What's new

Going to India

Yes we definitely want to see the festivals etc, so much color, would love to go to a Indian wedding, but that's pushing it lol

goa is for bachelors.........

can't say there is any thing for family......

What you mean Goa is only for bachleours ... I am a goan natively ,,,, thousands of families visit every year in Goa.
there is a lot of stuff for families as well including beaches ,waterfalls and wild life centuries in Goa

Do visit Varanasi ( oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world ) and Allahabad ( confluence of three Rivers Ganga, Yamuna and invisible sarswati ) ....

well i m staying here for past 20 yrs almost and covered only 30-40 percent of the places,u are coming for only 4 weeks what should i suggest u,i m screwed
i m giving u certain places,try to visit them
Kashmir,Rajasthan(it will take more than 2 weeks),Kerala(for wildlife),Goa(if u want to have fun),Varanasi(for Indian culture)
Well in the limited time frame that much is enough
Next time i will give u some east India tourist places
Have a safe and wonderful journey

I know 4 weeks is not much time at all, but unfortunately that's how it is, need to pay the bills etc, so have to get back to work. If you guys had four weeks, and had 3 kids as well what would you do?

in the limited time i would say Kashmir,Rajasthan and Kerala,also visit Delhi and Taj Mahal

Since you are going there with kids, I would suggest you to stick to the tourist circuits. Have you already made the bookings and stuff? If you can give me tentative date of when you leaving I will try and chalk out an itinerary for you.

Try and make a short trip to the Queen of the Hill Stations - The beautiful Nilgiris in Tamil Nadu from where the choicest of tea is exported all over the world! This is where I live. And you're welcome!

Nilgiris1.jpg

Nilgiris-Mountain-Rail-Route-2-610x406.jpg

nilgiris--blue-lake-and-blue-mountains.preview.jpg

ooty-ootacamund-4.jpg

AQUA%20PARA%20SAILING3.jpg

AQUA%20PARA%20SAILING4.jpg

PYKARA%20042.jpg

Nilgiri+Hills+Green.jpg

One of the oldest tea estates in the Nilgiris

Cheers!

Since you are going there with kids, I would suggest you to stick to the tourist circuits. Have you already made the bookings and stuff? If you can give me tentative date of when you leaving I will try and chalk out an itinerary for you.

Well At the moment we are looking at end of October start of November, like I said since we have 3 kids, we need to make sure that the pace is easy the sights kid friendly as well, some time at the beach would be good as well.

Well it's been decide my family and I are off to India in October/November would love to have inputs from people on here about this wonderful country.

Have been doing research and trying to learn about the country, from what I can gather it is one of if not the most diverse places on Earth.

Different religions, culture, traditions all living in peace and respecting each other, so much history and civilization.

I have 3 kids as well 2 girls and a boy all under the age of 12 and they are looking forward to the experience, they really want to to see Elephants and bathe them etc.

We want to try and experience as much as we can, we only have 4 weeks in India as we have to get back to work.

Any help, tips, hints will be most welcome and very much appreciated, come on guys bring it on. :cheesy:

The best forum to discuss India related travel activities is indiamike.com

Also, you need to specify your budget. There are enough tourists here who arrive with 2 t-shirts and a pair of jeans and make-dofor a month on a shoestring budget. Considering you are traveling with kids, I take it you are not in that bracket.

Personally, I hate crowded places and if you wish to get a taste of the real India - I would suggest 4 weeks

1. Week in Rajasthan - cover Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Jaisalmer is the only place where I found an Aussie expat running a restaurant selling vegemite.

2. Week in Shimla

3. Week in Kerala

4. Week in Darjeeling

Thanks for the Indiamike tip, that is a great site and lots of info and people who love India, Shimla is a hill station yes? But wont it be very cold in the hills in winter? Same goes for Darjeeling, both look gorgeous but would it be cold?

Thanks for the Indiamike tip, that is a great site and lots of info and people who love India, Shimla is a hill station yes? But wont it be very cold in the hills in winter? Same goes for Darjeeling, both look gorgeous but would it be cold?

considering u are from west ....... i dont think cold will botheru that much ...... but yes winter would be the best time u visit rajasthan ...... coz its very hot dere in summers...... but in winters u gonna enjoy a lot out dere in jaisalmer...

Yes, yes Rajasthan is part of the Golden Triangle yes? The story's I have heard are amazing, palaces, forts, temples, so much life and color.

- Land in Delhi - 2 ~3 days in Delhi and Agra
- Himachal -1 wk
- Rajasthan - 1.5 wk
- Goa - 2~3 days
- Kerala - 2~3 days

it will cover most of diversity of Inidia. If you let me know your intrest I can make a detail plan for you.

Back
Top Bottom