What's new

Govt offers to buy 200 foreign fighter jets - if they're Made-in-India

will india be allowed to sell F-16blk70?

PAF is in dire need of new F-16.. 40 jets might be ordered as an initial order.

will india be allowed to sell F-16blk70?

PAF is in dire need of new F-16.. 40 jets might be ordered as an initial order.
well thats a very long shot ... i mean india getting to export F16 Blk70/72 cause if and when production of it stars in india be sure at least for a decade there entire production would be sold out to cater IAF order only :coffee:

well thats a very long shot ... i mean india getting to export F16 Blk70/72 cause if and when production of it stars in india be sure at least for a decade there entire production would be sold out to cater IAF order only :coffee:
7-8 f-16 beech me se nikal ke send kr dejyega..

neighbor hi tou neighbor ke kaam ata hai.

Any pictures of F16 block 60 will be appreciated as there is no pictures of block 70 I guess:usflag:

probably not this time.
MMRCA was ambitious and conducted well as far as technical evaluations were concerned.
Problem arose when commercial negotiations started and lack of flexibility from both India and France led to a stalemate like situation.
Now with bureaucracy taking its own sweet time to decide, our Air Force is in a situation where desperate measures are required to make up the numbers. I'm not sure what platform we'll end up purchasing, but surely its a question of making up squadron numbers on Light weight category and i'm pretty sure, LCA numbers will get cut down.
at the same time, i see more Rafale coming though not immediately but certainly after 2020-21.

@dadeechi
till @PARIKRAMA returns you are our man now on these issues

Sir, i'm not that certain, but if LM wins the race, it would come with significant sweeteners (read F35 offers in future) and AESA radar assistance.

If MII for Rafale happens along with the Single engine MII- It means we are looking at 350 foreign MMRCA in 10 years- Given that we have managed 230 Su 30MKI in 10-12 years of License manufacturing- I think we can do It- Now involving the time frame between 2020 and 2030 keeping in mind only existing programs we see-

• Rafale: 90MII+36follow on+36 currently ordered=144
  • Single Engine F-16blk70+: 200MII
  • Tejas:100P+20 currently ordered
  • FGFA: 144MII

That makes It about 600+ combat planes by 2030 based on current plans- Adding 300 Su30mki and 100Mig29UPG+M2K that makes up 1000+ strong Air force by 2030 increase could be almost 60 latest generation planes per year from 2022 onward I hope we beef up our training programs and trainer fleet to match the numbers-

I am still skeptical towards America , if we are buying F-16 in such a large numbers then we have to bargain hard for UNSC seat and NSG member ship .

If we bargain hard with sweden we can easily get enough TOT to make Tejas as potent aircraft for future requirements.

tell me do we afford to be over cautious now again an do the same mistakes what nehru did 65 years back ?

I am still skeptical towards America , if we are buying F-16 in such a large numbers then we have to bargain hard for UNSC seat and NSG member ship .

If we bargain hard with sweden we can easily get enough TOT to make Tejas as potent aircraft for future requirements.
Sweden cannot give engine tech.Which is exactly what India requires.

I personally believe both Gripen and F-16 should be given orders,say 150-200 each

French can help in engine tech , they are good in engines
Sweden cannot give engine tech.Which is exactly what India requires.

I personally believe both Gripen and F-16 should be given orders,say 150-200 each

I think India is trolling once again

I grew up watching the nonsense of MRCA compeition and their fans boasting about all the latest technology in the world, some of them claiming the number of 126 Aircrafts to rise. The whole world was brought to toe and the conclusion of 15 years long MRCA deal was like that famous joke.

/QUOTE]

So how old are you?

Besides, you got the years all mixed up. The MMRCA entrants were evaluated in 2010-2011, Rafale was selected late 2012, early 2013

• Rafale: 90MII+36follow on+36 currently ordered=144
  • Single Engine F-16blk70+: 200MII
  • Tejas:100P+20 currently ordered
  • FGFA: 144MII
Looks a fair assessment and it means along with HAL, 2 more private vendors will have to come in foray.
& that FGFA part is looking more and more confusing. Russia is recently speculated to have offered India Single Seater PAK FA as an interim measure from 2019 onwards (even that looks highly unlikely), but it might mean someone is trying to woo India with an alternate fifth generation product (guess who :p:) and that make bid from LM even more favorable.
gwxRo7m.jpg

In 1965,despite of Pakistani military alliance with Pakistan united states denied weaponry to Pakistan military. That's the depth of American military cooperation.

Only fools will go behind us,and present government is behavior is like that of afool.

Pakistan isn't exactly a good example to consider when choosing friends or adversaries.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom