What's new

Good News:JF17/FC -1 is sure to sell to a second country

Been hearing this news for a year now. JF-17 is a very new aircraft, and even for the Pakistan, which is its sole operator, the aircraft is not in its final stages, so any country serious about buying this aircraft would wait, and let it mature, evaluate its capabilities, and then order.

That is 3-4 years away. Expecting orders now is a little premature.

hi, long time no see ?
i am fan of your comments...
would like to see more of ur comments in :pdf:

Hi and welcome back....... why dont u go through the JF-17 thread and enlighten urself about the new updates on the programe? tht would be nice and u would also grow up and stop with childish arguements.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
infact i am enjoying your reply to this thread...... you indians cannot see this and crying

atleast dont cry:bunny:

Ok. Let me put up my points, and if u think otherwise, ur points are welcome as well.

1. JF-17 hasn't reached its final stage. Its specs are not frozen, and it will see upgrades in near future. So anyone interested in the aircraft would wait for the final specs to get a better deal

2. There is no other operator of JF-17 other than Pakistan, and no more than 2 squadrons are up and running. No country would invest in an aircraft so early. Not even if the aircraft was from US or Russia. They would rather see it mature, and then decide on it.

3. Evaluating an aircraft takes time. Any country interested in JF would first evaluate it. It will take months. And of course that country would also evaluate other aircraft to compare this aircraft with, which would take its own time. Only after that, a decision would be made on whether an order has been placed or not.

I am surprised, I didn't even say anything bad about the aircraft, and yet I am being shouted at. Are you so insecure about this aircraft? :woot:

Ok. Let me put up my points, and if u think otherwise, ur points are welcome as well.

1. JF-17 hasn't reached its final stage. Its specs are not frozen, and it will see upgrades in near future. So anyone interested in the aircraft would wait for the final specs to get a better deal

2. There is no other operator of JF-17 other than Pakistan, and no more than 2 squadrons are up and running. No country would invest in an aircraft so early. Not even if the aircraft was from US or Russia. They would rather see it mature, and then decide on it.

3. Evaluating an aircraft takes time. Any country interested in JF would first evaluate it. It will take months. And of course that country would also evaluate other aircraft to compare this aircraft with, which would take its own time. Only after that, a decision would be made on whether an order has been placed or not.

I am surprised, I didn't even say anything bad about the aircraft, and yet I am being shouted at. Are you so insecure about this aircraft? :woot:

experts will give you some better answer but i will tell you something

1- JF-17 hasn't reached its final stage. Its specs are not frozen, and it will see upgrades in near future. So anyone interested in the aircraft would wait for the final specs to get a better deal
There is no such thing as 'not frozen' in fighters... they keep on developing and developing JF17...JF17-Blk2 ----JF-XX etc....

2- PAF is operating this fighter and world have already seen its capabilities in even there were days when only USA was operating F-16 1 generation and world went for it.. so its the mind bhind the machines bascially....

2 sqr are more then engouh to evaluate any fighter...

well..jagtnat is saying true..Jf-17 need some time..cuntry like azerbaijan will buy it bt nt before 2013-14..and we dnt need to export it so early..we need to make it even more good..for example we can offer the Jf-17 with new engine,AESA,IRST,Sd-10B..then many countries will be intrested in it.

he said nothing wrong

well..jagtnat is saying true..Jf-17 need some time..cuntry like azerbaijan will buy it bt nt before 2013-14..and we dnt need to export it so early..we need to make it even more good..for example we can offer the Jf-17 with new engine,AESA,IRST,Sd-10B..then many countries will be intrested in it.

he said nothing wrong

maybe he said nothing wrong but the way he said is wrong and showing something burning........ he didnt even went to validate the news....

someone just put up a news here on PDF and he is getting on it from indian version of eyes

i hope you know what i am saying....

a Super sonic highly maneuverable aircraft capable of delivering advance weapons and with a greater range. All these combination in just $ 20 Million each. attractive for third world countries.

for a cheap example...agar fruit thailay per sasta mil raha hai to bari dukan se packet me band hua q kharidain.

well the fact is no body is going to get any thunder till PAF produces its minimum required quantity which is 50-100. will take 5-10 years

experts will give you some better answer but i will tell you something

1- JF-17 hasn't reached its final stage. Its specs are not frozen, and it will see upgrades in near future. So anyone interested in the aircraft would wait for the final specs to get a better deal
There is no such thing as 'not frozen' in fighters... they keep on developing and developing JF17...JF17-Blk2 ----JF-XX etc....

