What's new

Featured Greece to Buy 18 Rafale Fighters, Four New Frigates to Boost Defense

What are you saying exactly?

What i am saying is the miserable act of Greec will not help them. Asking other countries to stop making bussines with Turkey. Do not sell this and that, in the end they are not selling weapons means no money. And the fak side for them is we are coming with our own solutions and that means competition and losing customers only for a big fat lazy county.

What i am saying is the miserable act of Greec will not help them. Asking other countries to stop making bussines with Turkey. Do not sell this and that, in the end they are not selling weapons means no money. And the fak side for them is we are coming with our own solutions and that means competition and losing customers only for a big fat lazy county.
Who said "don't sell this and that"? Americans themselves said "no F-35s for you". Germans have been selling weapons to both of us for decades. Americans too actually.

Who said "don't sell this and that"? Americans themselves said "no F-35s for you". Germans have been selling weapons to both of us for decades. Americans too actually.

American didn't sell it for Israel, stupid excuse like you buyed S-400 is a lie. They even forced accept that dumb EEZ claim of you for F35, botttom line they would never sell the F35 because of jewish lobby in America. They stopped delivering SIGSAUR handguns because of Syria.

American didn't sell it for Israel, stupid excuse like you buyed S-400 is a lie. They even forced accept that dumb EEZ claim of you for F35, botttom line they would never sell the F35 because of jewish lobby in America. They stopped delivering SIGSAUR handguns because of Syria.
What does Sig Sauer have to do with Syria?

If the real reason was jewish lobby, there would be no UAE F35 sale... So it's not the reason.
More probable is the multiplication of problems with Turkey inside NATO : There was an extremely sharp explanation between the American and Turkish military a few months ago on this subject. Were the turkish media allowed to spoke of that or not?

If the real reason was jewish lobby, there would be no UAE F35 sale... So it's not the reason.
More probable is the multiplication of problems with Turkey inside NATO : There was an extremely sharp explanation between the American and Turkish military a few months ago on this subject. Were the turkish media allowed to spoke of that or not?

UAE did accepted Israel as a state, because of that and kicked Palestians. And againg downgraded version for them...

Like the KSA F15.

:p:

24 rafales are going to be finally . Not18.

Everyone knows that they will never be used in a war...
just in dogfights plays with Turkey.

for dogfight play no need of SCALP, no need of Meteor, no need of Rafale !
Turkey is now seen as an opponent to Europe.
In the next decade I see two hot point in the world : China vs Taiwan with a short but hard aerobattle between US and China. And a short and more limited conflict between Turkey and some europeans country (Greece + France).
The Erdogan's Turkey is searching the limit point.

Yeah but if Erdogan does something in the Aegean,maybe a provocation or trying to get an island or declare war...they will be used.

The final quantity of Rafale in Greece will not stand to 24.
The M2000 fleet will have to be replace in some years. The final figure may be in the 40 - 80 area.

The final quantity of Rafale in Greece will not stand to 24.
The M2000 fleet will have to be replace in some years. The final figure may be in the 40 - 80 area.
We might be getting another fighter then. Maybe F-35s in the future. But the Mirage 2000-5 Mk.2 are great for now.

We might be getting another fighter then. Maybe F-35s in the future. But the Mirage 2000-5 Mk.2 are great for now.
Yes, I think the greek fleet will by split in two suppliers as today.
The M2000 fleet was not so high because the RDM radar of first gen M2000 was not as potent as F16 one. Rafale come with more aces in its hand.
We may see some complementarity between Rafale and F35...

Greek F16 will be highly upgrade, with an AESA radar, so the remplacement phase is not for tomorrow.

Yes, I think the greek fleet will by split in two suppliers as today.
The M2000 fleet was not so high because the RDM radar of first gen M2000 was not as potent as F16 one. Rafale come with more aces in its hand.
We may see some complementarity between Rafale and F35...

Greek F16 will be highly upgrade, with an AESA radar, so the remplacement phase is not for tomorrow.
The order was to upgrade 84 F-16s to F-16V and then upgrade the other F-16s to F-16 Block 52+ and Block 52+ Adv. from their parts.
So I far I think only one F-16 has been upgraded. The Turks will say "So what,we are making TFX and Mius and our own AESA radar to upgrade the F-16s".

The order was to upgrade 84 F-16s to F-16V and then upgrade the other F-16s to F-16 Block 52+ and Block 52+ Adv. from their parts.
So I far I think only one F-16 has been upgraded. The Turks will say "So what,we are making TFX and Mius and our own AESA radar to upgrade the F-16s".
TFX is all but a reality. To study a Main Battle Tank, something far less complex than a front fighter, they needed South Korea help...
So far they have no engine for TFX. If they choose Russia to help or to supply Su35 or Su57 the Turkey situation in NATO will be in more trouble.
AESA radar? far from being an operationnal reality. Turkey is more known for pottery than for world top micro electronic complexe complete system.

In fact Ergodan puts Turkey in a very bad strategic situation, and the same can be said from the economical situation.

TFX is all but a reality. To study a Main Battle Tank, something far less complex than a front fighter, they needed South Korea help...
So far they have no engine for TFX. If they choose Russia to help or to supply Su35 or Su57 the Turkey situation in NATO will be in more trouble.
AESA radar? far from being an operationnal reality. Turkey is more known for pottery than for world top micro electronic complexe complete system.

In fact Ergodan puts Turkey in a very bad strategic situation, and the same can be said from the economical situation.
I know. Yet,the Turkish members here like MMM-E,were posting photos and saying "We have already made the engine,we have already made the radar for Akinci,we have already made this and that" and would then say "It will be ready by 2025" and make it look like they've been producing Star Destroyers on their own. And then Pakistani members come and say "Wow,Turkey is producing quality stuff in much lower prices than the Western and Chinese equipment!" (lol how does that even work).

And let's say the Americans and NATO don't do anything about them if they buy Su-35 and Su-57. It would be fun if they bought them,because they would have to start a whole new chain of logistics,training of personnel in a jet fighter of a completely different philosophy and integrating Soviet/Russian systems to Western systems.

The Altay was like...half Korean in origin and the T-129 was a licensed version of the Italian A-129.

Back
Top Bottom