What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

The following photos were taken in this March when I visited the campus to view cherry blossoms.
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 14.37.12.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.18.21.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.17.24.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.18.33.png

Retired professors
屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.17.05.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.17.11.png

Beautiful photos, the surrounding is very scenic with all those colorful leaves
The surrounding district of the campus is also charming, where Wuhan's central culture district is located and also there are beautiful mountains and lakes. When u walk in that region, you feel young, most people around you are students or fresh graduates seeking a fortune in the nearby dynamic Optic Valley.
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 15.18.06.png

East Lake
屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.19.32.png

屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.19.46.png

屏幕快照 2015-06-16 22.19.57.png

@terranMarine Walk from the northern gate by the East Lake to the Chu River is the Central Culture District. Thanks to Wanda Group, former slums are now beautiful streets where thousands of locals will spend their leisure time everyday, watching shows and movies, reading in the biggest local library or tasting the most authentic Chinese food.
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 15.25.39.png

屏幕快照 2015-06-17 15.41.16.png

174961152201504282052133976548691347_009.jpg
174961152201504282052133976548691347_000.jpg

Provincial Library in CCD
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 15.36.33.png

@AndrewJin
Wuhan is on my list to visit, the place looks very developed
Well, Central China as whole has a long way to go to match the east. There are massive redevelopment projects everywhere in Wuhan as well as other metropolis in Central China, I don't suggest you visit Wuhan now since the traffic is influenced by too many metro construction sites and numerous rapid road projects.

But if you are interested in the history of Republic of China and late Qing Dynasty(1911 Revolution) , and if you are interested in Wuhan's breakfast culture. do come! Located in the very centre of China, Wuhan is well linked to all major cities of mideast by high-speed railway, sometimes people transfer in Wuhan and to spend one or two days here for local food and history-related attractions is a good choice.

Our slogan, Wuhan, different everyday!:-)
The first Yangtze river bridge in China, have a relaxing walk on it!

屏幕快照 2015-06-17 15.54.42.png

East Lake, the biggest lake surrounded by city

屏幕快照 2015-06-17 15.55.02.png

Wanda's indoor cinema park, enjoy high-tech and thrilling excitement!

屏幕快照 2015-06-17 15.55.16.png

Shopping in more than 10 newly built malls of 2014 and more than 10 shopping centres due to open in 2015

屏幕快照 2015-06-17 17.08.55.png

Educate yourself with the history of a century of humiliation

屏幕快照 2015-06-17 16.30.48.png

Old streets never die away, more vibrant than ever
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 16.52.31.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 16.54.42.png

Last edited:
@AndrewJin Thanks for the advice, i'm not planning to go to Wuhan yet. Hopefully less constructions going on by the time i will visit this superb place.

@Armstrong @Rasengan Well, that super trolling thread from Supa Powa was closed before i could upload some photos.
Lanzhou Noodle is literally everywhere in China, almost on every street. Within 1 km from my apartment, there are at least five. Muslim food there is cheap, clean, and above all, very delicious and healthy. So no worries about food here when traveling. :-)

My favourite, dry noodle/rice, beef with green pepper.
(That day all rice was sold out, so I had to order noodle, but I don't like noodle with soup)
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 19.04.59.png

Too many choices
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 19.07.59.png

This one is on the main boulevard in Wuhan, so the price is 1-3yuan higher.
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 19.07.42.png

Halal only! @Armstrong
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 19.05.07.png

Muslim restaurants in China, no matter big or small one like Lanzhou Noodle, are always clean. Not with fancy decoration, but it's very comfortable to eat.
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 19.19.09.png

Last edited:
Sister ZenZen, I could not respond to your message since the thread has been locked. However I will post it here:)

Who can forget Guan Yu's loyalty to his cherish Brother Lui Bei, when he had the will power to refuse political patronage and greed from Cao Cao. My friend from Chengdu recounted a famous legend of Guan Yu which explained the idea that he was such a ferocious warrior, that once he received a flesh wound from an enemy and the doctor was operating on him. Guan Yu was playing Chinese Chess and did not show an ounce of pain or discomfort during the whole procedure. Even though this story could be fabricated, the moral of the story is that Guan Yu had the heart and mindset of a Lion...and we Pakistani's respect ferocious warriors. So your from Shanghai..what a wonderful city. There is a famous proverb from Shanghai which I absolutely love "If you turn your head backwards then you will be left behind". The meaning of the quote symbolizes how fast things move in Shanghai:) I would be honored to visit you in Shanghai:) Nice to sit near the bund and view the harbor.

@Armstrong @Rasengan Well, that super trolling thread from Supa Powa was closed before i could upload some photos.
Lanzhou Noodle is literally everywhere in China, almost on every street. Within 1 km from my apartment, there are at least five. Muslim food there is cheap, clean, and above all, very delicious and healthy. So no worries about food here when traveling. :-)

My favourite, dry noodle/rice, beef with green pepper.
(That day all rice was sold out, so I had to order noodle, but I don't like noodle with soup)
Muslim restaurants in China, no matter big or small one like Lanzhou Noodle, are always clean. Not with fancy decoration, but it's very comfortable to eat.
View attachment 230330

I am glad to see that the thread was closed:) What is the price for Lanzhou noodles in your area? I love all types of food from China although I did not like Dalian cuisine because fish their is too strong and Dangdong is influenced by north Korean cuisine. The best restaurants in China are the one's which don't look fancy and are cheap because its real soul food. However do you like to eat lamb?

I am glad to see that the thread was closed:) What is the price for Lanzhou noodles in your area? I love all types of food from China although I did not like Dalian cuisine because fish their is too strong and Dangdong is influenced by north Korean cuisine. The best restaurants in China are the one's which don't look fancy and are cheap because its real soul food. However do you like to eat lamb?
It depends on the location of Lanzhou Noodle. Generally, 5-6yuan for small bowl of beef noodle and 8-9yuan for big bowl.

I like this combination. (photo taken in Shanghai)
rice with beef and pepper, 10yuan (in shanghai)
beef soup, 10yuan
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 19.39.00.png

Frankly speaking, I eat lamb and beef less often. I am generally into vegetables. If we have 4 dishes at home, at least 3 dishes are veggie, the last one is generally egg soup.:-) I have lamb mostly in BBQ restaurant or for Sichuan hot pot. In my memory, we have never had lamb at home(beaf hot pot quite often, especially in winter)
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 19.44.50.png

Sister ZenZen, I could not respond to your message since the thread has been locked. However I will post it here:)

Who can forget Guan Yu's loyalty to his cherish Brother Lui Bei, when he had the will power to refuse political patronage and greed from Cao Cao. My friend from Chengdu recounted a famous legend of Guan Yu which explained the idea that he was such a ferocious warrior, that once he received a flesh wound from an enemy and the doctor was operating on him. Guan Yu was playing Chinese Chess and did not show an ounce of pain or discomfort during the whole procedure. Even though this story could be fabricated, the moral of the story is that Guan Yu had the heart and mindset of a Lion...and we Pakistani's respect ferocious warriors. So your from Shanghai..what a wonderful city. There is a famous proverb from Shanghai which I absolutely love "If you turn your head backwards then you will be left behind". The meaning of the quote symbolizes how fast things move in Shanghai:) I would be honored to visit you in Shanghai:) Nice to sit near the bund and view the harbor.

haha,u really know a lot about three kingdoms,i like Guan Yu too. in fact we have many such persons in history,when i was a kid i was surounded by and immersed in all kinds of colourful stories, if u get to know them,u will understand our moral codes,including filial,loyal,courtesy,respect and so on.
anyway,welcome to shanghai,im sure u will get a totally different sense of this city compared to any other cities u have been to.

Back
Top Bottom