2- PAF is operating this fighter and world have already seen its capabilities in even there were days when only USA was operating F-16 1 generation and world went for it.. so its the mind bhind the machines bascially....

2 sqr are more then engouh to evaluate any fighter...

I can read black as well, so please tone down the red. Bold it to mark them.
Specs are not final in aircraft industry, things keep improving, fine. But since PAF is already looking for upgrades to avionics, like radars, and even missiles compatible with radar even before induction of a single squadron, it means that the aircraft will be upgraded soon. No country would invest so quickly in this version, just to see a better version out in a year from now.

And yes, 2 squadrons are not enough to evaluate the performance of an aircraft. Not even if were F-35.

a Super sonic highly maneuverable aircraft capable of delivering advance weapons and with a greater range. All these combination in just $ 20 Million each. attractive for third world countries.

for a cheap example...agar fruit thailay per sasta mil raha hai to bari dukan se packet me band hua q kharidain.

Sure its attractive. Its pretty cheap. But cheap doesn't mean people will buy it without research. Its going to be used to protect the nation, so even poor countries will invest in it after deep research. And that takes time. Just look at MRCA, it has taken so long. Sure India delayed it, but its similar with other countries. You can take example of Brazil, UAE, Sri Lanka, all took their time to evaluate their short listed aircraft, and then chose the winner.

QUOTE:

JF-17 fighter jets are the third generation, actually outdated machines. Meanwhile, if that deal had failed, Pakistan would have been able to acquire more modern Europe’s Eurofighter Typhoon jets or American F-16 aircrafts.

Èçäàòåëüñêèé äîì «Êîììåðñàíòú»

although you are wrong on so many levels even still i think PAF will make JF-17 more capable then to trust on Euro or USA....
thats the way forward......

QUOTE:

JF-17 fighter jets are the third generation, actually outdated machines. Meanwhile, if that deal had failed, Pakistan would have been able to acquire more modern Europe’s Eurofighter Typhoon jets or American F-16 aircrafts.

Èçäàòåëüñêèé äîì «Êîììåðñàíòú»

In Europe aircraft like the F-16 or MiG-29 are classed as 3rd generation, while the same aircraft are classed a 4th generation in the US/Russia. Therefore their successors must belong to the 4th generation in Europe, but 5th generation in the US/Russia. That is the reason why Europeans refer the 4th generation to aircraft like Gripen, Rafale or Eurofighter. That means a European 4th is a US 5th!!!

Actually China uses similiar naming system as European, hence the newest developing model is 4th in Chinese naming system (but 5th in USA labeling system.) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 203.186.243.42 (talk) 01:54, 16 March 2010 (UTC)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/14777-fighter-generations-2.html#post1317502

This thread has different classification methods done by different countries / different companies as sales pitch - So if an aircraft has most of the newer capabilities, its broadly considered 4rth gen---

Last edited:
Fighter Generation system of classifying aircraft is a very incorrect way of measuring aircraft performance. So I woudn't believe in that 3rd gen or 4th gen thing. Every aircraft has some 3rd gen, some 4th gen, and sometimes even 5th gen capabilities. Doesn't make it 5th gen or 3rd gen.

Last edited:
A plane which has fabulous turn rate, climb, excellent for dog fight, especially in isreal/egypt conflict.. ( check history of 280 planes involved in egypt isreal dog fight in 1973), in a situation like this, BVR engagement will be ruled out and excellent pilot with capable dog fighting plane will win at the end of the day. A plane which can carry BVR, ECM, laser and GPS guided bombs, cheap, state of the art, why wont any country buy them.

i am sure indians will agree with them like their own country men at bharat rakshak that JF17(BANDAR) is far better than they had expected. If indians are acknowledging that then why wont a friendly nation run to get hold of this plane?

From yr site:

4th generation are supersonic aircrafts with a digitally constructed infrastructure, with fully integrated computerized systems

China does not have above!

and this:

The only limit are the laws of physics and the human being. Included in this generation are, the F-22, F-35, the Rafale, the Eurofighter and the Gripen.

Please read this link then we disscuss

JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4th generation are supersonic aircrafts with a digitally constructed infrastructure, with fully integrated computerized systems

and i think both plane qualify the above statement:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom