What's new

Good things about your neighbours

These threads are always opened by rookies who come here seeking peace and friendship. After spending a couple of weeks they turn into us. :D
:raise: I am not rookie, but still I started threads for good relations of Pakistan with Israel and Russia.

I was also thinking of creating another thread on PAKISTAN INDIA FRIENDSHIP..... :whistle:

Pakistan - They produce good singers and cricketers who are great entertainers.
There is little ambiguity in their stance towards us,they have declared they are enemies and stand by it.Unlike bangladesh,where we don't really understand what's the core problem and if its our fault or theirs.

China- They have given asia a model for growth and prosperity and are hardworking people.
They have an ancient civilization with so much to learn from.
It produced the 'art of war'.:-)
We have increasingly large trade relations which creates economic prosperity.

Bangladesh - They share a similar language to west bengalis like me,and at least a part of cultural links.There is thus always a small connection.Are by and large i don't think intrinsically hostile to us ( absence of any large land dispute like kashmir)but problems have arisen due to myriad issues.
There treatment of the vernacular language has been far better than ours.They have preserved bengali perhaps better than us.
In terms of low-level socio-economic reforms they have set some examples we can follow.

Sri Lanka-
They have again produced excellent cricketers.
Their resilience has been an example,surviving both devastating tsunami and a civil war.
They share buddhist and hindu cultural links with us from ancient times,which though nothing significant presently still is a minor factor.I personally like buddhism and glad to see its survival despite almost disappearing from the subcontinent's mainland.Asoka's work is preserved in a way.
Economic co-operation between our both countries are growing.

Bangladesh
I like their food, and The Westin, Dhaka. They're all, and I mean, each and every one of them, hospitable and gracious. That's pretty much it.

Pakistan
Has waay more decent people than the rather shocking sample set here on defence.pk. Some of my closest friends since undergrad belong come from our neighbour to the west. I admire a lot of their architectural relics, which share common ancestry with our own. You've also got some hot wimmin. Keep it comin'
Let's not forget that Pakistani cuisine is fucking brilliant.

Sri Lanka
Again, having friends from any country makes you feel closer to it than you actually are, and Sri Lanka is no different in this respect. I feel a close bond with the people of Sri Lanka in General, and again, in my experience, the sample set of Lankans here on PDF, is hardly representative of the general population of that country. I always seem to have a swell time with the Lankans, both professionally and otherwise. I like how they're slowly beginning to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes, and their south western coastline always leaves me wanting to stay back a few days :)

China
Infrastructure growth over the last decade. Oh, and I love Cantonese cuisine.

These threads are always opened by rookies who come here seeking peace and friendship. After spending a couple of weeks they turn into us. :D

And then get sent to banville. They remind me of my childhood (on this forum) :D

I hate Pakistan. Too many extremists.
I hate Bangladesh. They should decide whether they want to remain independent or swarm into India and become part of the Indian Republic.
I hate China. I am still peeved off about that "no warranty" claim at China Mall a day after buying a remote controlled helicopter there.
I hate Bhutan and Nepal. Those people imitate us in everything
I hate India. Too many whiny pesky people there and the Hindutva crowd makes me sick to my stomach

Tu Afreeka main hi theek hai. Wahin reh ;)

bwahahahah bhai apni tareef nahi karni thi neighbours ki karni thi

Kuch kuch Pakistani kudiya mujhe badi khoobsurat lagti hain. That is the only time I feel partition shouldn't have happened :ashamed:

I like Sri Lanka, the best showcase of prosperity in South Asia.

This I have to agree with.

Sri Lankans have sent an example for other South Asians. Sri Lankans are what a progressive South Asian would look like, just a little lighter :P

Last edited:
the good thing about my neighbourer is that they are my sharika ! :lol:

@levina :P :P :P

Sharika???
Partner???
Sahii!!!
But the question remains what kinda partner are you talking about???partner in crime??

So what do I like about my neighbors???

Pak- Hmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmm Hmmmm let me think..I'll get back to this one later.

China- ofcourse the hakka noodles :P
And chinese music.

Srilanka- I like the fact that they're very chilled out ppl compared to other south Asians.

BD- being a pseudo BDite I like everything about BD :D

Aahhh so Pakistan- hmmm hmmmmm
yaad aaya
Idea.gif

Atif Aslam,Pakistani cotton and pdf.
Hehe

Sharika???
Partner???
Sahii!!!
But the question remains what kinda partner are you talking about???partner in crime??

So what do I like about my neighbors???

Pak- Hmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmm Hmmmm let me think..I'll get back to this one later.

China- ofcourse the hakka noodles :P
And chinese music.

Srilanka- I like the fact that they're very chilled out ppl compared to other south Asians.

BD- being a pseudo BDite I like everything about BD :D

Aahhh so Pakistan- hmmm hmmmmm
yaad aaya
Idea.gif

Atif Aslam,Pakistani cotton and pdf.
Hehe

Sharika is not partner, I am surprised you dont know... :P sharika is extended family...

1. japan :**** film
2. thailand ,vietnam,philipine , nice for vacation。especially thailand. I love thailand
3. south korean. my wife like shopping in southmkorean
4. north korean :cheesy:
6. Indian.... complex feeling, a great nation
7. pakistan: all weather friend,allahu akbar
8. russia :nice women

and many other neighbors, why we have so many neighbors

I like China more than any other nation around us . China a ancient culture, full of spirit and hardworking people . I meet only one Chinese guy ever in my life so can't say much about people in general. That guy i meet was very calm and silent. NO fun not behaving like a dude.

Pakistan , as nation i don't really like much but people are great, funny (Too funny sometimes) Loud punjabis :P food is great too , all in all i like general people but not the country as a whole.

BD : Good guys , they know what they are doing and i only wish them best of luck. BD people are good people and soft heart. Bd people in general are hard working and focused . They are really typical "Baniyas" higher level of Baniya than Indian Baniya itself.

Bhutan , i next vacation i am coming ............... Paradise

Nepal : Hello Brothers , how are you send me some gold :P

Sri Lanka : Great hard working people and great going .... All the best

what about China, Sri lanka, Myanmar , Nepal and Bhutan ? :whistle:

anyway good thing about India is nationalism. It is showcased in almost all indian products' adverstiment :tup:

But how our nationalism is reflected in our product advertisement?? :undecided: Give some example!!

I guess this is for countries we normally don't get along with, so here goes:

I greatly admire Indian civilization and culture. My own family are Chinese Buddhists so there is a Dharmic cultural link there.

Japan is highly advanced and are very creative. My parents once told me that "made in Japan" once had the same stigma we have of meaning cheap goods, however they have got past that stage and now made in Japan stands for quality.

I love Vietnamese noodles, one of my favorite dishes.

South Korea has a lot of very beautiful women
, and like Japan have successfully moved up the value chain.

1. How Vietnamese noodles are different from Chinese noodles? :what:

2. Most important part, please post some good examples to convince us about the SK beauties. :yes4: :yes4: :yes4: :D

Sharika is not partner, I am surprised you dont know... :P sharika is extended family...
I didn't know.:disagree:

But if it means extended family then wow!!
Good to see such warm and positive vibes coming our way from across the border :-)

2. Most important part, please post some good examples to convince us about the SK beauties. :yes4: :yes4: :yes4: :D
Caught you!!!
Red handed :devil:

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom