What's new

Going to Pakistan with American Wife: Ongoing Updates

Sorry to hear that.. mine was very quick and easy.. probably because I was already in America...
Googling for Greenville SC Immigration Lawyers might help...

I tried bro, already contacted 3 of them out of them 2 said they don't deal with WOM, gotta find one who can handle in that . Have you heard about CAIR ?

I tried bro, already contacted 3 of them out of them 2 said they don't deal with WOM, gotta find one who can handle in that . Have you heard about CAIR ?
Only heard of CAIR...

Pics of a couple of menus. One from a Burns Road restaurant and the other from the United King bakery/restaurant in North Nazimabad. While I was there, USD lost some value to Rupees. I think it dropped to some lowest since June 2019. Anyway, at Rs. 152+ to every USD, most of the time things felt cheap. But I didn't like paying USD $2.75 for a not-so-great coffee at the Clifton Sea View McDonalds--too pricey for a poor country.

Burns Road.
Prices_BurnsRoad.jpg

United King:
Prices_UnitedBakery.jpg

The Mughal Garden in Karachi Zoo is a potentially a great destination. Special access was allowed to film this video because the locals have a reputation of ruining public places; there were stories of people even digging up ornamental plants and stuffing in their bags to take home! The 'Lady Searcher' in this video Ms. Sameena's job is to ensure that suspicious women are searched as they leave the Zoo. Sameena is a Christian and a video of her is coming up where she is going to describe her candid experiences as a Christian in Pakistan.

Anyway, by now the Mughal Garden may have been renovated. People should enjoy that and the Zoo; I found rare peace and beauty in the Zoo in the heart of Karachi.

A beautiful view of the sunset with the Monal Restaurant in foreground (near Islamabad)
IMG_20191207_165041-EFFECTS.jpg
. The prices were not actually too bad: A huge platter of Kabuli Pulao, enough to feed 3-4 people, was about Rs. 1350 (a little less than $10). The picture is stylized by Google Photos.

The Hill Park, Karachi.

hahaha Karachi ke dater's ki Jannat, Remember we used to bunk College and go there, back than it has a bad reputation with police constantly raiding it. Seen a lot of hacky panky in Cars parking over there , The area surrounding is very good, I would rate among the top 5 to live in Karachi .

hahaha Karachi ke dater's ki Jannat, Remember we used to bunk College and go there, back than it has a bad reputation with police constantly raiding it. Seen a lot of hacky panky in Cars parking over there , The area surrounding is very good, I would rate among the top 5 to live in Karachi .

In my 2013 visit to the Hill Park, I did see some couples sitting nervously together under trees. Pretty sure they were not married but none of my business: We are not Iran or Saudi Arabia!
Hill Park is an underrated gem in Karachi.

Wow Cool

In my 2013 visit to the Hill Park, I did see some couples sitting nervously together under trees. Pretty sure they were not married but none of my business: We are not Iran or Saudi Arabia!
Hill Park is an underrated gem in Karachi.

True but Police still crack down, most of the couples are not actual couple but paid prostitutes . It was suppose to be a decent Family park but people ruined it .

True but Police still crack down, most of the couples are not actual couple but paid prostitutes . It was suppose to be a decent Family park but people ruined it .

It's a slippery slope to label women as 'prostitutes' and requiring marriage certificate for a couple in public places! Why such vigilantism? Pakistan is not Iran or Saudi Arabia. If couples are not displaying overt affection in public then no offense is there.

When wife and I checked into our hotel in Islamabad 2-3 weeks ago, the manager was insisting on a marriage certificate. I told him to compare the last names on our passports but he ignored that. Then as I was going for my wallet to pay he asked again. To which I responded that I am coming from Karachi where no marriage cert was required in the 3 hotels I had stayed in, and that I was checking into his hotel after a 23 hours, tiring train ride, and that if he is not satisfied then I am ready to go some place else! He got the message. He was respectful after that.

It's a slippery slope to label women as 'prostitutes' and requiring marriage certificate for a couple in public places! Why such vigilantism? Pakistan is not Iran or Saudi Arabia. If couples are not displaying overt affection in public then no offense is there.

because of two reasons ..
1) I have been around boys who took prostitutes to Hill park .
2) Usually Couples don't go to Hill park because of its bad reputation , even if you are Husband wife people will assume the latter .

Its strange that I stayed at a guest house in F-11 or F-7 Don't remember exactly but the manage didn't ask me for any marriage certificate or anything, in fact I stayed at around 4 different hotels none of them ask a evidence of Marriage .

The Hill Park, Karachi.

Thank you to both of you for all of your efforts in promoting the real Pak! God Bless and I pray your efforts payoff.

I am talks with them , if they pick up our case than we might get the help for Free , Lawyers are very expensive in US :(

@Starlord My wife's immigration app for her parents was taking a really long time. When we contacted them, they would say it's in process and this went on for years. Finally, someone suggested to contact our local congress representative from the US House. That did the trick. By law, immigration is required to research and submit a response to your congress person in a reasonable amount of time. The answer was that the immigration had misplaced the paperwork. We resubmitted everything and due to the pressure from my local congressman, the issue was resolved favorably and quickly.

The congress reps have dedicated staff to handle constituents issues like immigration. Your wife should contact her rep. She might need to provide a copy of the Receipt (and the Receipt number) you got when you applied. Here is the link to find who your rep is and try contacting the office when they open up again: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

This is better than getting an attorney.

Back
Top Bottom