What's new

Graveyard of empires

Yes Alexander respected the Persians to the point that he was saddened when his enemy the Persian ruler was killed. However if you really read and examine what you have posted it points more to the Persians being in denial of the man who conquered them to the point that they reinvented the man to be half persian. :lol:

It goes both ways. Greek mythology claims Persians were born out of a Greek God. The article points to the fact that Iranians do not consider Alexander to be great, in despite of Alexander's fascination and admiration of Persian culture.

Alexander utterly defeated porus and his army. ...

Porus was defeated. But it was the last round win for Alexander.

. they [Greeks] were simply longing for their homes.

They didn't long for homes when rolling over Iranians, Afghanistanis.

But suddenly at Jehlum river they started longing.

hahahahahahahaha

hahhahahaahhaah

What a coward statement "simply longing". hahahaha.

Even areas around delhi revolved in 1857 war but no offence punjabis were worshippers of rising sun...they served british raj and fought for them against afghans and rest of india and even against turks in WW1....still in their books british admire their pathan enemies, but not their loyal subjects of punjab.

Indeed and I agree. Although none of my forefathers served in British Indian army because they considered it to be anti-Islam the Punjabis I will accept were British slaves. Like I said today however Punjabis are masters and Afghans fate will be determined by agreements between Washington and Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Punjab, Pakistan.

Good day :)

No, it was part of the Middle Eastern sub section in world history of which Iran had a huge part until we got to the rise of Islam portion. I also learned about it when we were on Ancient Greece again in both instances they do not say Alexander was conquered culturally although it is acknowledged he respected Persians alot. Then again I respect Persian history too, that doesn't mean I have been conquered culturally.

Unlike the Ancient Greeks or the Roman Empire, the ancient Persian Achaemenid Empire was not concerned with spreading its culture to the many peoples it conquered. Arguably the first recorded episode of persianization dates back to Alexander the Great, who after conquering the Persian Empire in the 4th century BCE adopted Persian dress, customs, court mannerisms, married a Persian princess, Stateira II, and made subjects cast themselves on their faces when approaching him, in Persian-style, known to Greeks as the custom of proskynesis (a symbolic kissing of the hand that Persians paid to their social superiors). Persian dress and practices were also observed by one Peucestas, who was later made satrap of Persis, where he conciliated the favour of the Persians to his rule, in exchange for those of Macedonians.

The effects of Persian hegemony in the eastern part of the Muslim world was strongly felt in the neighboring regions of South Asia particularly those adjacent to the Iranian plateau. Culturally, Persia had long contact with the natives of the Indus region and cultural exchanges definitely took place for millennia even before the original Achaemenid Empire conquered the Indus Valley (modern day Pakistan) in the 6th century BCE. Persian was the official language and lingua franca of north west India (modern day Pakistan) beginning with the Islamic conquest of Northern India by the Delhi Sultanate in the 13th century, up until 1849 when the British officially abolished its use and replaced it with Urdu (now the national language of Pakistan and an official language spoken in North India).

Persianization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do not cr@p your own thread by talking about FATA.

Dunno about number of doctors engineers INSIDE FATA.

The real problem is that FATA people have been absolutely failed to get rid of the most draconian, the most punitive system of the government called Frontier Crimes Regulations.

What's the use of all those educated people from FATA if they can't improve their own area.

it is time to end the stone age FCR.

Time to end it.

The draconian colonial FCR is imposed by pakistan, the successor of british raj.

It goes both ways. Greek mythology claims Persians were born out of a Greek God. The article points to the fact that Iranians do not consider Alexander to be great, in despite of Alexander's fascination and admiration of Persian culture.

That is because he conquered you and nobody appreciates a conqueror. Just like you guys curse Umar in Persia for the same reason.

Indeed and I agree. Although none of my forefathers served in British Indian army because they considered it to be anti-Islam the Punjabis I will accept were British slaves. Like I said today however Punjabis are masters and Afghans fate will be determined by agreements between Washington and Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Punjab, Pakistan.

Good day :)

I didnt say today's punjabis are slaves/servants. As a majority they are rulers of pakistan. 80% of army, 70% of judiciary, 70% of beurocracy and 63% of parliment is punjabi....

That is because he conquered you and nobody appreciates a conqueror. Just like you guys curse Umar in Persia for the same reason.

There is a difference between Alexander and Omar, since the former actually payed tribute to Persian culture. That is why modern-day aversion of Alexander among Iranians isn't entirely justified.

I didnt say today's punjabis are slaves/servants. As a majority they are rulers of pakistan. 80% of army, 70% of judiciary, 70% of beurocracy and 63% of parliment is punjabi....

First your stats are incorrect... also by now you should have known tht its hardwork tht gets you to places not ethnicity... in this country even a hazara man can become a COAS......I.E..General Musa Khan...

There is no Pakistani identity recorded in history. You guys are a modern invention and that is why your country is a mess nowadays.

ARe you a Persian?

or a Pakistani-Shia masquerading as an Ayatullahi slave $hit?

just curious.

Because the answer to your drivel depends on who you really are.

It is pathetic to see so many posters on PDF spreading ignorance nay arrogance without an iota of knowledge about Pakistan and Pakistani history.

Pathetic.

More than a Graveyard of empires - Af has become a nation of graves & graveyards.

Its worth noting the Graves & graveyards contain more Af ppl & their aspirations, hopes and their future than anything else.

The ' Empires' are still thriving even today but what has become of the nation is what matters.

Death is in allah hands and it will come to every body one day....what is best death other than in jihad against foriegn occupation?

Pak-one, if you can understand Pashto, does this language sounds familiar to you? Its Ossetian, another Iranian people, who speak Eastern Iranian like Pashtuns too:

Кæд дæхи хоныс ирон, уæд дæ мадæлон æвзаг зон - YouTube

ARe you a Persian?

I am Iranian.

It is pathetic to see so many posters on PDF spreading ignorance nay arrogance without an iota of knowledge about Pakistan and Pakistani history.

There is nothing wrong with what I've said.

The draconian colonial FCR is imposed by pakistan, the successor of british raj.

Well sadly it is true that Pakistani government in cahoots with big Khans and Maliks of FATA, let the draconian rules continue on even after 1947.

Who can deny that fact, that FAT Maliks and Khans are milking Pakistani taxpayers,

while

utterly refusing the bring about a well deserved change in the law that mistreats their own people.

Truly sad.

And what is doubly sad.

That intellectuals like yourself, spend so much time on rolling in ethnic $hit, instead of posting and asking for ways to change the lives of FATA people.

IN some ways, your posts are helping the tribal Khans and Maliks to extend the draconian FCR, because you refuse to make that as number 1 priority.

peace

Back
Top Bottom