What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

@Chinese Bamboo You are so lucky.......When I chose my university, very few people would choose those in Western China. Nobody would like to travel 10+ hours by train to Xi'an when you have nearby choices! But now, Xi'an and Western China are developing so fast. My cousin marries a local Xi'an guy. They met in Beijing's university, and she is from SHENZHEN! But they decide to settle in Xi'an! When I attended their wedding a couple of years ago, there was no subway, no high-speed rail. Only that chaotic railway station which directly faces Xi'an's city wall.....Now, Xi'an is brand new, new I mean not only she has more subways, expressways and high-speed railways, but she is much more culturally and economically confident!

If you happen to meet your guy in Xi'an, no need to come back to Wuhan! I don't think your parents will worry about the distance. Now it takes 4 hours by train (1000+km) from Wuhan and will be less than 3 hours when the direct Xi'an-Wuhan HSR opens (750km, around 2020). When you choose a university, actually you are choosing your second hometown in your life! I reckon Shanghai as my second hometown. @Shotgunner51 @GS Zhou

https://defence.pk/threads/welcome-...-travel-half-world.443526/page-3#post-8560062
Yinchuan-Xi'an HSR-1.png

https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-metro-news-updates.412018/page-4#post-8009092

@Chinese Bamboo I guess when you arrived in Xi'an for the first time you were at this brand new airport-live High-speed Railway hub.
0824ab18972bd40736143aa579899e510eb30992.jpg

A couple of years ago I took a long-distance train to Xi'an spending a whole night....
And I was at
120605154894538b203a7181e4.jpg
001W57V3gy6HymjFqIE60&690.jpeg

The region around this old railway station was notorious.....chaotic and dirty
BUT
A couple of years later, you will see a brand new one taking place of the old one, and it will be magnificent!
134617mvckxzk4x6m3zp7v.jpg
1346152cuzb355u2tizbbi.jpg
320_727687_9bf52b05a443d72.jpg

@Chinese Bamboo Have you taken Xi'an subway yet?
Though I've never been to Xi'an after Xi'an subway opened, I think the whole project is an art in terms of the interior design....just like the city!

Encounter Xi'an :smitten:

Last edited:
I like Xi'an and Hangzhou city where are rich in culture. I traveled to both cities many times when I am HRM years ago. Many outstanding universities and students.

I also provided many tests which include logical and style tests for campus recruiting project. Their performances are really good through the samples.

The Xi'an and Hangzhou city are very important target cities for campus recruitment in China.

I like Xi'an and Hangzhou city where are rich in culture. I traveled to both cities many times when I am HRM years ago. Many outstanding universities and students.

I also provided many tests which include logical and style tests for campus recruiting project. Their performances are really good through the samples.

The Xi'an and Hangzhou city are very important target cities for campus recruitment in China.
Hello, aren't you from Changsha?
My city is the biggest target of students in your province other than Changsha!!!
8-)

5:24

HUST graduates occupy Shenzhen!!!

Last edited:
:azn:
@jkroo 8-)
Wuhan Uni graduates occupy Southern China!
Yes, I traveled many many times from Changsha to Guangzhou and Changsha to Wuhan from 2009 when Wuguang HSR line start to operate. Not less than 50 times:D

I was familiar with Wuhan and Guangzhou city. At that time I am in automobile industry focused most on related majors. So usually I go to Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan University of Science and Technology to recruit automobile talents. Central China Normal University and Wuhan University for administrative talents.

And yes Wuhan is a hub city of education. So does automobile industry.:enjoy: You know, Changsha(plus Zhuzhou and Xiangtan) play a competitive role of Wuhan in southern China.

Meanwhile,Hunan's universities is good enough.:enjoy: Central South University, Hunan University and the most important National University of Defense Techonology rank a good place in China.

I was in a MNC at that time. Also, I had some personal experiences to talk with some Indian engineers. I asked them how about Changsha city. They said Changsha is quite developed.:D

@AndrewJin Watch out, Changsha get ready to take Wuhan's place in the coming years.:partay:

PS. Wuhan and Changsha play as the engine for the development of the middle Yangtze river areas (central China). Go team go ancient Chu Kindom.:cheers:

Universities in China's 5 autonomous regions

Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
Guangxi University For Nationalities

Guangxi Normal University
produced by Indonesian students

@Daniel808 @Brainsucker

Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region
Ningxia University
@Jlaw @Echo_419 The first Canadian dude speaks quite decent Chinese.
@waz @Rasengan The other Pakistani dude also does well.

Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region
Xinjiang University

Xizang Tibetan Autonomous Region
Xizang University

Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Inner Mongolia Medical University

@Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet @Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @kuge@Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium@55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @immortalsoul @beijingwalker @xunzi @Obambam @ahtan_china @bolo @bobsm @Joe Shearer @Abacin @Tom99 @Genesis @GS Zhou @djsjs @Daniel808 @Nan Yang @Spring Onion @70U63 ]@CAPRICORN-88 @XiaoYaoZi @Hu Songshan @theniubt @LTE-TDD @faithfulguy @Mista @bolo @grey boy 2 @Fattyacids @Echo_419 @PARIKRAMA @el che @simple Brain @endyashainin @Bussard Ramjet @Nilgiri @anant_s @Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @Godman @PaklovesTurkiye @Lure @Rasengan et al

Pakistani students in recent years have decided to study in China because the level of education is very good. The price is also very good, unlike their western counterparts. In the future, the cultural link between Pakistan and China will increase as our trade expands and tourism increases. Already school's in Pakistan are teaching Mandarin to their students.

Impressed. That is future right there. With the combination of native cultures and modern designated infrastructures, this is successful receipt for becoming the next superpower. I would love to tour China one day to explore the real beauty. For me, the real beauty is nature, but modern landscape is bonus. :)

Pakistani students in recent years have decided to study in China because the level of education is very good. The price is also very good, unlike their western counterparts. In the future, the cultural link between Pakistan and China will increase as our trade expands and tourism increases. Already school's in Pakistan are teaching Mandarin to their students.
你是哪所大学毕业的?

The higher education in Guangzhou

Sun Yat-sen University
4 campuses and 7 medical centres
SysUniversity.jpg

In memory of 150th anniversary of the birth of Dr. Sun Yat-sen
and celebrating the graduation season of 2016

South China University of Technology
200px-Scut_logo.jpg

South China Normal University
South_China_Normal_University_logo.png

Jinan University
For overseas Chinese, administered by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office

200px-JNUlogo.jpg.jpg

@Jlaw @terranMarine @Daniel808 @Mista

Southern Medical University
formerly known as First Military Medical University
6 medical centres and numerous military medical centres
250px-Southern_Medical_University_Badge.jpg

The higher education in Guangzhou

Sun Yat-sen University
4 campuses and 7 medical centres
View attachment 333802

In memory of 150th anniversary of the birth of Dr. Sun Yat-sen
and celebrating the graduation season of 2016

South China University of Technology
View attachment 333803

South China Normal University
View attachment 333804

Jinan University
For overseas Chinese, administered by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office

View attachment 333805

@Jlaw @terranMarine @Daniel808 @Mista

Southern Medical University
formerly known as First Military Medical University
6 medical centres and numerous military medical centres
View attachment 333806

Yes, Guangzhou rule!

Yes, Guangzhou rule!
I just find out, apart from Shenzhen University introduced in
https://defence.pk/threads/the-rise-of-higher-education-in-greater-china.448468/page-3#post-8670301

there is a brand new university (newer than the birth of Shenzhen and Shenzhen Uni), SUSTech. It aims at become a top university in the world within a short time.

Southern University of Science and Technology
Founded in 2011
Southern_University_of_Science_and_Technology_logo.png

According to the Chinese Ministry of Education, SUSTC is a platform to experiment Chinese higher education reform. The governments of the city of Shenzhen and Guangdong province are also investing heavily in SUSTC. Thus far, SUSTC has 12 departments, 17 academic programs and 26 research centres. Despite being a public university, SUSTC is administrated by the government of Guangdong province instead of the Chinese Ministry of Education.

63d116385343fbf2836c11c7b67eca8064388f1b.jpg
210912007-nanfangkejidaxue-guihua-fengguochuan.jpg

Shenzhen+Guangzhou+HK....this region is insane....
@GS Zhou @Shotgunner51 @cnleio @Daniel808 @Bussard Ramjet @Chinese-Dragon

Impressed. That is future right there. With the combination of native cultures and modern designated infrastructures, this is successful receipt for becoming the next superpower. I would love to tour China one day to explore the real beauty. For me, the real beauty is nature, but modern landscape is bonus. :)
Welcome!!!
China is rich in both natural and modern landscape!

I just find out, apart from Shenzhen University introduced in
https://defence.pk/threads/the-rise-of-higher-education-in-greater-china.448468/page-3#post-8670301

there is a brand new university (newer than the birth of Shenzhen and Shenzhen Uni), SUSTech. It aims at become a top university in the world within a short time.

Southern University of Science and Technology
Founded in 2011
View attachment 333809

According to the Chinese Ministry of Education, SUSTC is a platform to experiment Chinese higher education reform. The governments of the city of Shenzhen and Guangdong province are also investing heavily in SUSTC. Thus far, SUSTC has 12 departments, 17 academic programs and 26 research centres. Despite being a public university, SUSTC is administrated by the government of Guangdong province instead of the Chinese Ministry of Education.

View attachment 333812 View attachment 333811

Shenzhen+Guangzhou+HK....this region is insane....
@GS Zhou @Shotgunner51 @cnleio @Daniel808 @Bussard Ramjet @Chinese-Dragon

Welcome!!!
China is rich in both natural and modern landscape!
SUStech is ranked quite high for a 5 year old university.

Slowly but steadily our ranking is increasing every year.
Actually, I figure Chinese university rankings should increase rapidly in the next decade, at least in engineering. It is China, not the West, that possesses the majority of the world's practicing high-tech engineers now and one can expect large numbers to soon start to move into academia, where their expertise will attract Chinese who would otherwise be interested in going abroad.

SUStech is ranked quite high for a 5 year old university.
The tendency of the China's higher education is more important.
The ranking of specific universities are not that important.
Most Chinese universities are more or less focused on specific areas....
Like the university where my family lives.....is focused on geoscience.....

This one.....its ranking is irrelevant to China
Beihang University, previously known as Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Beihang_University_logo.gif

China University of Petroleum
230px-China_University_Of_Petroleum_badge.svg.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom