What's new

Govt wants establishment to endorse IMF conditions at an NSC meeting or it will step down

I wouln't even wish for our enemies to have a generals like Bajwa and co. they are so disgusting man... our country was on the right path and they did this. I hope they rot in hell for eternity.

Iss tarha kay bayghaerat Pakistan ki he qismat main likhay haen.

ISLAMABAD:The PML-N led coalition government wants the powerful circles of the country to take ownership of the “tough” economic decisions through the National Security Committee (NSC) meeting, it emerged on Sunday.Sources in the ruling alliance told The Express Tribune that the multi-party government had been delaying the announcement of some key decisions aimed at steering the country out of its economic crisis as it wanted the powerful stakeholders on the same page before burning its political capital.“They [security establishment] sit in the NSC [meeting]. There is no security situation more important than a worsening economy,” a lawmaker in the ruling alliance said.“They cannot be mere spectators as the government makes tough decisions and burn its political capital to solve the grave economic problems that the PTI created during its four years. The same security establishment sat in the NSC meetings and supported those decisions,” he added.There is an ongoing stalemate between the government and the powerful stakeholders over the delay on ending subsidy on petroleum products to revive the International Monetary Fund (IMF) programme.“If they [security establishment] don’t take ownership of the tough decisions, then it is best not to stay in the government,” the lawmaker added. “It’s not a question of assurance…it’s about the ownership of the decisions.”

When PTI govt was burning its political capital by raising dollar, fuel prices to fix the economic mess left behind by Patwari govt before it, no help came from establishment or media. Now all of a sudden this imported govt wants establishment's help so they don't lose political capital by taking the same tough and unpopular economic decisions PTI govt took to stabilize the economy. Ironically they are the same people who only months ago wanted establishment to become neural so that they could topple PTI govt. Now they are giving ultimatums that either establishment help them or they will resign. Hypocrites of the highest order...
:lol::lol::lol:

@Ssan @ziaulislam @Ghazwa-e-Hind @ghazi52 @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @El Sidd @VCheng @RescueRanger @Jungibaaz @Zibago @Zarvan @muhammadhafeezmalik @Chak Bamu @khail007 @koolio @Verve @HRK @AZADPAKISTAN2009
This is nothing but topi drama, both are in it together. They are putting up this smoke screen to get IK to back down, but lets see. 25th is the date, either we survive as a country or forever we will be surrendered to slavery of corrupt elites. These corrupt generals sacrificed the whole nation for their greed and few million dollars. What a shame.

I can understand where you are coming from but Pakistan is not China, over here the state is incapable of running businesses. PSO, PIA, Steel Mills, and Pakistan Post should have been made private a long time ago. If the local watch company fails to innovate then how is that the fault of IMF or World Bank?
Exactly thing like India, tell me
Is government needed to own a bakery company, indian government did .
Although india had psus for almost all things and many remain and are in profit , but usless ones have been privatised .
Remaining ones perform due to fears of privatisation.

ISLAMABAD:The PML-N led coalition government wants the powerful circles of the country to take ownership of the “tough” economic decisions through the National Security Committee (NSC) meeting, it emerged on Sunday.Sources in the ruling alliance told The Express Tribune that the multi-party government had been delaying the announcement of some key decisions aimed at steering the country out of its economic crisis as it wanted the powerful stakeholders on the same page before burning its political capital.“They [security establishment] sit in the NSC [meeting]. There is no security situation more important than a worsening economy,” a lawmaker in the ruling alliance said.“They cannot be mere spectators as the government makes tough decisions and burn its political capital to solve the grave economic problems that the PTI created during its four years. The same security establishment sat in the NSC meetings and supported those decisions,” he added.There is an ongoing stalemate between the government and the powerful stakeholders over the delay on ending subsidy on petroleum products to revive the International Monetary Fund (IMF) programme.“If they [security establishment] don’t take ownership of the tough decisions, then it is best not to stay in the government,” the lawmaker added. “It’s not a question of assurance…it’s about the ownership of the decisions.”

When PTI govt was burning its political capital by raising dollar, fuel prices to fix the economic mess left behind by Patwari govt before it, no help came from establishment or media. Now all of a sudden this imported govt wants establishment's help so they don't lose political capital by taking the same tough and unpopular economic decisions PTI govt took to stabilize the economy. Ironically they are the same people who only months ago wanted establishment to become neural so that they could topple PTI govt. Now they are giving ultimatums that either establishment help them or they will resign. Hypocrites of the highest order...

@Ssan @ziaulislam @Ghazwa-e-Hind @ghazi52 @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @El Sidd @VCheng @RescueRanger @Jungibaaz @Zibago @Zarvan @muhammadhafeezmalik @Chak Bamu @khail007 @koolio @Verve @HRK @AZADPAKISTAN2009

They want to put the blame on the establishment if things go the wrong way (it will anyways), Lol.

This is something that I cannot understand either, like wtf, are these two families more important than the country?
They are the country

Just like people had to come out to get rid of the British
People will have to be on single page for Pakistan to get rid of slavery
And no they aren't

A good 30-60% population support PMLN PPP &JUI

As long as the establishment keeps interfering in the politics of this country, this country will never prosper, not economically nor politically. That’s the bottom line. I don’t think they will ever stop tho, been happening since 1952. Imran was selected and made pm by establishment and now Shahbaz too is selected and made pm by the establishment on the orders of the 🇺🇸. The harsh reality is that our chief is also selected by the 🇺🇸. I feel sorry for those poor souls who worship and blindly support their political parties and think they will bring about a change, only to be disappointed a few years later. The establishment don’t need honest or genuinely smart people, they need scapegoats who they can pin the blame on for their anti Pakistan policies.
It’s a fools dream, those who think Pakistan will stand up on its feet one day, not as long as it’s ruled by the military, who are controlled by Uncle Sam.
If you want to see Pakistan’s economic and political future, just have a look at Egypt.

As long as the establishment keeps interfering in the politics of this country, this country will never prosper, not economically nor politically. That’s the bottom line. I don’t think they will ever stop tho, been happening since 1952. Imran was selected and made pm by establishment and now Shahbaz too is selected and made pm by the establishment on the orders of the 🇺🇸. The harsh reality is that our chief is also selected by the 🇺🇸. I feel sorry for those poor souls who worship and blindly support their political parties and think they will bring about a change, only to be disappointed a few years later. The establishment don’t need honest or genuinely smart people, they need scapegoats who they can pin the blame on for their anti Pakistan policies.
It’s a fools dream, those who think Pakistan will stand up on its feet one day, not as long as it’s ruled by the military, who are controlled by Uncle Sam.
If you want to see Pakistan’s economic and political future, just have a look at Egypt.

Usa keeps close eyes on our corp commanders and Generals, they will not allow anybody to sit on the chair unless they have some kind of understanding. If an independent General comes in to power then Usa uses threats of sanctions etc to scare them off, plus assets threats. The same applies to the government and PM.

Pakistan can only move forward if they make independent policies, move all assets to friendly countries, ban the generals for training in the USA, nobody in higher position should be allowed to settle outside the country with their families. If they want to sit on the PM, President, General, Judge chair then be loyal to Pakistan first and not make plans for retirement/investment whilst using Pakistanis as slaves.

The sad fact is Usa/Europe and allies are world powers, they have the money, economy, technology, they rule the world and make major decision. How will you handle them? How will you deal with economic issues? Technology and export issues?

Nobody including IK gives the solution.

Usa keeps close eyes on our corp commanders and Generals, they will not allow anybody to sit on the chair unless they have some kind of understanding. If an independent General comes in to power then Usa uses threats of sanctions etc to scare them off, plus assets threats. The same applies to the government and PM.

Pakistan can only move forward if they make independent policies, move all assets to friendly countries, ban the generals for training in the USA, nobody in higher position should be allowed to settle outside the country with their families. If they want to sit on the PM, President, General, Judge chair then be loyal to Pakistan first and not make plans for retirement/investment whilst using Pakistanis as slaves.

The sad fact is Usa/Europe and allies are world powers, they have the money, economy, technology, they rule the world and make major decision. How will you handle them? How will you deal with economic issues? Technology and export issues?

Nobody including IK gives the solution.
A misconception..
Issue is public support.
Pmln JUI and PPP enjoy significant voting power.
People won't come to jalsa but will vote for them in form of Bradey voting etc

Remove the F**** subsidy from the Petrol or keep depleting your scarce Foreign Exchange Reserves.

A misconception..
Issue is public support.
Pmln JUI and PPP enjoy significant voting power.
People won't come to jalsa but will vote for them in form of Bradey voting etc
Bro I don’t know- the question isn’t if they have voter support- the question is how much more PTI is going to get than in 2018- in 2018, they had 30% votes, can they get 40% votes this time- if they do, they will sweep the National Assembly.

If the other parties in aggregate have lost even 15% of their voter shares to PTI, it will be a sweep.

Bro I don’t know- the question isn’t if they have voter support- the question is how much more PTI is going to get than in 2018- in 2018, they had 30% votes, can they get 40% votes this time- if they do, they will sweep the National Assembly.

If the other parties in aggregate have lost even 15% of their voter shares to PTI, it will be a sweep.
But parties are going to work together
You won't have vote divide.
Tlp Pmln JUI & pppp will likely do a vote divide amongst each other

Exactly thing like India, tell me
Is government needed to own a bakery company, indian government did .
Although india had psus for almost all things and many remain and are in profit , but usless ones have been privatised .
Remaining ones perform due to fears of privatisation.
Ours won't perform even due to fears of privatisation. As much as I hate neoliberalism it is the only way Pakistan can progress. As long as welfare programs like Ehsaas Programme and universal healthcare are continued with a neoliberalist economic system, Pakistan can definitely prosper. Glory to the private sector.

This is better to accept IMF condition .

I know people will curse me for saying this, but I will drink.the poison
India in 90s had to pawn its gold reserves to imf .
Pakistan is not at that stage , good for Pakistan.
People will have to bear the burden for some years, 3 to 5 years .
Privatisation was the norm in india , many government owned psu etc were made private.

I understand their game , they want bring economic structure of countries across the world in thier fold .lets say a watch company makes watches in Pakistan, but it is government owned. It has not innovated its design in last 20 years, suddenly markets open up and foreign brands come in , people have more choice, the old company dies a slow death because people will now purchase watches from foreign brands ( I am not saying this, it is the classic argument of world Bank and imf is this, which is to bring in more and more competition to offer more "choices " to a country's people, what they won't tell you is that now they have complete control over your markets, even for consumer goods , I just tried to explain this with help of example of a watch company )
I can't think of any way , you guys can bypass imf , no matter what you do, and its a terrible thing .because who doesn't like subsidies and corporations don't give a damn to a far away countries poor folks and financial autonomy

If Pakistan finds a way to bypass imf , it will be a massive victory for Pakistan for years to come

I would not wish Any country to fall in a imf rabbit hole , plus privatisation etc brings massive mental stress of the employees and their families
Do you think this is the first time Pakistan has been to IMF? Their rulers know how to deal with IMF better than anyone. Pakistan is well experienced in this negotiation. Infact, it is IMF that should have their wits about them when they negotiate with Pakistan :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom