What's new

Going to India

It is very touch to cover India in 4 weeks but some of the places that you could think about are
1. Kashmir
2. Rajastan
3. Goa
4. Tamil nadu
5. Kerala

Im sure you will come back to India for a second trip like ur friends. So just start with Kerala & T.N first.

Rest with next trip..

Would love to see Tigers as well, but remember we only have 4 weeks.

Visit north eastern part of India. Namdapa national park, kaziranga national park and many more. You can see tiger, one horn rhino cloudy leopard, snow leopard, common leopard, red panda etc. Hope you will enjoy here.

if you are going to india than why are you telling us in pakistan defense forum?

if you are going to india than why are you telling us in pakistan defense forum?

Information sharing is not all that bad.. May be you would like to visit beautiful places in India once our relations are normalized.

if u ever come to punjab in city amritsar then must visit golden temple...thesephoto taken by my own camera

SANY2025.jpg

SANY2011.jpg

SANY2020.jpg

SANY2003.jpg

SANY2004.jpg

Golden temple.. do not go on sunday or saturday. it will take 5 - 6 hours hours to get inside because of rush. go on tuesdays wednesday. it took me 2 hours to get in. but for tourists, people with kids and elders they have separate line. and they can get in easily. dont go the way locals are going.

amritsar at places is very modern like any western city and at places very backward. dont eat street food. for shoping visit alpha mall.

^^^ +1 a very peaceful place open to all of mankind- absolutely no prejudice at all. Food is good there free and like I said avaloble to all. it is so peculiar to walk into the grounds and feel the peace and calm nature of the place when outside is a bustling city- it is like you are on a different planet!

Try a few days at Ladakh too! It's out of this world! Here's some pics that'll make you drool....

Attraction-of-Leh-Ladak.jpg

Ladhak4a.jpg

Ladhak13a.jpg

Ladhak12.jpg

Ladhak6a.jpg

Ladhak5.jpg

111%20Turquoise%20Head%20Dresses%20-%20Ladakh%20Festival%20-%20Leh.JPG

festivals-flash-packages.jpg

^^^ Ladkh is nice place, but it will be cold in winter.

first time visitor usually stick to delhi-agra-jaipur circuit.

May be we can give more info if he tells his likes and dislikes, his expectations.
But I will still repeat, if you are going with kids, try to play safe always. Have a plan beforehand and stick to it.

EDIT: Did not see he is going in oct/nov.

@OP,

Thankfully you're visiting India at a great time....... That is the perfect time to visit North India..... I'd suggest to spend first two weeks in Delhi and around...... (Taj, Rajasthan etc.) and the remaining traveling South, exploring the beaches and temples ...... (Mumbai, Kerala, TN etc.)

I know in Delhi travelling shouldn't be a problem if you're staying in a decent hotel, they can help arrange a cab for local travel and can refer you to local tour operators if you wanna visit nearby places.

YOU WILL encounter people trying to sell you "cheap" travel packages, do not trust them (even though it may seem very tempting)........ it is worth spending a few extra $ and save the headache later on.

Most importantly, prepare yourself and your kids for the culture shock....... the crowd, the cacophony, cows on the roads and the ***** :D....... It is all part of the experience called India ..........

Back
Top Bottom