What's new

Govt offers to buy 200 foreign fighter jets - if they're Made-in-India

when millitarry allience means giving AID to the other ally which despite reminders keep creating trouble not just for itself but for others in the regon and your own long term intersts tell me how will you make him go slow in his quest to shoot himself and your long term intersts in the foot ? thats why US stopped assiting pakistan despite pacts like CENTO CEATO and the other issue was despite bieng in US group ZAB had bigger ambitions to make fourth power block (islamik block funded by new found oil money of arabs )a NAM like body which was trying to pose competition to US and soviet blocks already established

thing is all these anty US logics are given by old congress and communist minded beurocracy , media and politician lobbies for the obvious reason cause if NaMo succeeds in this endevour now they all know they would never be able to come in good terms with USA ever again

so any day for my nations defence il swallow my ego and go with USA and its cutting edge weapons tech even if it means some of my friends teasing me or making fun of me before my immidiate enemy and even sidding with it on trivial matters to hurt my ego

10-12 full squads of F16 Blk 70/72 at 150millon$$s overall costs with complete TOT under MII + mantainence infrastructure + weapons pakage + training is good enof for me when it means a single Blk 70/72 is as good as 4-5 Blk 52

I want to tell one thing,through a Pakistani eye its completely justifiable thing to attack India.I repeat through Pakistani eye,since their main moto is to capture Kashmir from India by any means. So there is nothing wrong in 1965 and 1971 situations. Yet US shows its middle finger to its ally,also even they reduce arms /weapons supply to pak after 1965. Reason is as u said US and UK comes to a conclusion that Pakistan is using its membership in seato and cento for Pakistan's interests. What a bullshit argument, that means US wants its ally to work according to US interest, and if its ally start working by itsown though its not against US interest, US will punish that nation.

This thing can be applied now also,US is continuously asking us to resolve things by talk,they don't even care about the terrorist attacks and all. I do remember at the time ofumbai attack,USA urges us not to go for any military solutions. Suppose in a hypothetical scenario of another deadly attack and US is reapeting the samee slogan ,but we decided to go for military action. Now such an act will again count as an act against US interests and us will behave the same way they did to Pakistan in 1965.

@Ankit Kumar @Ankit Kumar 002 @dadeechi @PARIKRAMA

Looks a fair assessment and it means along with HAL, 2 more private vendors will have to come in foray.
& that FGFA part is looking more and more confusing. Russia is recently speculated to have offered India Single Seater PAK FA as an interim measure from 2019 onwards (even that looks highly unlikely), but it might mean someone is trying to woo India with an alternate fifth generation product (guess who :p:) and that make bid from LM even more favorable.
View attachment 347310

I see F-35 in service with the Navy in future- Specially since no interest have been shown towards Naval FGFA and AMCA is nowhere to be seen-

It could well be 144 F-16blk2 and 56 F-35 with future scope for further F-35 orders depending on battle configuration of future CBGs- If economy does good- Economy is the key here- :p:

offer them some good deal but French are more reliable them Americans

I see French working with AMCA- If Uncle Sam approves-

Another alternative could be buying the mig-35 line for cheap with full Tot.
Mig is bankrupt and we could get some interesting tech.

Gripen E is the smartest jet out there. IAF will oppose F-16s . i believe Modi & Parrikar would bat for F-16s while IAF chief/IAF will bat for Gripen E

plus this is MAKE in INDIA fighter jet program . so it wouldnot be headless chicken like MMRCA. Modi/Parrikar would like/insist if production line starts before 2019 .

People on this site do realize that the point of this is to get knowledge on HOW to build a jet engine. The only way to do this is by bulk order of jets.

Gripen E is the smartest jet out there. IAF will oppose F-16s . i believe Modi & Parrikar would bat for F-16s while IAF chief/IAF will bat for Gripen E

plus this is MAKE in INDIA fighter jet program . so it wouldnot be headless chicken like MMRCA. Modi/Parrikar would like/insist if production line starts before 2019 .

Estimated price of Gripen E should be around 113 million Euro, higher than the prices quoted for Eurofighter in the final MRCA tender.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom