest economy with more then 3 trillion USD economy. Will Myanmar come anywhere close to that?

And regarding consumption Bangladeshis spent nearly $100bn (£66bn) on private consumption in the country every year, according to the 2013 World Bank data. The figure is much higher now and almost 1.5 times of Myanmar's gdp.

Instead of writing essays and diverting topics stick to the topic of discussion.

f-16 j-10 su-35 rafale and now grippen ?:partay:
f 35 is coming soon

tejas ain't bad for dhaka to kolkata flight. bangladesh biman may consider it
Dear BDS
finally you guys will be agreed upon the following beast
:D

HAL Tejas
Aircraft model
The HAL Tejas is an Indian single-seat, single-jet engine, multirole light fighter designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the Indian Air Force and Navy. Wikipedia

Top speed: 2,205 km/h
Range: 3,000 km
Unit cost: 31,000,000–31,090,000 USD (2009)
National origin: India
Produced: 2001–present
Role: Multirole light fighter
Engine types: Turbofan, General Electric F404
1200px-IAF_Tejas_full_size_%2832941198511%29.jpg

No offense, but when it comes to purchase of military equipment, Bangladesh is notorious for window shopping and test driving only.

Posting like an idiot will not make you any intelligent either. The comparison was against Myanmar and it was done.

PPP that you are talking about is just a measure for the poor people. However as you are quoting PPP recent estimate by PWC indicated Bangladesh will be 28th largest economy by 2030 with almost 1.4 trillion usd economy and by 2050 Bangladesh will be 22nd largest economy with more then 3 trillion USD economy. Will Myanmar come anywhere close to that?

And regarding consumption Bangladeshis spent nearly $100bn (£66bn) on private consumption in the country every year, according to the 2013 World Bank data. The figure is much higher now and almost 1.5 times of Myanmar's gdp.

Instead of writing essays and diverting topics stick to the topic of discussion.
He and his cow theory forgets to take into account of the illegal cows that enter Bangladesh.
His car theory also excludes the cars bought illegally in Bangladesh.
Price of Toyota Altis in Bangladesh:39.5lakhs taka or USD$47676.50
Price of Toyota Altis in India:15.67lakhs rupee or USD$24288.50
Yeah now its time to put Nilgiri's car theory into trash cause cars in BD cost more.
Until then Nilgiri can buy more tata nano trash:lol:

He and his cow theory forgets to take into account of the illegal cows that enter Bangladesh.
His car theory also excludes the cars bought illegally in Bangladesh.
Yeah now its time to put Nilgiri's car theory into trash cause cars in BD cost more.
Until then Nilgiri can buy more tata nano trash:lol:

Bangladesh government has deliberately made policies in such a way so that people are discouraged to buy car. That is the reason why price of car is high in Bangladesh. The price of Toyota is almost equivalent to brand new BMW and Mercedes Benz in USA. On top of it buyer need to provide 70% deposit money. I did not mention about high import tax. If price would be like 1-3 lakh rupee in India just the case for Maruti and Tata nano almost every middle class household would have had one. As the Mass Rapid Transit and Metro Rail is coming up in next 2-3 years, reliance on car will reduce to a great extent.

Nilgiri is just a troll and idiot.

Bangladesh government has deliberately made policies in such a way so that people are discouraged to buy car. That is the reason why price of car is high in Bangladesh. The price of Toyota is almost equivalent to brand new BMW and Mercedes Benz in USA. On top of it buyer need to provide 70% deposit money. I did not mention about high import tax. If price would be like 1-3 lakh rupee in India just the case for Maruti and Tata nano almost every middle class household would have had one. As the Mass Rapid Transit and Metro Rail is coming up in next 2-3 years, reliance on car will reduce to a great extent.

Nilgiri is just a troll and idiot.

:rofl:

Can we get back to topic and ignore trolls like Nilgiri please?

PPP that you are talking about is just a measure for the poor people.

Why? Because you say so? You are the one bringing up HDI to compare, HDI uses PPP, end of story. Try to understand why if you can.

Myanmar per capita projected to be higher than BD in that "projection" too. Talking about projections, what did Harvard say regarding the future growth rate of BD? Cherry picking a projection is a silly argument.

You consume less then half the steel an average Burmese person does....RIGHT NOW.

We are back to faulty nominal again? Stay consistent. I am talking about actual consumption volumes, not what their faulty extrapolation to USD (based on solely one commodity class with guaranteed LDC quota) supposedly is.

You consume less than the Burmese per capita deal with it....and the difference is only growing according to the IMF.

Dare you to post that on the thread. Actually I already answered it there, and BD members have used the same source data on that....they are just too low IQ to realise how badly it defeats their argument (in their rush to claim local herd success).

I can easily use reverse calculation to show how much cattle would be needed to be smuggled from India to make BD claims around the world figures. Basically would involve 6 - 7 times BD (claimed) local herd (of 24 million) each year.

Given how BSF murders your people each day, fat chance of that.

Add to all this that BBS in its figures said its all with next to no input from other country cattle (want the link to the article again to read?)....so yeah again you fail.

@pher @dy1022 check this guy out, he's mad again, must be getting beaten up by his SG owner again and wage withheld for bad disgusting habits :D

So assuming twice the cost, why is there not say half the per capita demand in BD compared to India? Or even a third? Or even a tenth? Why less than a 100th? You are that price inelastic? :lol: Want me to bring in motorcycles next (since thats more your LDC price range)?

@dy1022 170 million people buy 20,000 (imported 2nd hand mostly) cars a year. I kid you not! Less steel per capita consumption from these people than war torn Yemen....whats up with that? Notice how they also cannt answer why they have next to 0 production too, stick only to explaining why their (import) consumption so low lol. Watch this thread, its gonna be quite funny.

If price would be like 1-3 lakh rupee in India just the case for Maruti and Tata nano almost every middle class household would have had one.

Haha wrong.... given the dbl price but 100+ times less per capita consumption that Mr. Nabil (the parasite in singapore as Chinese member called him) just posted (thanks nabil! I love it when you guys unwittingly prove my point).

Sorry no curve elasticity looks like that (coefficient of 0.02 P.E) for something as basic as transport (and heritage item of 100+ years industry)....its only explained by much lower realised disposable income....lo and behold BD's PPP per capita being atrocious low.

But then again BD is a special country, LDC and all :lol: . i.e logic deficient country (in addition to original meaning).

Why? Because you say so? You are the one bringing up HDI to compare, HDI uses PPP, end of story. Try to understand why if you can.

Myanmar per capita projected to be higher than BD in that "projection" too. Talking about projections, what did Harvard say regarding the future growth rate of BD? Cherry picking a projection is a silly argument.

You consume less then half the steel an average Burmese person does....RIGHT NOW.

We are back to faulty nominal again? Stay consistent. I am talking about actual consumption volumes, not what their faulty extrapolation to USD (based on solely one commodity class with guaranteed LDC quota) supposedly is.

You consume less than the Burmese per capita deal with it....and the difference is only growing according to the IMF.

Dare you to post that on the thread. Actually I already answered it there, and BD members have used the same source data on that....they are just too low IQ to realise how badly it defeats their argument (in their rush to claim local herd success).

I can easily use reverse calculation to show how much cattle would be needed to be smuggled from India to make BD claims around the world figures. Basically would involve 6 - 7 times BD (claimed) local herd (of 24 million) each year.

Add to all this that BBS in its figures said its all with next to no input from other country cattle (want the link to the article again to read?)....so yeah again you fail.

@pher @dy1022 check this guy out, he's mad again, must be getting beaten up by his SG owner again and wage withheld for bad disgusting habits :D

So assuming twice the cost, why is there not say half the per capita demand in BD compared to India? Or even a third? Or even a tenth? Why less than a 100th? You are that price inelastic? :lol: Want me to bring in motorcycles next (since thats more your LDC price range)?

@dy1022 170 million people buy 20,000 (imported 2nd hand mostly) cars a year. I kid you not! Less steel per capita consumption from these people than war torn Yemen....whats up with that? Notice how they also cannt answer why they have next to 0 production too, stick only to explaining why their (import) consumption so low lol. Watch this thread, its gonna be quite funny.

Haha wrong.... given the dbl price but 100+ times less per capita consumption that Mr. Nabil (the parasite in singapore as Chinese member called him) just posted (thanks nabil! I love it when you guys unwittingly prove my point).

Sorry no curve elasticity looks like that (coefficient of 0.02 P.E) for something as basic as transport (and heritage item of 100+ years industry)....its only explained by much lower realised disposable income....lo and behold BD's PPP per capita being atrocious low.

But then again BD is a special country, LDC and all :lol: . i.e logic deficient country (in addition to original meaning).

Idiot instead of writing an essay comes to the main point even with according to your argument higher per capita PPP Myanmar has low HDI.

Talking about future projection cherry picking? Lol. Each and every estimate indicated that based on PPP Bangladesh will be 3-3.5 trillion USD Economy by 2050. Even based on per capita GDP as well. Myanmar is having just 4% GDP growth. Not enough export, not any investment in science, education and health. Just remaining as a pimp no one can prosper. Prices are cheap in Myanmar that's why it is showing higher per capita GDP but reality isn't that rosy. A country which has 5 times difference in nominal and ppp per capita GDP shows it has some serious issues.

Go back to worship cow, instead of writing long essays. Lol

Another thing idiot before posting out dated stat look what you are posting. Consumption of steel per person in Myanmar as of 2016 is 19 kg and the figure for Bangladesh 26 kg which is 1.5 times higher.

Source:
http://events.steelmintgroup.com/bangladesh-land-million-opportunities/

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/analysis-steel-market-myanmar-daniel-brody

Idiot instead of writing an essay comes to the main point even with according to your argument higher per capita PPP Myanmar has low HDI.

Yeah because BBS lies about its life expectancy, mortality rates and education. The PPP at least has ICP oversight/validation (if you know what that is and where it comes from)....so I will compare that more confidently for now. First build up a credible statistics organisation and you can compare to other countries better. It also goes for Myanmar btw. Right now its like saying your slop is better than the others slop....because you claim the colour is bit better on your end and you stuck some toothpick flag with a number on it....when it really is all just slop.

The claimed cattle data for BD proves just how compromised BBS claims are on common sense level.

Talking about future projection cherry picking? Lol. Each and every estimate indicated that based on PPP Bangladesh will be 3-3.5 trillion USD Economy by 2050. Even based on per capita GDP as well.

The point of mentioning the cherry pick is that anyone can do it for projections. Here is one where BD will only grow 4% or less long term:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/harvard-research-puts-bd-in-low-growth-category.505795/

The tears from you lot were quite delicious :D.

Coming to PwC one, you do understand that Myanmar has a population more than 3 times lower than yours? Why would we expect them to be in the arbitrary cut-off of top 32 world economies by PwC? What if they come in at rank 33 or within top 40 etc? It doesn't mean they are doing worse than BD lol (by that argument lots of massively wealthy countries not in the top 32 are also doing worse than BD)....simply put their population is 1/3rd of yours. But per capita they are doing better than you and the trend suggests they will be doing better than you in future too:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft...=country&ds=.&br=1&c=513,518&s=PPPPC&grp=0&a=

They have 48% higher realised consumption per capita than you right now. By 2022 it will be 56% higher according to IMF projection (of much shorter and thus relevant debate wise than PwC/Harvard/WB/BRICS 2050 projections). Just remember they were behind you on PPP per capita in the early 2000s. Not surprising given the amount of something as basic as steel/electricity you lot consume per person.

Another thing idiot before posting out dated stat look what you are posting. Consumption of steel per person in Myanmar as of 2016 is 19 kg and the figure for Bangladesh 26 kg which is 1.5 times higher.

Sorry feeble minded one, try again using a consistent unitary source rather than trying to cherry pick from apples and oranges from whatever years/definitions being used. Something like this:

4gExaOC.jpg

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/comp...desh-and-myanmar.522876/page-42#post-10046786

https://www.worldsteel.org/en/dam/j...5478ae460/Steel+Statistical+Yearbook+2016.pdf

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom