What's new

Graveyard of empires

No, the fact that Alexander took over Iranian customs, married an Iranian woman and called himself the King of Persia. So in the end it was Alexander and its troops who were conquered, not physically, but culturally, which is a much greater achievement.

He called himself King of Persia because he conquered Persia. :lol:

If you stay in one place long enough you will adopt their culture, Alexander adopted Persian culture to gain Persian favor as many Persians willfully served in his army as he marched ahead. The remnants of his empires that followed became completely emursed in the culture of the respective area the diadochi ran their kingdom. So its no big deal, today Greek descedents in Pakistan are completely Pakistani in nature.

If you stay in one place long enough you will adopt their culture, Alexander adopted Persian culture to gain Persian favor as many Persians willfully served in his army as he marched ahead. The remnants of his empires that followed became completely emursed in the culture of the respective area the diadochi ran their kingdom. So its no big deal, today Greek descedents in Pakistan are completely Pakistani in nature.

The Kalash theory isnt proven...

Are these crimes exclusive to any ethnicity?

No but you like to play the ethnic card everywhere so it is sufficient to let you know which ethnicity is known to be the majority in said crimes.

The Kalash theory isnt proven...

Whether they are Greek descedents or not they are from outside of what was then India and are now completely Pakistani although I believe they have a different religion or something.

I will give you another example, the makranis who were orginally Africans have been in Pakistan long enough that now they are completely Pakistani.

The Greeks faced the greatest resistance in modern-day Afghanistan. From all people, Iranians (Persians, Kurds, Pashtuns) have never been conquered culturally or intellectually. Alexander died wearing Persian clothes.

Yeah.

Resistance is always there. Not a big deal for a top level conquerer and predator.

If a large scale army (considering the time period, and logistical supply capabilities), can walk across your country, and move on to the next, they got you nailed.

It is that simple.

Alexander's campaign fizzled in modern Punjab, Pakistan.

The terrain and the people were too much for Alexander and he quit due to ill health and poor morale of his soldiers.

He was able to cross Sindh River, but Jehlum crossing put the nail in his military campaign's coffin.

While he could survive Iranian terrain, and Afghanistani hills, he could not deal with area known as "Pothohar of Punjab" Pakistan.

Interestingly, the area around Jehlum is the one from where every other empire and government (Moghals, British etc.) has recruited soldiers for centuries after centuries.

I am not trying to boast or anything. Just adding a bit to the history of that great campaign.

peace

p.s. Alexander dying in Iranian / Persian clothes is something new to me. May be he as many warriors put on the clothes of those he killed in battle. As a trophy.

No, it was because he was fascinated by Persia and its ancient kings, like Cyrus.

If you stay in one place long enough you will adopt their culture, Alexander adopted Persian culture to gain Persian favor as many Persians willfully served in his army as he marched ahead.

Did you made this up yourself? Alexander had read Cyropaedia, was a huge admirer of Cyrus the Great and grew up fascinating Persia and its mysticism. The guy immediately took over Persian customs, ordered his generals and officers to marry Persian women and saw himself as the rightly successor of Cyrus.

Today if I go to Lahore I will find plenty of refugee Afghan who will polish my Punjabi boots. :lol:

The nokur in my Lahore home are all Afghan. :rofl:
Ghairat you said?

Ever heard of word "muflisi", islam has warned us about it....these are afghans who are homeless, you dont expect virtues from people in such state. i was talking about afghans of homeland...even in kabul or kandahar you dont expect khodi, bravery and ghairat, from beggers on streets.
Let me tell you a crueler fact, the ghairatmand tribal IDPs of FATA are turning into beggers and muflisi....

I forgot about rural sindh, the people there are from ancient times.

Not really, they are good businessmen, heck there are even a lot of doctors and engineers, but can't say the same about afghs

Bruv please... he was a conquerer just like mongols...he took wives from various countries tht he conquered... and lived and died like a greek or macedonian... and even practised greek religion...

I pity the teachers who teach history in Pakistan.

Yeah.

Resistance is always there. Not a big deal for a top level conquerer and predator.

If a large scale army (considering the time period, and logistical supply capabilities), can walk across your country, and move on to the next, they got you nailed.

It is that simple.

Alexander's campaign fizzled in modern Punjab, Pakistan.

The terrain and the people were too much for Alexander and he quit due to ill health and poor morale of his soldiers.

He was able to cross Sindh River, but Jehlum crossing put the nail in his military campaign's coffin.

While he could survive Iranian terrain, and Afghanistani hills, he could not deal with area known as "Pothohar of Punjab" Pakistan.

Interestingly, the area around Jehlum is the one from where every other empire and government (Moghals, British etc.) has recruited soldiers for centuries after centuries.

I am not trying to boast or anything. Just adding a bit to the history of that great campaign.

peace

p.s. Alexander dying in Iranian / Persian clothes is something new to me. May be he as many warriors put on the clothes of those he killed in battle. As a trophy.

Alexander utterly defeated porus and his army. Greek army didnt return to greece because jehlum was offering them tough resistance, they were simply longing for their homes.

Ever heard of word "muflisi", islam has warned us about it....these are afghans who are homeless, you dont expect virtues from people in such state. i was talking about afghans of homeland...even in kabul or kandahar you dont expect khodi, bravery and ghairat, from beggers on streets.
Let me tell you a crueler fact, the ghairatmand tribal IDPs of FATA are turning into beggers and muflisi....

They will be taken care of in the end but your ethnic dribble does nothing to help them.

As for the Afghans the majority are poorer in Afghanistan than even the ones who are running around in Pakistan. Why you think so many do not want to leave? In which case I don't expect khodi, bravery, and ghairat from any Afghan. So spare us because when you say the rest of the Pakistanis were British slaves then I will respond in kind that today we are the Masters.

Good day :)

What does that mean; being completely Pakistani in nature? As far as I know, you guys lack a national, historical and cultural identity. Besides Islam there is no historical identity related to being a Pakistani. If it wasn't for Islam you guys were probably still part of India.

Historically this region was never part of india... except for a few rules...

Back
Top Bottom