What's new

Governor Punjab, Salman Taseer, Killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far i know Allah said I can forgive Haqooq Ullah But i will not forgive Haqooq Ul ibad.

oh come on

how you came to know he has forgive xyz but not abc

thats on the day of judgement. For this world what he has directed us to do we should simply do that.

When it comes to writing law, thats how it has to be written in Pakistan too. But for the sake of argument and arguing for the logic about it, it has to be understood that secularism is not anti-religion its the simple separation of the proverbial church and state.

Blindly supporting a person who broke the law of the land is not secularism..its stupidity..

The woman in question was neither proved guilty nor innocent,but our elite jumped on the band wagon for supporting her....

Her guilty sentence had to be given by the court...likewise her not guilty sentence too had to be given by the court...

by supporting a known law breaker..no matter the law was controversial or not...our leaders and elite have shown how much they disrespect their country's laws...Couldn't they wait for the case to be finally decided before openly supporting her? they were the elite? the leaders whose intellect had to be above general public?

I have no sympathy for this individual ... by the way a PPP politician FAisal Abidi was quoted on tv saying 'we have lost another Bhutto' ... WTF not again !!

"hum bhi sarkar kai akeedat mand hain" he was saying.

He was trying to generate a so called "josh" for which he miserable failed.

Why are you trying to equate your intellect with the Prophet's?

On top of that why are you picking and choosing only the violent things you can find from the Prophet's example. It is my personal belief that there were always extenuating circumstances - circumstances that don't exist today.

The Prophet was thrown garbage at, he forgave them.

The Prophet was pelted with stones, he forgave them.

Furthermore, the Prophet destroyed Quraysh's idols, what about their Blasphemy laws? Shouldn't they have killed the Prophet, or now you'll say they had more tolerance than the Prophet (nauzibila).

For some reason, being Islami is now translated as how fast you can loose your cool and start killing in the name of Islam. What about forgiving in the name of Islam?

Idiotic people call the Prophet a pedophile, you will kill those in Pakistan what will you do to those out of Pakistan? I have been hearing this for the past 10 years of my foruming experience. I have debated in many forums and did my best to dispel this notion of people. How? If I went crazy and fumed steam from every orrifice in my body what good would that have done to Islam?

Instead I researched, read about the Arabian culture in those days, the circumstances, the precisie turn of events and the consequences of the Prophet's last marriage. If I was a mindless bumbling idiot who could only demand blood I would've only harmed Islam and nobody would've known any better.

I repeat again and emphasize, asking to kill for Blasphemy is rondhu pana. Instead make a choice to serve Islam, turn this hate filled enemy of Islam to your side by being a sensible person.

Yaar... You talk as if I m not aware of how many times the Prophet saw forgave his enemies and those who insulted him... Did nt I actually say to you in private that there is precedent for both forgiveness and punishment in the Sunnah?

You are talking to someone who has debated with actual Kuffar in public on their own home ground... You have no idea how tolerant that can make a person... Being in a moshpit with a bunch of hungry dogs is easier... So please avoid saying things like I m only picking up violence from the life of the Prophet saw... That is very misleading for readers... on this thread itself I have condemned the murder of Salman Taseer also... I think you guys dont read all that I post on this forum...

btw Asim... The Prophet saw destroyed the idols in Kabaa when his army was surrounding it and he had entered Mecca as its liberator... No one could dare attack him on that day... not because those pagans were more tolerant... Actually there is no reason for a separate law... If Muslims become the dominant power in the world... pretty much everyone will have to respect them and not mess with them for no reason...

and with all this maybe you ll realize (just maybe) why people are supporting this law keeping the current reality of the world in context...

Salman Taseer’s profile
Updated at 2000 PST Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Salmaan Taseer, a businessman and politician who served as the Governor of the province of Punjab. He was a member of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and had also served as a minister in the caretaker cabinet of Prime Minister Muhammad Mian Soomro under Pervez Musharraf. He was appointed to the post of governor on 15 May 2008 in place of outgoing governor, Lt Gen Khalid Maqbool (retd) by former President, Pervez Musharraf.

Political career

Taseer started his political career in his student era, as a member of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto's Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) in the late 1960s. He was a part of the movement for Bhutto's freedom and opposed his arrest and death sentence. He also wrote a political biography on Bhutto titled Bhutto: A political biography (1980).

In the 1988 general elections, Taseer became a member of the Punjab Assembly from Lahore. In the 1990, 1993 and 1997 general elections, he ran as an MNA but lost.

In 2007, he was appointed the interim Federal Minister for Industries, Production and Special Initiatives.

On 15 May 2008, Taseer was designated for the office of Governor Punjab by the PPP-led coalition government.

Personal life

Taseer was married to Aamna Taseer and the two resided in Lahore. They had six children; Maryam, Shehryar, Shahbaz, Sara, Sanam and Shehr Bano.

Taseer was known to be one of the trusted aides of Benazir Bhutto. He was a class fellow of Nawaz Sharif at Saint Anthony School, Lahore. He had obtained a degree in Chartered Accountancy from London.
Salman Taseer was the son of Muhammad Din Taseer, popularly known as M.D. Taseer, who is the first Ph.D. degree holder in the Sub-continent.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=8704

Blindly supporting a person who broke the law of the land is not secularism..its stupidity..

The woman in question was neither proved guilty nor innocent,but our elite jumped on the band wagon for supporting her....

Her guilty sentence had to be given by the court...likewise her not guilty sentence too had to be given by the court...

by supporting a known law breaker..no matter the law was controversial or not...our leaders and elite have shown how much they disrespect their country's laws...Couldn't they wait for the case to be finally decided before openly supporting her? they were the elite? the leaders whose intellect had to be above general public?

mr 10% recieves american money, for which mr 10% has to obey to americans he has to let americans drone us... the brains of these can be judged by mr 10% brain..

Salman Taseer hailed from a wealthy family and was a highly succesful businessman himself.

His liberal outlook was evident from his lifestyle and he was never one to use religion as a tool for political gains unlike some others.

The man died for not changing his stance and standing by his words, that is very commendable.

After all Blasphemy laws are black laws brought by a tyrant dictator in one of the darkest periods of Pakistan.

Islam is a peaceful religion but -
Ah, "but"

...mind the LAWS made by Prophet SAW and try to understand the gravity of the issues to which the Islamic LAWS sometimes show killing -
Back in 2001, yet before 9-11, American political psychologist Jerrold Post interviewed captured Al Qaeda members. Their ultimate vision, he reported, was multiple Islamic regimes ruling Central Asia, the ruler of each comfortably enjoying life in his castle/capital while his army contested with others in battles over minor points of Muslim theology, continuing until one was supreme or the lands and people were reduced to ruin.

Isn't your vision similar? Or do you have something better to offer?

Reactions: s90
Salman Taseer hailed from a wealthy family and was a highly succesful businessman himself.

His liberal outlook was evident from his lifestyle and he was never one to use religion as a tool for political gains unlike some others.

The man died for not changing his stance and standing by hs words, that is very commendable.

After all Blasphemy laws are black laws brought by a tyrant dictator in one of the darkest periods of Pakistan.

he doesnt need to use religion because he has enough money to buy votes from his pind..

The man died for not changing his stance and standing by his words, that is very commendable.

That is your opinion of which you are entitled to..But you do realize that others are entitled of having their opinion which may well be opposite to yours?
I am no expert in law..But to many nations in the world Capital punishment for a mass murderer is wrong,and relatives of the deceased see the murderer out and about after X number of years when their beloved one wont ever come back...May not be relevant but an example...

Just about any law can be controversial...Everybody cant agree on every law of the land..But have to comply whether they agree or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

The man died for not changing his stance and standing by hs words, that is very commendable.

And now this guy will be hanged for what he believed and that will be commendable for some.

Get real and try to understand the society in pakistan.

May the governor's soul rest in peace. Alas, this incident will take Pakistan into more chaos.

punishment in the Sunnah?

You are talking to someone who has debated with actual Kuffar in public on their own home ground...

And yet you live in the land of the 'Kuffars' and eat their bread and drink their water.

Some of you Pakistanis truly need to be watched over by the security agencies. Some of you need to be kicked back to your mullah-land to enjoy your fancies. You will see how much you will enjoy them. You radicalized Muslims--especially of Pakistani origin in the UK--bring bad name to other law-abiding, well-adjusted, tolerant Muslims and Pakistanis.

That is your opinion of which you are entitled to..But you do realize that others are entitled of having their opinion which may well be opposite to yours?

Yes, as long as it is not support for murder, terrorism or some other inhumane act, you are free to express your opinion.

Many others have posted some insensitive remarks, those who crossed limits have been sent packing.

I would rather support a man who fought tyranny than a two bit killer or a suicide bomber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom