What's new

Govt offers to buy 200 foreign fighter jets - if they're Made-in-India

Size doesn't matter,strength does. Strength comes with non dependence or dependence with trusted friends.
It's absolute stupidity to think a few squadrons of fighters will affect the sovereignty of a nation like India!!

@dadeechi
till @PARIKRAMA returns you are our man now on these issues

Firstly, @anant_s You are just being generous here.

secondly, @PARIKRAMA was a encyclopedia and it would take 1000s of @dadeechi to fill in those big shoes.

Finally, I am living on borrowed time on this forum. Have already been banned twice in the last month.

As they say three strikes and you are done....

First of the offer is not rejected.

Safran is going to help make Kaveri engine work as an offset for Rafale deal. Earliear GTRE was reluctant to their help as Kaveri is the only working variable geometry jet engine in the world. The design is truly world class and fit for 5th generation fighters but problem is the hot section where we lack the required metulurgy and weight. Safran will contribute here and make engine lighter and in return will get a peek at variable geometry jet engine which they can use. The power output of Kaveri engine will go up to 128KN but safer to say 120kn at the least.

So it is more of a give and take offer.
If GTRE is not able to complete kaveri its better to get some help... its good if they also get some benifit from it...

Size doesn't matter,strength does. Strength comes with non dependence or dependence with trusted friends.

Strength doesn't comes from strong military or indigenous defence industry or lack of it. Strength comes with economic power ...it will make new friends and will make them dependent on you. Until India concentrates on economic well being there is little danger of India depending on others. India - US relation is more like give and take.

It's absolute stupidity to think a few squadrons of fighters will affect the sovereignty of a nation like India!!
200+ numbers of single type craft us not a small number,its more than that if most of the air forces in world. Even its almost equal to half of paf .

Strength doesn't comes from strong military or indigenous defence industry or lack of it. Strength comes with economic power ...it will make new friends and will make them dependent on you. Until India concentrates on economic well being there is little danger of India depending on others. India - US relation is more like give and take.
I can't agree,strong military anyway brings strengthe. But economy will pave the way to have a string military. Egs Singapore, Norway,Canada,Arabian countries etc... They are having strong economy, but no one is considering as a strong nation.
Now look at Russians, Pakistan,Iran and up to some extant India are not having much strength in economic front.

200+ numbers of single type craft us not a small number,its more than that if most of the air forces in world. Even its almost equal to half of paf .

Canada, Arabs, Europe etc needed US protection from the soviets during the cold war era, the reason why they hinged on to the US. The aussies have a severe fear of a Chinese invasion - the reason why they hooked up with the US.

Don't confuse security dependency with weapons purchase.

AlMost all chinese equipment are Russian/ Ukraine origin, the reason why they latched on to the Russians. India has soviet era weaponry too, but want to move up the technology ladder - hence the move towards western systems.

Don't mix up puppets with countries who strive to stand alone.

Canada, Arabs, Europe etc needed protection from the soviets during the cold war era, the reason why the hinged on to the US. The aussies have a severe fear of a Chinese invasion - the reason why the hooked up with the US.

AlMost all chinese equipment are Russian/ Ukraine origin, the reason why they latched on to the Russians. India has soviet era weaponry too, but want to move up the technology ladder - hence the move towards western systems.

Anything other than US weapons is OK,they won't allow non NATO to use US origin arms for offensive role,exception is only for Israel.

Look at japs and Koreans, despite of having military superiority they still unable to take military action against north Korea,remember the nuclear factor of north comes to exist recently only.

I can't agree,strong military anyway brings strengthe. But economy will pave the way to have a string military. Egs Singapore, Norway,Canada,Arabian countries etc... They are having strong economy, but no one is considering as a strong nation.
Now look at Russians, Pakistan,Iran and up to some extant India are not having much strength in economic front.

I agree...I mean economics should take precedence over military. A stronger economy will make others dependent on you. Only military with no economy leads to USSR, With a great economy you can build a great military. The example is China.

The advantage India has its economy....so building a strong military is matter of time.

Anything other than US weapons is OK,they won't allow non NATO to use US origin arms for offensive role,exception is only for Israel.

Look at japs and Koreans, despite of having military superiority they still unable to take military action against north Korea,remember the nuclear factor of north comes to exist recently only.

Strategic weapons are nuke subs, stealth ships, ACC's, missile systems, satellite network - all these are Indian or Russian.

Fighter aircrafts aren't strategic weapons ' so you have nothing to fear.

Strategic weapons are nuke subs, stealth ships, ACC's, missile systems, satellite network - all these are Indian or Russian.

Guarantee me it won't be anything similar to INS Jalashwa , and I start cheerleading for F16s.

Ballistic missiles,nuk sub are not for winning war,its for MAD against nuclear powered China/Pakistan.
Actually fighter jets are for fight war.

Ballistic missiles,nuk sub are not for winning war,its for MAD against nuclear powered China/Pakistan.
Actually fighter jets are for fight war.

You are missing the point.

Guarantee me it won't be anything similar to INS Jalashwa , and I start cheerleading for F16s.

It's a different phase of relations atm. I trust there are able minded people at the helm to make the right call.

I agree...I mean economics should take precedence over military. A stronger economy will make others dependent on you. Only military with no economy leads to USSR, With a great economy you can build a great military. The example is China.

The advantage India has its economy....so building a strong military is matter of time.
before using China as an example, it is useful to know that China had to suppress her military spending for decades so she had enough capital to invest into her economy. The current military expenditure is after recent years of fast expansion. Imagine how little she spent before that.

Canada, Arabs, Europe etc needed US protection from the soviets during the cold war era, the reason why they hinged on to the US. The aussies have a severe fear of a Chinese invasion - the reason why they hooked up with the US.

Aussie's fear of China is likely incited by Japanese, who naturally think whoever looks like them will do the same as they did after acquiring power.

The world has seen such a demand in the past as well when the aviation industry of the whole world was lured in by India with an announced requirement to purchase 126 fighters and after many years the deal finally got signed for 36 fighters...in this case where the number is said to be 200...it appears as if the final deal might be for not more then 50 planes and that too after a lapse of 10 years.

The world has seen such a demand in the past as well when the aviation industry of the whole world was lured in by India with an announced requirement to purchase 126 fighters and after many years the deal finally got signed for 36 fighters...in this case where the number is said to be 200...it appears as if the final deal might be for not more then 50 planes and that too after a lapse of 10 years.
if that is so PAF and their fanboys should remain tension-free. why bother

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom