What's new

Going to India

The Bullet is exported to many countries. The UK and Germany definitely. Don't really know about France. You could write to them at royalenfield.com and find out.

In the old days when I was a kid, on the backside of my maternal ancestral home in Mumbai was the workshop of Allibhai Premji, one of the largest packers and exporters of Bullets worldwide for foreigners. I grew up during our vacations with the sound of Bullets being tuned. :) They would build these massive wooden pallets and crates to ack the brand new shiny machines into before shipping them all over the world.

Of course this was a fantastic high margin business in the days when the rupee was very weak. Premjis would buy the bikes in Indian rupees, and sell to the foreigners in foreign exchange - and not just a simple currency conversion either.

The other guy famous for this was Lalli Singh in New Delhi with a very similar operation.

Royal Enfield finally became wise to the business they were potentially not tapping into, as well the homologation rules of the foreign countries caught up, as did those of the Indian authorities. So Royal Enfield began setting up partnerships and franchisees and dealer networks abroad officially, with the bikes customised to meet the norms of the foreign countries (electricals, tyres, lights, shift patterns, the works).

And Royal Enfield began selling these bikes directly abroad. Without middlemen shippers.

To give you an example, the C5 (Classic 500 with the new Unit Construction Engine) costs around 2.2 to 2.6 thousand Euro here in India, while abroad it is sold for 7.5 to 7.8 thousand Euro. That is the difference!

Frankly, at that price, unless you are specifically a classic bike buff, you are better off buying a modern thumper like the fantastic KTM Duke 690 or the others like the Kawasaki KLR 650, the Suzuki DR 650, or the Honda XR 650. All better bikes overall.

P.S. Just checked the website. The Bullet is sold in France. You can even key in your state and city and theey will give you a dealer address.

The other commonly used option is to hire a Bullet while you are here. There are tons of guys running Bullet rentals and tours to the mountains all over. I can help you if you wish.

Hey guys a question, can I use my ATM card in India? It's a Commonwealth Bank account, can I access it while in India? Thanks.

Would it cost a lot to buy a Bullet in India and ship it back to France? And what is the going rate for a new Bullet?

The purchase will be cheap but the shipping is what is going to cost big bucks- not exactly sure how much but I know that when my Uncle moved to Dubai from UK he wanted to take is 2 month old Range Rover Sport with him but according to him shipping costs made it uneconomical to do so. He ended up selling the Range Rover Sport in the UK and buying a new one in Dubai- still cost him quite a bit because of depreciation though.

+ funny thing is he came back a few months later because his wife hated it in Dubai an couldn't afford to buy his Range Rover back! lol!!

Thanks S&B yeah it's a mastercard, I guess my bank will charge me fees as usual, will have to find that out.

Well it's been decide my family and I are off to India in October/November would love to have inputs from people on here about this wonderful country.

Have been doing research and trying to learn about the country, from what I can gather it is one of if not the most diverse places on Earth.

Different religions, culture, traditions all living in peace and respecting each other, so much history and civilization.

I have 3 kids as well 2 girls and a boy all under the age of 12 and they are looking forward to the experience, they really want to to see Elephants and bathe them etc.

We want to try and experience as much as we can, we only have 4 weeks in India as we have to get back to work.

Any help, tips, hints will be most welcome and very much appreciated, come on guys bring it on. :cheesy:
Go to Agra and Jaipur.....Kerela, and I think you should come keeping Diwali festival in mind, it would be great experience for you all. Any information you need just ask us, more than happy to help you.:welcome:

Would it cost a lot to buy a Bullet in India and ship it back to France? And what is the going rate for a new Bullet?
Around $2000 but don't buy electric start one.....you should rather take standard model....these new bullets are for so called wannabes of being a part of Royal Enfield Club....If yo stay for long you can ask for custom built. But for that you have to research a lot or find a great custom shop.

Shipping cost...that I don't know about...

If I do buy a Bullet, would it be easier to repair etc in Australia/France?
For that you have to buy the models if (bullet is used in these countries). Select the one whose spare parts are easily available, but it may take the fun out of it....I personally think that bullet owner should have good knowledge how to repair it but its not necessary. if you get hold of a bullet mechanic like we have in India.

I don't think we have many people in Australia or France who would know how to repair or get parts for a bullet, but having said that it's a motor bike so it should be easy to learn.

Ask the members off this club, bike groups of Royal Enfield is one the most helping one. They will give you all the information needed.

come to rajasthan its a wonderful n colorful state
Its full of tourist stops like big old palaces, lakes, elephant ride, camel ride u name it n u might also like Palace on wheels(a very majestic train n it has one of oldest running engine in the world), etc.
i would recommend atleast visit Jaipur n Udaipur:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom