What's new

Confirmed!!! The engine is WS-10G

Yep, the TVC is too much of a luxury for the JF-17 which would affect its price value.
Please, there is literally no possibility of TVC on JF-17, at least in the foreseeable future, due to technological and budget issues.

国产心脏终于行了:太行发动机一技术让美羡慕 - 中网资讯中心

This article is published in june. Design is finalised and final test has already conducted during that time. We spotted 2 new J-10B/C fitted with taihang engine in around October which is consistent with new engine commission. Why would J-10B/C wait until now then fitted with Taihang engine? Pt 1035 in 2013 was once fitted with Taihang engine but suddenly, it disappear and remaining production of J-10B fitted with AL-31FM engine. Why is there a break in between of Taihang engine used on J-10B/C?

140KN thrust can give J-10B/C supercruise abilities. couple with AESA and better air intake will make this comparable with 4.5th gen fighter like Typhoon and Rafale. I am sure this is what PLAAF are working towards to. It is also the reason why J-10B has not put into active operational yet. The J-10B will be retrofit with new WS-10B/G before joining the PLAAF fleet for operation.
I wonder why in this news article the claimed time when 14 tf WS-10G is supposedly finalized came from a "foreign media source". I'm happy to see this article anyways. However, during any engineering projects, there will be a time gap between finalizing technical status and actual mass production. If WS-10G was finalized some time 2015 and the engines on these aircraft were indeed WS-10G, this means this time gap is kinda small, not that it is impossible but, I would give 80% credibility to this claim still.

Last edited:
Please, there is literally no possibility of TVC on JF-17, at least in the foreseeable future, due to technological and budge issues.

I wonder why in this news article the claimed time when 14 tf WS-10G is supposedly finalized came from a "foreign media source". I'm happy to see this article anyways. However, during any engineering projects, there will be a time gap between finalizing technical status and actual mass production. If WS-10G was finalized some time 2015 and the engines on these aircraft were indeed WS-10G, this means this time gap is kinda small, not that it is impossible but, I would give 80% credibility to this claim still.
The source actually is Chinese, its is extract from a Chinese interview with Lin Zuoming AVIC chairman and then the foreign source start to publish. Lin Zuoming comfirmed Taihang max thrust is 140KN.

WS-10G most likely different from WS-10A will be the crystal single blade fan who has upgraded to higher temp tolerant that may result in higher thrust. Therefore, probably smoother testing phase which result in fast induction and easier implementation for production.

The source actually is Chinese, its is extract from a Chinese interview with Lin Zuoming AVIC chairman and then the foreign source start to publish. Lin Zuoming comfirmed Taihang max thrust is 140KN.

WS-10G most likely different from WS-10A will be the crystal single blade fan who has upgraded to higher temp tolerant that may result in higher thrust. Therefore, probably smoother testing phase which result in fast induction and easier implementation for production.
My concern is not the thrust rating at all, I'm just thinking of time frame.

Unfortunately the compressor turbine blade is not observable unless you are in the factory or maintenance line yourself, if we can find some distinctive difference between A model and G model from the appearance of nozzle blades, that would be great.

I never suspect the max wet thrust of WS10G is around 140KN, but how about the TVC? I never hear about it.

I think TVC is for WS15 engine?

Can J10c super cruise if we install WS10G on it?

What sure is that fighter Engine is no more a problem for China, we will experience a peak of fighter production next year.

How many J10b/c we have now? Over hundred?

8rjqUb4.jpg

XFcjjwd.jpg

y5UzAB4.jpg

y5UzAB4.jpg

Will they fit WS10G on J10c? I think the engine on J10 C latest batch is WS10G, its nozzle looks similar to that on J16.

I'm pretty certain that all PLAAF 4.5-gen fighters (i.e. J-15/16/10C/11D) will be fitted with the uprated WS-10 variant.

As explained by AVIC, the AL-31 was merely an interim solution until China succeeded in achieving mass production of its WS-10 series engine. They have ordered plenty of AL-31 and it would be a waste not to use them.

Back
Top Bottom