What's new

Graveyard of empires

Not really, they are good businessmen, heck there are even a lot of doctors and engineers, but can't say the same about afghs

FATA has more doctors, engineers and CSS officers than rural sindhis, still its in stone ages.

I pity the teachers who teach history in Pakistan.

I learned history here in the States. Our schools are considered top of the line compared to anything Iran or Amsterdam can offer. Yet there is no such talk of Alexander being conquered culturally in world history courses here? Strange indeed. :coffee:

Okay man.,, i agree alexander never conquered Iran... he just came and asked the persians if he could be their king...:lol:

Although Alexander is characterised by the Persians as a destroyer, a reckless and somewhat feckless youth, the evidence suggests that he retained a healthy respect for the Persians themselves.

Alexander came to regret the destruction his invasion caused. Coming across the plundered tomb of Cyrus the Great in Pasargad, a little north of Persepolis, he was much distressed by what he found and immediately ordered repairs to be made.

Had he lived beyond his 32 years, he may yet have restored and repaired much more. In time, the Persians were to come to terms with their Macedonian conqueror, absorbing him, as other conquerors after him, into the fabric of national history.

And thus it is that in the great Iranian national epic, the Shahnameh, written in the 10th Century AD, Alexander is no longer a wholly foreign prince but one born of a Persian father.

It is a myth, but one that perhaps betrays more truth than the appearance of history may like to reveal.

Like other conquerors who followed in his footsteps even the great Alexander came to be seduced and absorbed into the idea of Iran.

BBC News - Alexander the not so Great: History through Persian eyes

There is no Pakistani identity recorded in history. You guys are a modern invention and that is why your country is a mess nowadays.

well brother our country is in mess only because of some bad steps taken by our leaders in the past

not really because of the common pakistanis

What does that mean; being completely Pakistani in nature? As far as I know, you guys lack a national, historical and cultural identity. Besides Islam there is no historical identity related to being a Pakistani. If it wasn't for Islam you guys were probably still part of India.

Pakistani culture is a mix of Punjabi, Pashtun, Sindhi, Balochi, Gilgiti, and some Kashmiri. India only shares some Punjabi culture with Pakistan besides that they have nothing in common with Pakistan at all (the rest of India).

I learned history here in the States. Our schools are considered top of the line compared to anything Iran or Amsterdam can offer. Yet there is no such talk of Alexander being conquered culturally in world history courses here? Strange indeed. :coffee:

Unless you are taking an Iranian historical course, I am not surprised you know nothing about Alexander's reign in Persia.

There is no Pakistani identity recorded in history. You guys are a modern invention and that is why your country is a mess nowadays.

Who cares .. we are DAMN PROUD OF OUR COUNTRY... we sacrificed and got our country... as for mess.... well as they say... after every night there is a brighter morning.. or something like tht..

FATA has more doctors, engineers and CSS officers than rural sindhis, still its in stone ages.

Do not cr@p your own thread by talking about FATA.

Dunno about number of doctors engineers INSIDE FATA.

The real problem is that FATA people have been absolutely failed to get rid of the most draconian, the most punitive system of the government called Frontier Crimes Regulations.

What's the use of all those educated people from FATA if they can't improve their own area.

it is time to end the stone age FCR.

Time to end it.

They will be taken care of in the end but your ethnic dribble does nothing to help them.

As for the Afghans the majority are poorer in Afghanistan than even the ones who are running around in Pakistan. Why you think so many do not want to leave? In which case I don't expect khodi, bravery, and ghairat from any Afghan. So spare us because when you say the rest of the Pakistanis were British slaves then I will respond in kind that today we are the Masters.

Good day :)
Even areas around delhi revolved in 1857 war but no offence punjabis were worshippers of rising sun...they served british raj and fought for them against afghans and rest of india and even against turks in WW1....still in their books british admire their pathan enemies, but not their loyal subjects of punjab.

Unless you are taking an Iranian historical course, I am not surprised you know nothing about Alexander's reign in Persia.

No, it was part of the Middle Eastern sub section in world history of which Iran had a huge part until we got to the rise of Islam portion. I also learned about it when we were on Ancient Greece again in both instances they do not say Alexander was conquered culturally although it is acknowledged he respected Persians alot. Then again I respect Persian history too, that doesn't mean I have been conquered culturally.

Back
Top Bottom