What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

Last edited:
Anyway it doesn't really matter which Uni is top. If you are lucky enough to get a place in any of the top 100 unis, you're guaranteed a job anywhere in the world, which is the point of going to a uni.

Question for users: Which degree will have the most jobs from: Maths, Physics or Engineering?

and which type of engineering?

Here you go. Engineering ranking by QS (most reliable source)
QS World University Rankings by Faculty 2014 - Engineering and Technology | TopUniversities
UK unis are known worldwide for their standards. Engineering is lacking, yes, but Cambridge and Imp. college still top most.

I think what the comment above has said is perhaps based on something like this ranking by a Chinese institution

Academic Ranking of World Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences - 2012| 2012 Top 100 Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences |ARWU-FIELD 2012

where the top 20 was indeed dominated by US colleges :-)

I am not too crazy about notches in "top rankings" even within say top 100 as there are subjective criteria involved :cheesy:

I know these rankings. But I am talking about the real fact. I don't know much about engineering majors, but the UK business schools are really miles behind the US B schools.

The only B school in the UK can match the US level is probably LBS, still it is only 11th in the world. SAID Business Schoold of Oxford is only 22th, Judge Business School of Cambridge doesn't even make it into top 50.....

This is QS world ranking, I would rather believe US News ranking, which is more objective.

The World's Best Business Schools - Business Insider

Harvard No1. Even if we look at the comprehensive ranking, UK still sucks, only 3 make into top 20, together with the other 16 US and 1 Canadian universities.

Top World University Rankings | US News Best Global Universities

loool A chinese saying U.K universities sucks? :lol: lool Wonder shall never end.
How many Chinese universities are in the top 20? huh.....let me guess/remeber.....hmmmmm........NONE(0). :lol:Moreover, you just have to check how many of your corrupt/high ranking/wealthy officias send their children here for studies(you will be amazed by how many there are), guess they will have stayed in China if the education/universities there were btter than U.K ones which 'sucks'.lol

And there you are saying we suck.lol Only the U.S has better universities than us, no country even comes close to us(bar the U.S). So i advice yoiu be more considerate when making fun of the U.K bro.:D

Attended some seminars held in Tsinghua University couple of years ago. I've a lot of respect for doctoral students there. They've got an impressive Neurophysiology, Neuroscience program there in their Life Sciences Department. I wonder if Dr. Luo is still there; had the pleasure of working and meeting in previous engagements. :)

Very nice.

我去,哈工大这么猛?!以前知道是好学校,没想到厉害到这种程度。

UK top universities are nowhere close to even top 20 US universities.

That is not accurate LSE is in the list for sure

QS is the proper site for rankings

and how can Cambridge not be on there? lol

loool A chinese saying U.K universities sucks? :lol: lool Wonder shall never end.
How many Chinese universities are in the top 20? huh.....let me guess/remeber.....hmmmmm........NONE(0). :lol:Moreover, you just have to check how many of your corrupt/high ranking/wealthy officias send their children here for studies(you will be amazed by how many there are), guess they will have stayed in China if the education/universities there were btter than U.K ones which 'sucks'.lol

And there you are saying we suck.lol Only the U.S has better universities than us, no country even comes close to us(bar the U.S). So i advice yoiu be more considerate when making fun of the U.K bro.:D

Yes, you suck. You are losing your temper and your reasoning as well. I've told you don't post such long piece of shit. I never compare Chinese Universities with yours. We are still behind, did I ever say we are superior to UK education, hell no...Yet you keep puting words in my mouth, I bet your eyes are blind that you can't even read my posts.

Don't you feel ashamed you compare yourselfe with a developing and poor education country like China? US is your daddy, they beat you in any minute, just realize the fact. You just suck, you cannot compete with US in any field.

My posts is about the U.S. and UK, not China. Don't try to run away from the theme.

Last edited:

literally speaking, LSE is not a Business School, it is a school with a bunch of art majors like social science, politics, economics, and law. You can tell from its name. London School of Politics and Economics. It's a great college, with many famous economists, but not a real business school in modern terms, they are just doing theoretical research, and now they are losing edge to the top US business schools in business realated courses and theoretical research

Look at their department and structure. They are just an art college....
QQ截图20141031122542.png

Not all famous universities are good at all fields of subjects.

Seems this topic has generated some controversy over some a topic known for generating bickering: university rankings.

IMO:

- @Edison Chen's claim that no UK university compares with the top 20 in the US is ungenerous and wrong. Oxbridge certainly does, and would rank roughly at the level of UC Berkeley (i.e. the best public university in the US). But no others would make it. US universities unequivocally have an edge at the top.
- QS is not a reliable ranking, and has a strong UK bias. ARWU/US news are both more objective and trusted.
- Cambridge, Imperial College, as well as Shanghai Jiaotong, all have engineering programs that should have made it to the bottom of the US News list. Maybe they were 11/12/13th place? Oxford wouldn't make it though - engineering is not their forte at all.

Taiwan University is at 17th.

I think what the comment above has said is perhaps based on something like this ranking by a Chinese institution

Academic Ranking of World Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences - 2012| 2012 Top 100 Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences |ARWU-FIELD 2012

where the top 20 was indeed dominated by US colleges :-)

I am not too crazy about notches in "top rankings" even within say top 100 as there are subjective criteria involved :cheesy:

Self-hated Chinese!

Such acute inferior complex!

Thanks to Mao Zedong the foreign worshiper anyway!

Taiwan University is at 17th.
Self-hated Chinese!

Such acute inferior complex!

Thanks to Mao Zedong the foreign worshiper anyway!

You are a China-Basher. I have no doubt about that
But as you post more I am more convinced you are not Chinese (Twn, Chn ..overseas) :nono::stop::dirol:

Chinese universities as a whole are advancing and fast and they have a clear edge in terms of rankings and publications than the S Asian Institutions like the much gloated IIT_@ many multiple locations

I hate to say even comparing ourselves with Indian universities who could be invited for an TV interviews in USA again saying how great their "entrance exams" are :haha:

This is the first time we have many universities ranked in Top 10 albeit in specific area by the Americans or other EU agencies. :dance3:

Last edited:
You are a China-Basher. I have no doubt about that
But as you post more I am more convinced you are not Chinese (Twn, Chn ..overseas) :nono::stop::dirol:

Because every Chinese know what Chinese universities are ugly and inferior than those in the West? :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom