What's new

Greek/Hellenic Armed Forces Thread - Pictures, News Articles and Discussions on all Greek/Hellenic Military Affairs.

It is urgent to install heavier armament on the M1117. The Turkish threat of invasion is more than real, and the islands must be held until the situation in the air is clear.

İn 1919-1922 Greeks,British,French,Americans invaded Turkiye from Islands
Nobody invaded Turkey from the islands ffs. British didn't invade,French were in the Middle-East and the Americans were not even involved in the war! The Greek army was sent to protect the Greek population in the area of Smyrne.

today same senario USA-France-Greece arming Islands to attack on Turkiye
Are you saying that "regional superpower Turkiye" is afraid of a few dozen M1117 Guardian? Are you saying you are afraid of an "invasion" by Greece? You have an entire ARMY against the islands.

The first modernized Marder-1A3 Armored Fighting Vehicles arrived in Greece before the first BMP-1s left for Ukraine.
The monochrome green tinted paint is a new technology color with properties to reduce the infrared signature (anti-IR) of the vehicle, while carrying 3rd generation Saphir 2.6 MK type thermal sights.

1666004224795.png

1666004241269.png

1666004356826.png

1666004312313.png

Finally,after 20+ years of talking about getting 500 Marder,we're finally getting some. I remember they were talking about us getting them back in the early 2000s,during the PASOK government. Then New Democracy came to power in 2004 and they were going to buy 450 BMP-3s from Russia. Then the economic crisis came and the deal was cancelled.

And after decades and decades,we finally have a proper IFV. Even in small numbers for now.

geetha-marder-1-1024x575.jpg

@Ghostkiller @Gomig-21

Outstanding! I could use every single positive adjective in the dictionary.

BTW, those F-16 formations flights were pure perfection and the couple of solos looked like they were approaching the speed of sound, they just kept the throttle at the setting just below. I also like how they showed the girl looked like she was sending morse code. Every army type should learn that and practice it. Also looked like a possible Mirage 2K takeoff just prior. And those crazy dangerous Chinook + other helo flight formation all great stuff. Thx for the tag enjoyed those a lot.

Outstanding! I could use every single positive adjective in the dictionary.

BTW, those F-16 formations flights were pure perfection and the couple of solos looked like they were approaching the speed of sound, they just kept the throttle at the setting just below. I also like how they showed the girl looked like she was sending morse code. Every army type should learn that and practice it. Also looked like a possible Mirage 2K takeoff just prior. And those crazy dangerous Chinook + other helo flight formation all great stuff. Thx for the tag enjoyed those a lot.
The helicopters usually pass from my area every year,but this time they passed from further away and I could only see them through trees. You know the Chinook is always the loudest,such a heavy helicopter.

The Zeus F-16 flew so fast and so low over the buildings,that imagine,I was in the house,not at the balcony...and I had to close my ears! Every alarm in the neighborhood went off! 😂

Two brand new 4++ generation Rafale F3R fighter jets, traveled from France and landed at Tanagra Air Base, today Tuesday 8 November 2022. The two new aircraft will serve in the 332nd Squadron of the 114th Fighter Wing, at the Tanagra Air Base, where the 6 second-hand Rafale F3Rs are located as of January 2022.
The two fighters, one two-seater and one single-seater, carried Greek pilots, who spent the previous period in France to train in the handling of the new aircraft. The new Rafales are fully equipped, like the previous ones received by Greece, with the Scalp, Exocet and Meteor missiles.

Two brand new 4++ generation Rafale F3R fighter jets, traveled from France and landed at Tanagra Air Base, today Tuesday 8 November 2022. The two new aircraft will serve in the 332nd Squadron of the 114th Fighter Wing, at the Tanagra Air Base, where the 6 second-hand Rafale F3Rs are located as of January 2022.
The two fighters, one two-seater and one single-seater, carried Greek pilots, who spent the previous period in France to train in the handling of the new aircraft. The new Rafales are fully equipped, like the previous ones received by Greece, with the Scalp, Exocet and Meteor missiles.

Now we have 8 Rafale F3R! Waiting for the decision on the corvettes by December. Both Gowind and Doha are nice.

Apparently,the deal for the SPIKE NLOS is ready to be signed.

Specifically,the Army will be getting 27 SPIKE NLOS systems along with UAVs,some of which will be installed on AH-64A Apache attack helicopters.

The Navy will be getting SPIKE NLOS and SPIKE ER2 systems to put on the 4 Machitis class gunboats and on the Mark V SOC of the Underwater Demolitions Command.

The Air Force is getting SPICE 1000/2000 kits.

That's a heck of a ship, and besides the main weapons it holds, it's also unusually packed with a pair of forward and aft Phalanx CIWS systems.

1669386356513.png

Most navy cruisers, destroyers and even frigates almost always pack a single one of these systems that can reach 360 degrees for protection of un-identifying & fast incoming little ships packed with explosives to destroy it. But most likely because of the high arrangement of the center housing on these MEKOs, they've decided to mount a pair of these to be sure they're covered all the way! Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom