What's new

Featured Greece to Buy 18 Rafale Fighters, Four New Frigates to Boost Defense

I have no doubts about French superiority over Turkey in technologies. But has France will to fight? Because Turks do, no jokes.

I have no doubts about French superiority over Turkey in technologies. But has France will to fight? Because Turks do, no jokes.
Russia remains a possible threat.
There are more and more classical high intensity war possibilities in the near future than in the last 30 years.

And... we are fighting for 7 years in the sahalian band (not high intensity).

Historical military treaty between France and Greece is going to get signed asap, which alters the status quo across Med sea.

Among all, it will be condition/term of mutual active military intervention, if one of the two enters in a war with a 3rd nation.

Russia remains a possible threat.
There are more and more classical high intensity war possibilities in the near future than in the last 30 years.

And... we are fighting for 7 years in the sahalian band (not high intensity).
Your military actions in Africa are just anti-terrorist operations. In coming years most of them may be transfered to Russian contractors. I mean full scale war with such quite powerful country as Turkey.

Historical military treaty between France and Greece is going to get signed asap, which alters the status quo across Med sea.

Among all, it will be condition/term of mutual active military intervention, if one of the two enters in a war with a 3rd nation.
Truth is we need more ships! But...no money. Right now 3 or 4 FDI HN and 3 Gowind are a boost to our Navy which has been left behind while the Turks had been making frigates,corvettes and submarines like crazy for the last 10 years.
The Prime Minister might also announce the purchase of 6 more Rafale F3R fighter jets and of course the mutual alliance between France and Greece.

One more thing that you guys might not have heard is that recently a French research ship was harassed by the Turkish Navy a few miles off Crete:

That's the second time the Turkish Navy has harassed a French ship in the Mediterannean. Remember this?

"The French sailors were trying to check a cargo on suspicion it was taking arms to Libya – forbidden under a UN embargo.

Turkish frigates carried out radar targeting three times, suggesting a missile strike was imminent, France's defence ministry said.

"This is an extremely aggressive act that is unacceptable by an ally against a NATO ship," a French defence ministry official, who did not want to be named, told AFP."

And with Erdogan announcing he will buy a second batch of S-400s,the Americans now threaten Turkey with more sanctions.

Your military actions in Africa are just anti-terrorist operations. In coming years most of them may be transfered to Russian contractors. I mean full scale war with such quite powerful country as Turkey.
Turkey? A single ASMP A shown on the french carrier deck will be more than enough to avoid any escalation. :azn:

It's been announced,the deal was signed:

• 3 FDI frigates with an option for one more
  • 3+1 Gowind 2500 corvettes (under negotiation)
  • 6 more Rafale F3Rs that will bring the total number to 24,forming a full squadron
  • Mutual assistance signed between Greece and France,basically announcing an official alliance
  • The upgrade of the 4 MEKO 200HN frigates
Both ships will be modified according to the wishes of the Hellenic Navy and the Belharra HN will be more heavily armed than the French ones.

Edit: Defence sites now report that the Gowind corvette deal is under negotiation and the Navy might buy 4 of them instead of the original 3+1 option. They say it wasn't part of the original deal and they are negotiating about it and how they want it to be equipped. Rumor has it the French claim they will deliver the first Gowind by fall 2023,if we buy them.

Last edited:
Turkey? A single ASMP A shown on the french carrier deck will be more than enough to avoid any escalation. :azn:
May be. Or may be not? What if US and Russia threaten France not to use nuclear weapons?

May be. Or may be not? What if US and Russia threaten France not to use nuclear weapons?
Then the French navy and airforce can smash them into submission. And if battle takes place in Africa,even better for the French. They will deploy more forces there.

We are not in the Suez canal war operation situation (where neither UK nor France has the bomb).
The clash would be between France and Turkey. nothing more.

We are not in the Suez canal war operation situation (where neither UK nor France has the bomb).
The clash would be between France and Turkey. nothing more.
Let's assume both France and Turkey will have ammunitions for a 2-3 months of war, without 3d party supplies. Even if France will loose 1 soldier for every 2-3 or 5 Turkish soldiers. Can French liberal politics afford to loose 10000 French soldiers in 2-3 months in a war somewhere in Africa or East Mediterranean? Because I think no French politician can afford such losses - even without 3d parties influence local French NGO's and "human right's fighters" will topple those politicians in a blink of an eye. And Erdogan can afford to loose 50000 soldiers in a righteous war against infidels or vital national Turkish interests in Libya or another place.
I am not talking about defending of the territory of France - it is different case.

Can French liberal politics afford to loose 10000 French soldiers in 2-3 months in a war somewhere in Africa or East Mediterranean?
What makes you think the French will lose so many soldiers in 2-3 months of fighting against the Turks? Right now they have air and naval superiority and for me,their land forces are far better equipped,trained and prepared logistically. Although I do understand your point,the French public might think such a war as a matter of patriotism and a rally point for pro-European ideals,Christians or just could be used to vend off some frustration in society.

Let's assume both France and Turkey will have ammunitions for a 2-3 months of war, without 3d party supplies. Even if France will loose 1 soldier for every 2-3 or 5 Turkish soldiers. Can French liberal politics afford to loose 10000 French soldiers in 2-3 months in a war somewhere in Africa or East Mediterranean? Because I think no French politician can afford such losses - even without 3d parties influence local French NGO's and "human right's fighters" will topple those politicians in a blink of an eye. And Erdogan can afford to loose 50000 soldiers in a righteous war against infidels or vital national Turkish interests in Libya or another place.
I am not talking about defending of the territory of France - it is different case.
You are right.
Except in a classical war to defend our soil it would be politically insupportable to loose great amount of soldiers for a west democraty.
But if it is less sensible for Turkey to do so, I doubt Erdogan can stay as prime minister after 50000 loss.

I add that if you compare Turkish ground army and french or GB one, the quantity of soldiers is bigger in the turkish side, But what is the real level of them? how are they trained? To have nice weapon is one thing, to be skilled to use it another one.
The loss of some Leopard MBT destroyed by ISIS because they were badly managed is to be taken in account. As the purge in the high rank military people some few years ago (same problem in russia some time before 1941...)

Back
Top Bottom