What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

hehe at first i thought only my SYSU can make it... that would be very embarrassing for Guangdong (excluding HK).:rolleyes:.
Not a one in Shenzhen? I heard University of Shenzhen offers huge salary for teachers and researchers.

Bro, but the #1 school in China is in Guangdong. Remember that. ;)

LOL!
HK currently doesn't belong to Guangdong as a province...:lol:
So what, we have 3, just less than Beijing, Shanghai and HK in China!
And apparently, China University of Geoscience where I live is underestimated! Premier Wen graduated from this one.

And apparently, China University of Geoscience where I live is underestimated! Premier Wen graduated from this one.

This field of geoscience is promising. We still know little about the earth.

Hahahaha i sense a bit of competition in your post , bro! lol!

Anyways, the reason why I'm happy to see this progress in academic standing in China is because it benefits the entire region. Most importantly Japan. You have no idea that there are collaborative agreements between Japan and China in regards to graduate student exchange programs, and research programs that sends Japanese students to China, and brings in Chinese students to Japan. This is a plus and benefit for East Asia, and especially to the Chinese state, and the state of education of the nation.

Lastly, as for Guangdong, the only reason why I emphasize that Guangdong has 3 schools in the top 10 is because of shear numbers, bro. There are over 36 universities in Guangdong Province (it would be 50 or so if we were to include Hong Kong into the mix). In Guangzhou alone there are 12 major universities there, Guangzhou is not just a manufaturing or cultural heart of Guangdong, bro, but it is the intellectual seat of Southern China. One could even argue --- in the whole of China. This does not surprise me because Guangdong has maintained, culturally, the Tang-Dynasty's emphasis on education , and intellectual development.

This has always been a Cantonese tendency, the emphasis of education and learning. A trait that also extends to Teowchew and Hakka folks as well.

This field of geoscience is promising. We still know little about the earth.
My father studied geophysics but later when he began to teach there, he became a teacher in accounting in a university of geoscience....Still weird for me even today!

Three in Guangdong, bro: 1) University of Hong Kong, 2) South China University of Technology and 3) Sun Yat Sen University

Btw, Sun Yat Sen university is in the same standing as the prestigious Tsinghua University. Sun Yat Sen has a great Medical Faculty and many of the medical doctors that graduate from there actually have a exchange (residency) program with Japan's Sophia University and Keio University.

In the medical arts area, Japan and China are collaborating heavily ....!
well i meant the mainland ones;). also i see many other HK base Universities...
i didn't know that exchange program with Japan! how come you know more about my school than i am!!:mad:
Not a one in Shenzhen? I heard University of Shenzhen offers huge salary for teachers and researchers.
SZU has the money but its students mainly come from Shenzhen locals and it's not 一本 yet.
they have very good Art & Design Department i think.
also a medical school.

Anyways, the reason why I'm happy to see this progress in academic standing in China is because it benefits the entire region. Most importantly Japan. You have no idea that there are collaborative agreements between Japan and China in regards to graduate student exchange programs, and research programs that sends Japanese students to China, and brings in Chinese students to Japan. This is a plus and benefit for East Asia, and especially to the Chinese state, and the state of education of the nation.

Lastly, as for Guangdong, the only reason why I emphasize that Guangdong has 3 schools in the top 10 is because of shear numbers, bro. There are over 36 universities in Guangdong Province (it would be 50 or so if we were to include Hong Kong into the mix). In Guangzhou alone there are 12 major universities there, Guangzhou is not just a manufaturing or cultural heart of Guangdong, bro, but it is the intellectual seat of Southern China. One could even argue --- in the whole of China. This does not surprise me because Guangdong has maintained, culturally, the Tang-Dynasty's emphasis on education , and intellectual development.

This has always been a Cantonese tendency, the emphasis of education and learning. A trait that also extends to Teowchew and Hakka folks as well.
:ashamed:.

well i meant the mainland ones;). also i see many other HK base Universities...
i didn't know that exchange program with Japan! how come you know more about my school than i am!!:mad:

SZU has the money but its students mainly come from Shenzhen locals and it's not 一本 yet.
they have very good Art & Design Department i think.
also have a medical school .

Sun Yat Sen University is one of the best in Guangzhou. And has one of the best medical schools in the whole of China.

Not everyone can even get into SYSU. :)

You have to :

1) have brains -- to get past the entrance exams

2) have money -- to afford the tuition

;)

Well, to tell you the truth, Wuhan is the third education centre of mainland just after Beijing and Shanghai. But the sad news is, students go to Guangdong! If u do a little research, you will find that a large proportion of engineers and entrepreneurs from Shenzhen receive their education in Wuhan. Do you know Xiaomi's boss Lei Jun? He is from rural Hubei and studied in Wuhan University. We educate them but cannot let them settle here! A lost 2 decades before 2010!:cry:
174961152201504282127003528146317613_000.jpg

have money -- to afford the tuition
@Nihonjin1051 Why is that? 5000-7000yuan per year for college anywhere in China! except for those art related.

21 from China
More exactly, 21 from Mainland China.

Well, to tell you the truth, Wuhan is the third education centre of mainland just after Beijing and Shanghai. But the sad news is, students go to Guangdong! If u do a little research, you will find that a large proportion of engineers and entrepreneurs from Shenzhen receive their education in Wuhan. Do you know Xiaomi's boss Lei Jun? He is from rural Hubei and studied in Wuhan University. We educate them but cannot let them settle here! A lost 2 decades before 2010!:cry:
View attachment 229083

Its okay buddy. Its all about distribution of graduates into labor markets across the country. The reason for many folks going to Guangdong is because of the Pearl River Delta Urban project, which will aim to unite the three super cities (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong). As we speak, the bustling infrastructure activity in Shenzhen and Guangzhou even puts to shame what is going on in Beijing , Ningbo, Dalian and Shanghai.

Guangdong has not even reached 30% of its potential, so expect this region to even before greater in the coming decades. There is so much wealth capital in Guangdong it is not even funny , and i'm not trying to brag or boast, but just put it like it is.

@Nihonjin1051 Why is that? 5000-7000yuan per year for college anywhere in China! except for those art related.

That's just general studies program. Tuition for their medical program is significantly higher.

Its okay buddy. Its all about distribution of graduates into labor markets across the country. The reason for many folks going to Guangdong is because of the Pearl River Delta Urban project, which will aim to unite the three super cities (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong). As we speak, the bustling infrastructure activity in Shenzhen and Guangzhou even puts to shame what is going on in Beijing , Ningbo, Dalian and Shanghai.

Guangdong has not even reached 30% of its potential, so expect this region to even before greater in the coming decades. There is so much wealth capital in Guangdong it is not even funny , and i'm not trying to brag or boast, but just put it like it is.
So it means more graduates will not settle in Wuhan's Optic Valley and fly to Shenzhen?:(

That's just general studies program. Tuition for their medical program is significantly higher.
The medical college in my university is 7500 yuan/year, top 4 medical colleges of mainland.
Other programs charge 5000-6500yuan per year.

Back
Top Bottom