What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

It depends on the location of Lanzhou Noodle. Generally, 5-6yuan for small bowl of beef noodle and 8-9yuan for big bowl.

I like this combination. (photo taken in Shanghai)
rice with beef and pepper, 10yuan (in shanghai)
beef soup, 10yuan
View attachment 230335

Brother you are making me hungry and it bring back so many happy memories. 5-6 yuan is so cheap and the food is so tasty:) Rice with beef and pepper is a winning combination especially how the Chinese tend to cook beef. However you must try Uighur lamb BBQ when they spit roast a whole lamb on a fire, meat is very tended and succulent.

Frankly speaking, I eat lamb and beef less often. I am generally into vegetables. If we have 4 dishes at home, at least 3 dishes are veggie, the last one is generally egg soup.:-) I have lamb mostly in BBQ restaurant or for Sichuan hot pot. In my memory, we have never had lamb at home(beaf hot pot quite often, especially in winter)
View attachment 230336

What is your favorite vegetable? Most Chinese prefer to eat lamb in the winter, if my recollection serves me correctly. Have you tried the restaurant where they use soy bean as a substitute for meat? I think the vegetable is soy bean because it was not tofu.

Brother you are making me hungry and it bring back so many happy memories. 5-6 yuan is so cheap and the food is so tasty:) Rice with beef and pepper is a winning combination especially how the Chinese tend to cook beef. However you must try Uighur lamb BBQ when they spit roast a whole lamb on a fire, meat is very tended and succulent.

What is your favorite vegetable? Most Chinese prefer to eat lamb in the winter, if my recollection serves me correctly. Have you tried the restaurant where they use soy bean as a substitute for meat? I think the vegetable is soy bean because it was not tofu.
Soy bean and other substitutes are used in vegetarian restaurant to make food that looks like meat, tastes like meat, but not meat. So basically, vegetarians in China love the taste of meat but don't want to eat real meat.

Food in a vegetarian restaurant affiliated to a Taoist temple in Wuhan.
709f9b58ga4a3a670f21a&690&690.jpeg

My favourite is green pepper, spicy species, not that sort of sweet pepper.:-)
Lamb in winter, yes, according to Chinese medicine, is very healthy. But not popular here in Hubei Province, we mostly have lamb for hot pot.
@Rasengan Gonna go back from library, I will have some food in Lanzhou Noodle.

haha,u really know a lot about three kingdoms,i like Guan Yu too. in fact we have many such persons in history,when i was a kid i was surounded by and immersed in all kinds of colourful stories, if u get to know them,u will understand our moral codes,including filial,loyal,courtesy,respect and so on.
anyway,welcome to shanghai,im sure u will get a totally different sense of this city compared to any other cities u have been to.

Another story in which I find fascinating is the relationship between Lu Bu and his step Father Dong Zhou in respect to Dai Chan. Chinese history is full of colorful stories and its always good to learn new things. For example the Tang Dynasty was the first civilization to use fiat money:) It has also been assumed that Zhang he reached America before the West during the early Ming Dynasty. China is very unique and a human being should always attempt to learn all cultures. I love the rivalry between Beijing and Shanghai:) I have friends from both cities and they use to attack each others city claiming which is the best one in China:)

Soy bean and other substitutes are used in vegetarian restaurant to make food that looks like meat, tastes like meat, but not meat. So basically, vegetarians in China love the taste of meat but don't want to eat real meat.

My favourite is green pepper, spicy species, not that sort of sweet pepper.:-)
Lamb in winter, yes, according to Chinese medicine, is very healthy. But not popular here in Hubei Province, we mostly have lamb for hot pot.
@Rasengan Gonna go back from library, I will have some food in Lanzhou Noodle.

This concept is very new in the West, so when my Chengdu friend was saying to me that I can give you a substitute for pork..my eyebrows were raised thinking what type of Panda cigarette he was smoking. However when I tried it Brother Jin it was amazing because literally its food heaven for vegetarians:) Be careful otherwise Supa Powa will comment on stealing there ingredients and recipes:). Apparently according to Chinese medicine lamb is not too good for women and you should consume less and only eat in the winter. Enjoy your meal Brother Jin and remember me while you are eating it:)

yummy, buddhist temple have nice vegetarian dishes too.
This one, 5yuan per person, eat as much as you like but never waste! Simple food, vegetable, tofu and seaweed soup, healthy!
The most popular one in Hangzhou, Faxi Temple
5337_13138462949N2D.jpg
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 20.10.31.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 20.10.49.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 20.10.36.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 20.11.07.png

After having this 5-yuan simple but healthy meal, have a walk in the neighbourhood or hike in the mountains which overlook West Lake. I have hiked around Faxi Temple for at least five times.
屏幕快照 2015-06-17 20.17.02.png

Climb to the top!
Hangzhou city and West Lake.
19048_13096845664gG5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, 我刚建了个群,289621603, 一起战斗!
@cirr @TaiShang @Chinese-Dragon @terranMarine @Beast @Jlaw @Keel @Edison Chen @cnleio 以及其他中国人。
wechat?

@Armstrong @Rasengan Well, that super trolling thread from Supa Powa was closed before i could upload some photos.
Lanzhou Noodle is literally everywhere in China, almost on every street. Within 1 km from my apartment, there are at least five. Muslim food there is cheap, clean, and above all, very delicious and healthy. So no worries about food here when traveling. :-)

My favourite, dry noodle/rice, beef with green pepper.
(That day all rice was sold out, so I had to order noodle, but I don't like noodle with soup)
View attachment 230326

Too many choices
View attachment 230328

This one is on the main boulevard in Wuhan, so the price is 1-3yuan higher.
View attachment 230329

Halal only! @Armstrong
View attachment 230327

Muslim restaurants in China, no matter big or small one like Lanzhou Noodle, are always clean. Not with fancy decoration, but it's very comfortable to eat.
View attachment 230330

I like that they give you more veggies from the noodles. Here, it's mainly all noodles and it cost $8 CAD or $55 rmb

China’s university invents 3D coloring technology
June 23, 2015

A three-dimensional coloring technology is invented by a research team of Zhejiang University. This technology can solve the problem of coloring three-dimensional objects. (Photo/ Xinhua)

A three-dimensional coloring technology is invented by a research team of Zhejiang University. This technology can solve the problem of coloring three-dimensional objects. (Photo/ Xinhua)

FOREIGN201506231503000028666519322.jpg

To many Chinese this is world first break through invention, if there is similar definitely copy from China:partay:

China’s university invents 3D coloring technology
June 23, 2015

FOREIGN201506231503000028666519322.jpg

Shows China is progressing very fast in 3D printing.

3D printing and robotics are crucial areas China must lead or be near the top.

Back
Top Bottom