What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

文无第一
谦谦君子也

wow you are finding a new page worshipping Indians :cheesy:
Dude don't you know Indians were the first to establish a university.

Dude don't you know Indians were the first to establish a university.

Yeah sort of. I am not sure if it is China or India which is more legit to make the call :coffee:
Haha what does it have on the current development of university education today? :blink:

Yeah sort of. I am not sure if it is China or India which is more legit to make the call :coffee:
Haha what does it have on the current development of university education today? :blink:
nothing. I'm just saying. indian started first university 5000 years before the existance of Huang Di :enjoy: according to indians

China overtakes Japan as Asia's No. 1 in Times university rankings
June 11, 2015

FOREIGN201506110821000100301188539.jpg

Peking University. (File Photo)

LONDON, June 10 -- China overtakes Japan as Asia's number one nation for world-class universities, according to the Asia University Rankings 2015 published Wednesday by the Times Higher Education.

Some 21 universities from the Chinese mainland enter the top 100 of the rankings, up from 18 last year, with Peking University taking fourth place and Tsinghua University being fifth.

China's special administrative regions also do well, with six universities from Hong Kong (two in the top 10) and one from Macao represented in the top 50.

Although the University of Tokyo remains Asia's number one institution, Japan slips to second place with 19 representatives in the prestigious top 100, down from 20 last year.

The Asia rankings use 13 performance indicators to examine each university's strengths against its core missions: teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook,according to Times Higher Education, a weekly magazine that provides information about higher education.

"This really is China's year. With three new entrants and some of the country's established universities climbing up the tables," Phil Baty, editor of the Times Higher Education Rankings, told Xinhua.

Baty also said this is living proof that a serious commitment to higher education from a government that is prepared to invest in research and development really does pay off.

@Beidou2020 , @AndrewJin , @Shotgunner51 , @Raphael , @tranquilium , @cirr et al

China is just straight up beating Japan at pretty much everything.

A return to normalcy. But still miles to go. No time for complacency :)

Universities are critical to developing science and technology for the country. China should invest more in universities. The graduates can then go on to develop advanced technology for China. In addition, the graduates will make more money and pay more taxes. So in the end the universities will pay for themselves plus generate profit. Any investment into universities will pay for itself and give a good return on investment too.

Last edited:
China is just straight up beating Japan at pretty much everything.
Well lets remain modest, there are still areas in which Japan is taking the lead over China due to China's late development. But overall China is destined to surpass Japan generally speaking, it was like that since ancient past (only during the meiji era did Japan overtake China). Nonetheless East Asians have very high IQ :D

@TaiShang Could u show us the full ranking? I wanna know the position of my university.:-)

Well lets remain modest, there are still areas in which Japan is taking the lead over China due to China's late development. But overall China is destined to surpass Japan generally speaking, it was like that since ancient past (only during the meiji era did Japan overtake China). Nonetheless East Asians have very high IQ :D
East Asia dominates Asia.

@TaiShang We should have more this sort of comparison with more developed countries, don't waste time in Supa Powa. We don't have the best in Asia yet.

Nope, Shanghai Jiaotong University.

It is really last of my concern to make such comparisons. I do hope they will not jump onboard and we will end up having a troll fest :)

It is indeed too early to claim any crown. Work, work, work!

Your uni does well, being at the top ten in China. Not bad.

This kind of rankings should have a Greater China classification model. The present system does not do justice to the reality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom