What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

usually this rank makes no sense at all, but this time they finally find that utk is the no 1 univ in asia, instead of an english colonial univ in hk. this is a huge progress for them. but still, china's univs are underestimated overall. actually the following NATURE MAGAZINE publishing index gives a more objective rank, at least the crap things never appeared on top of the list, as contrary to time's rank. the positions of china's univs are roughly at where i think they should be at for nature's publishing rank.
Institution rankings | Nature Publishing Index Asia-Pacific | Nature Publishing Group

Last edited:
usually this rank makes no sense at all, but this time they finally find that utk is the no 1 univ in asia, instead of an english colonial univ in hk. this is a huge progress for them. but still, china's univs are underestimated overall. actually the following NATURE MAGAZINE publishing index gives a more objective rank, at least the crap things never appeared on top of the list, as contrary to time's rank. the positions of china's univs are roughly at where i think they should be at for nature's publishing rank.
Institution rankings | Nature Publishing Index Asia-Pacific | Nature Publishing Group

Look at the origins of all the major universities. They came about through a strong patron and after that sustained funding and wise support. So operating fund is one thing. Funding for research is the critical one. And that is where Chinese Universities are getting immensely more support than western universities. China furthermore adds industrial development, cocooning in the best tradition everywhere. Every little town has ambition to have a "Science City". With that many minds wanting to create something new, the sheer force of quantity alone will create innovations from their initial flops.

Next, Chinese universities have been chartered to also have commercial subsidiaries such as online companies or giant construction companies. These provide the practice needed for professors to test and prove their innovations, and students to be exposed to actual practical applications. It also provides extra funding for the university.

Last edited:
So, does your university fare well?

I like 山东大学 and hope to one day be able to teach/research there, but, it somehow does not make to the top 100.

What is your impression with 山东大学 ?

:)

Shandong University has probably the best History Faculty in the Land。:D

It is very strong in literature、history and philosophy and publishes a namesake journal。

Neither Nankai University in Tianjin nor Jilin University in Changchun is in the list?:cry:

sorry,but I do not have too much faith on our university.
it's just too easy to graduate.

It is very strong in literature、history and philosophy and publishes a namesake journal。

Neither Nankai University in Tianjin nor Jilin University in Changchun is in the list?:cry:
And no China University of Geoscience where I live! It's the best in geoscience. Nearly all Chinese geological prospecting team members are educated here!

Any info about their School of Political Science and Public Administration?

I am sort of interested in this program.

Nonetheless East Asians have very high IQ :D

Not just very bro, is the highest.

Well lets remain modest, there are still areas in which Japan is taking the lead over China due to China's late development. But overall China is destined to surpass Japan generally speaking, it was like that since ancient past (only during the meiji era did Japan overtake China)

That's very true, on any macroscopic indicator, it's unfair to compare continental-sized China to Japan which is only a bigger-than-average sized country, not to mentioned medium sized Korea or even some city states. So while we are glad to see progress of China in education, let's not discredit Japan or Hong Kong for they are doing very good jobs!

So far China might be doing alright in natural sciences, engineering, medicine etc., but the weakness in arts, social sciences is quite obvious. To progress further, tough reforms needed, I am looking forward to that!

Last edited:
Any info about their School of Political Science and Public Administration?

I am sort of interested in this program.

For your reference:

以下是2015政治学与行政学专业大学排名

排名 学校名称

1 北京大学

2 武汉大学

3 复旦大学

4 吉林大学

5 南开大学

6 天津师范大学

7 中国政法大学

8 中山大学

9 浙江大学

10 云南大学

11 华东师范大学

12 山东大学 :-)

13 南京大学

14 厦门大学

15 湖南大学

16 首都师范大学

17 湖南师范大学

18 成都理工大学

19 西南政法大学

20 贵州师范大学

What happened to Indian Institute of Vedic Sciences (or what was its name?)?

If we were to believe indian posters on this forum, that was the top university of the world, let alone Asia, after all the current defense minister is graduate from there....:big_boss:

Turkey is seriously underrated in Asia,also India has a lot of room to improve
Congrats to you guys btw

What happened to Indian Institute of Vedic Sciences (or what was its name?)?

If we were to believe indian posters on this forum, that was the top university of the world, let alone Asia, after all the current defense minister is graduate from there....:big_boss:

Plz don't talk nonsense no Indian has claimed that
@Horus plz ensure trolls don't ruin this thread

Turkey is seriously underrated in Asia,also India has a lot of room to improve
Congrats to you guys bts

Plz don't talk nonsense no Indian has claimed that
@Horus plz ensure trolls don't ruin this thread

Yes my dear, many indians claim that it was the top university in the world. Go search the posts in the forum, :-)

Yes my dear, many indians claim that it was the top university in the world. Go search the posts in the forum, :-)

I dare you,you give me a link to that claim & I will eat my words & apologize to you

For your reference:

以下是2015政治学与行政学专业大学排名

排名 学校名称

1 北京大学

2 武汉大学

3 复旦大学

4 吉林大学

5 南开大学

6 天津师范大学

7 中国政法大学

8 中山大学

9 浙江大学

10 云南大学

11 华东师范大学

12 山东大学 :-)

13 南京大学

14 厦门大学

15 湖南大学

16 首都师范大学

17 湖南师范大学

18 成都理工大学

19 西南政法大学

20 贵州师范大学
@TaiShang Wuhan University ranks Top2! Why not come to Wuhan?
屏幕快照 2015-06-11 18.44.05.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-11 18.43.13.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-11 18.43.32.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-11 18.44.26.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-11 18.45.16.png

@coffee_cup @Echo_419 Get a room!:smitten:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom