What's new

Going to India

The Enfield is a great bike, would love to ride one but not sure if my wife will let me, my kids are the ones who are most excited about India, like I said they have to do a school project and all of them have decided to do something about India.

I know India is a tough place to travel in at the best of times, but travel is not all about 5 star hotels etc, my kids are adventurous and so am I and the wife.

India is something I am sure will change us, everyone who I have spoken to who has been to India has told me that India changes you, from the inside and we are looking forward to it.

If you want to be little bit adventurous, take trains everywhere possible. That is the best way to mingle with common people and at the same time will not cost you much. But be careful in securing your valuables. For stays, try service apartments. This site is good for world over bed and breakfast - Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night - Accommodations on Airbnb which will reduce your cost of stay and will not feel isolated in a 5 star hotel.

Enfield stays close to my heart. Used to borrow my friend's 1950s 250cc bike(though 350cc was available in Enfield in newer version bikes) and used to ride it to Pondicherry to get some tax-free liquor to drink. Never preferred Yamahas or other fancy bikes even though chicks found them sexy. As for myself, I owned a old Jawa. Nostalgic times.

Thanks man, you guys on here have been awesome, so much help, hints and tips, there is so much to see and do in India, should be enter the country in Mumbai or go to Delhi?

If you plan to go Rajasthan check out Mount Abu where you will find some of the finest Jain temples I have ever seen not to mention a lake with a amazing view.

dilwara_jain_temple.jpg

Thanks man, you guys on here have been awesome, so much help, hints and tips, there is so much to see and do in India, should be enter the country in Mumbai or go to Delhi?

You should not have issues either through Mumbai or Delhi. I have tried both along with Chennai and have not seen issues. It depends on where you want to go first. If it is Rajasthan, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri or somewhere in Himalayas then it is Delhi. If it is Southern India - Bangalore or Chennai. As for the flight, I would say Go Delta-Airfrance as I had a pleasant experience with them.

Depends do u plan to see the Taj and go to Rajasthan? in that case fly into Delhi, but if you wish to go South India like Goa, Kerala fly into Mumbai.

I think at the moment we are leaning towards the South as our first trip to India, people have told me that the South is easier to get adjusted to? Also what are the prices by plane to Goa from Mumbai?

If its South India then Bengaluru or Chennai can be your entry point.

So many choices and options, my head is spinning, never researched a vacation as much as this one, but its been good as well, lots of learning about India. I hear the pollution in the big city's is very bad, how do you guys handle it?

I think at the moment we are leaning towards the South as our first trip to India, people have told me that the South is easier to get adjusted to? Also what are the prices by plane to Goa from Mumbai?

If you are planning south India, Try Kochi or Bangalore as your entry city, then plan towards Goa and Mumbai and exit via Delhi.

There are a lot of online ticketing websites e.g. makemytrip.com, yatra.com etc. You can check out prevalent rates for air fares for any destinations there.

You have better Thumpers.

Not in India you don't. Not yet anways.

Forget "better." If you know what a thumper really means, in India no other bike even qualifies as one.

The Bullet is a frontier motorcycle. In many ways it is the bike that built India.

Ask the Army. Ask the BRO.

Its far from perfect. But in many ways its still the best at what it does in India.

I come from a family of Bulleteers so I'm obviously biased.

But I've been riding for over twenty years now. Close to half a million kilometers under my belt. Covered most of India. Most of it solo. No help, no backup. And not just urban India or the highways at that. So take it from someone who knows his bikes.

Would it cost a lot to buy a Bullet in India and ship it back to France? And what is the going rate for a new Bullet?

Back
Top Bottom