What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

Sun Yat Sen University is one of the best in Guangzhou. And has one of the best medical schools in the whole of China.

Not everyone can even get into SYSU. :)

You have to :

1) have brains -- to get past the entrance exams

2) have money -- to afford the tuition

;)
well the tuition is not expensive... mine is around 7000 per year.
Well, to tell you the truth, Wuhan is the third education centre of mainland just after Beijing and Shanghai. But the sad news is, students go to Guangdong! If u do a little research, you will find that a large proportion of engineers and entrepreneurs from Shenzhen receive their education in Wuhan. Do you know Xiaomi's boss Lei Jun? He is from rural Hubei and studied in Wuhan University. We educate them but cannot let them settle here! A lost 2 decades before 2010!:cry:
View attachment 229083

@Nihonjin1051 Why is that? 5000-7000yuan per year for college anywhere in China! except for those art related.
we are of the same amount i think?

we are of the same amount i think?
I mean the education centre in general...It's arguable the third one is Wuhan, Nanjing or Xi'an. (Most educators think it's Wuhan as Top3). At least Wuhan is the largest. 1 million students ! We even have Top3 music college and Top3 agricultural university!

I see that SYSU also has a summer studies program for 6000, which is good. I think one of the plus of studying in China is the affordability, in lieu with quality of education. In fact this is the reason why theres more and more Japanese who prefer to do graduate and doctoral studies in China. Schools like Tsinghua, SYSU, South China Normal University, University of Ningbo is becoming popular for Japanese students who don't want to pay as much money in going to Japanese universities. Besides many of the international programs in said schools have their modicum in English, for example, I attended a summer seminar in Tsinghua couple of years back and instruction was not in Chinese , but in English.

Its attracting students form all over the world who want to learn more about China ; folks from Japan, Korea, Germany, Canada, USA, France etc etc were in attendance.

I mean the education centre in general...It's arguable the third one is Wuhan, Nanjing or Xi'an. (Most educators think it's Wuhan as Top3). At least Wuhan is the largest. 1 million students ! We even have Top3 music college and Top3 agricultural university!

Bro you really LOVE Wuhan eh! LOL!!!

Count my giant Chengdu in, please.

Well, to tell you the truth, Wuhan is the third education centre of mainland just after Beijing and Shanghai. But the sad news is, students go to Guangdong! If u do a little research, you will find that a large proportion of engineers and entrepreneurs from Shenzhen receive their education in Wuhan. Do you know Xiaomi's boss Lei Jun? He is from rural Hubei and studied in Wuhan University. We educate them but cannot let them settle here! A lost 2 decades before 2010!:cry:
View attachment 229083

@Nihonjin1051 Why is that? 5000-7000yuan per year for college anywhere in China! except for those art related.

More exactly, 21 from Mainland China.

if lei jun stayed in wuhan, he could not achieve what he has done so far. then nobody cares about him. actually where the person comes from is of the least sense to any success story, the place of sucess matters the most. wuhan has such a huge talent pool, but cannot make use of them. that sucks. but i don't think this will last forever. my suggestion to you to react to this change is: buy as more real estates as possible in wuhan

The medical college in my university is 7500 yuan/year, top 4 medical colleges of mainland.

I think it is the culture in specific medical programs, buddy. For example in SYSU's College of Medicine, it is espoused for medical students to bow to patients (something that is done even in Japan). For one that I admire is that SYSU senior medical students (medican interns) who deal with organ transplants , they even are taught to bow to patients who are donating organs. This speaks volumes for the medical education in said school.

Let me illustrate:

Boy2-620x264.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-03-10-at-6.48.09-PM.png

if lei jun stayed in wuhan, he could not achieve what he has done so far. then nobody cares about him. actually where the person comes from is of the least sense to any success story, the place of sucess matters the most. wuhan has such a huge talent pool, but cannot make use of them. that sucks. but i don't think this will last forever. my suggestion to you to react to this change is: buy as more real estates as possible
Wuhan is a major industrial city, dominated by giant SOEs. It's a good place to have manufacturing, but lack in entrepreneur spirits.:( People prefer stability and leisure time, like having dinner by East Lake or on the Yangtze river cruise.

Count my giant Chengdu in, please.
Chengdu is the second biggest education centre in the west, TOP2 OF WESTERN CHINA! (first is Xi'an)

I know lot of Indians who could not get into IITs have joined NUS and University of HK, the number 2 and number 3 in the list.

Where Indian Institutes lack is investment in academic research. I am sure..as India grows economically, its investment in academic research too will grow so will the number of Institutes in the list.

Seriously? If it is in Wuhan, It cannot be even ranked as Top10!!!

Come on bro, its not always about ranking, its about the educational program culture and what programs offer. The name alone should not be the basis for choosing.

Don't laugh, it's serones and . They doubt, attack a lot of approved nature sience, so I said it surprised me they support universities.
Guess they will be arguing if shias universities are better than Sunni ones and vice versa :chilli::lol:

I know lot of Indians who could not get into IITs have joined NUS and University of HK.

Where Indian Institutes lack is investment in academic research. I am sure..as India grows economically, its investment in academic research too will grow so will the number of Institutes in the list.
Same case as in China, joining Harvard is relatively easier than joining Peking University.
Of course. Asian universities will get much better!

Come on bro, its not always about ranking, its about the educational program culture and what programs offer. The name alone should not be the basis for choosing.
True. But It's about the ranking of specialty!

@AndrewJin ,

In the United States they have a "cream of the crop" schools which are known as the Ivy League (University of Pennsylvania, MIT, Harvard, Cornell, Columbia etc etc). But there are also great universities in the United States that are not in that list, for example, Georgetown University, University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill), University of Notre Dame, Northwestern University, Rutgers University, Rowan University, University of California (Irving, Berkley etc), University of Stanford, University of Houston, etc etc etc.

In fact some of these schools that are not in the Ivy Ranking have better graduate programs that Ivy schools. For example Dartmouth College (an ivy school) doesn't even have a competitive graduate program. Heck, even University of Chicago (Booth School of Business) is better than Dartmouth in terms of economics, business management, human resource programs.

Its always a multidimensional aspect, bro.

Wuhan is a major industrial city, dominated by giant SOEs. It's a good place to have manufacturing, but lack in entrepreneur spirits.:( People prefer stability and leisure time, like having dinner by East Lake or on the Yangtze river cruise.

Chengdu is the second biggest education centre in the west, TOP2 OF WESTERN CHINA! (first is Xi'an)

No, our education center is larger than Xi'an. We have 4 national univerisities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom